Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Saru

5 Room Anchorvale Isles Renovation Journey

IMG_0041.jpg

One of the good things I did not regret working with a premium ID is that I predicted my wife and I would change my mind many times along the way and would want ridiculous changes along the way. Language issues and what looks good on 3D or tech drawings may be drastically different in real. We have the completed wood trimmings thing changed completely because we didn't like the previous one. Only topped up a tiny amount... Lucky!

IMG_0060.jpg

and bargained for the box up cost for aircon trunking, to allow for a cavity to make shelving. Will paint this wall grey (same to MBR bed back wall grey) and put aroma therapy products and stylistic amethyst ornaments to boost the metal element in * sector. still looks odd though ...will think of a way to improve it after project is complete.

Pipes and trunking....something you will never think of till you start renovating your own house. Now I appreciate the 5 stars hotels more because everything is concealed so beautifully you never think of the mess of pipes, wires and turnings underneath!

IMG_0061.jpg

We ove our huge mirror in the MBR toilet - with lights.

An ikea-ish design customised to be bigger and build with materials that would not warp.

I bought a Ikea mirror cabinet for the common bathroom for 25% of the price...but after assembly myself - We could guess how long the chipboard would last in a such a hot and humid environment. Then again, we can buy a new one to change 2 years later!

Edited by Saru

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Waiting waiting waiting for Peeka to ship my Taobao loot over.
Pressed the ship button on 4th September and still waiting - upon enquiry they admitted "shipped" status means nothing really as vessel may not have left China and could be still in midst of goods consolidation. So the whole interface is a clever piece while you can wait much longer than 2 weeks for goods to arrive. Any questions asked will always be "cannot control customs and clearance timing or Mid Autumn Festival/Typhoon delays" Most likely next week you will get the goods" I get worried when I do not know vessel name and ETD or ETA date.

Perhaps should have used oops.sg instead like what some of the renotalkers advised (Ocean Eleven has great advice!).

Shenzhen to Singapore is 4-5 days transit time and 2-3 days max for clearance. Consolidation cut off timings twice a week and vessel departures twice a week even if they have to wait to fill a 40 footer before shipping. Status should have at least shown arrived in Singapore by now.

First timer us anxiously waiting for the Taobao lights to arrive so electrician can install coming Thursday. Looks like not happening anymore.

Wonder if anyone used Peeka or Oops or Amcon or Daigou65 and how long did goods take to arrive at delivery destination after ship button is depressed. 21 days?

Waiting waiting waiting for Peeka to ship my Taobao loot over.

Pressed the ship button on 4th September and still waiting - upon enquiry they admitted "shipped" status means nothing really as vessel may not have left China and could be still in midst of goods consolidation. So the whole interface is a clever piece while you can wait much longer than 2 weeks for goods to arrive. Any questions asked will always be "cannot control customs and clearance timing or Mid Autumn Festival/Typhoon delays" Most likely next week you will get the goods" I get worried when I do not know vessel name and ETD or ETA date.

Perhaps should have used oops.sg instead like what some of the renotalkers advised (Ocean Eleven has great advice!).

Shenzhen to Singapore is 4-5 days transit time and 2-3 days max for clearance. Consolidation cut off timings twice a week and vessel departures twice a week even if they have to wait to fill a 40 footer before shipping. Status should have at least shown arrived in Singapore by now.

First timer us anxiously waiting for the Taobao lights to arrive so electrician can install coming Thursday. Looks like not happening anymore.

Wonder if anyone used Peeka or Oops or Amcon or Daigou65 and how long did goods take to arrive at delivery destination after ship button is depressed. 21 days?

I used Amcon, shipment left 16 Aug, arrived 23 Aug.

I used Oops. It took less than 14 days from the payment to the date all goods (consolidated in Guangzhou warehouse) been delivered to my door step. Nothing to complain about the online DIY-shipment system, but their email response was rather slow. You don't get response by sending sms to the local contact either. I have used Daigou65 before, but it's quite inconvenient in term of collection because you will need to match their delivery time at one of their allocated locations that you have chosen.

Good lobang on the uni-arm holder. Can PM me his contact and the cost? The original one from HDB doesn't have locking mechanism to hold the door at 90deg, which is rather inconvenient when you are moving in many items alone. Thx

Edited by wyx03_2002

Thanks guys!!

Went with Peeka due to the easy interface and "tracking", which now I know is fake. Let's see how fast they turn around once shipment arrives.

I work with a few major freight forwarders for my job for 20 footer/40 footer shipments from China to Singapore so I know the time it takes - from now on I shall not complain anymore how slow they are. Peeka just broke the record in terms of being slow! My neighbour in Anchorvale that used Peeka also waiting. Zzzzzzzz

(just went to oops.sg website and saw people KPKB even when less than 14 days good have not arrived :[ )

As for Uni-Arm contact - PM-ed you. It's really great - works like the Dorma door arm that the digital lock guys are peddling, as an add-on.

wyx03_2002

Edited by Saru

I used Oops. It took less than 14 days from the payment to the date all goods (consolidated in Guangzhou warehouse) been delivered to my door step. Nothing to complain about the online DIY-shipment system, but their email response was rather slow. You don't get response by sending sms to the local contact either. I have used Daigou65 before, but it's quite inconvenient in term of collection because you will need to match their delivery time at one of their allocated locations that you have chosen.

Good lobang on the uni-arm holder. Can PM me his contact and the cost? The original one from HDB doesn't have locking mechanism to hold the door at 90deg, which is rather inconvenient when you are moving in many items alone. Thx

Better no response then the standard responses they give for my enquiries - which i cut and paste from my order website with Peeka:

1) Your order is in the midst of consollidation and will be shipped out asap.

2) Do take note that all shipments are subjected to custom clearance and inspections.

Some shipments take longer than others, this was slightly affected by mid autumn festivals thus the slight delay.

Do let us know if you have further queries or concerns.

3) Sorry, we are not able to provide an accurate estimate on the actual delivery date.

Should there be no unforeseen delays, Peeka Economy / Sea shipping will take approximately 14 to 16 working days from the shipped out date to reach you.

Do take note that all shipments are subjected to custom clearance and inspections.

You will receive an automated email and SMS notification when it arrives at our SG warehouse.

4) Sorry to inform you that there's a slight delay due to the Mid Autumn holidays in China. Once it's here, we will notify you via sms.

Well now I know it's not normal to pay a premium price and wait more than 2 weeks without getting an ETA or credible status update. Hope goods all come in one piece! Lesson learnt so TB level UP!!

Edited by Saru

Hi Saru.. am i that neighbour? :/

sorry to hear that your TB loots have yet to reach you :( Mine surprisingly arrived on 16 sep (shipped on 2 sep). Hope this helps!

EUBIQ = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE (if they have a customer service dept, that is)

Pretty bad customer service with (Do not have anyone in customer service so forget about after sales service if things go wrong) - Forgot to input order despite calling to check whether order is ready twice and once to confirm terminal needed on the right side. On fourth call 2.5 weeks later, owned up they forgot order and will expedite my order.

- They Insisted I wait 2 weeks but i disagreed and they made "exception" to pick up 5 days later at IMM outlet. I called to follow up status and caught that they got the order wrong. They promised they will change

- I offered to go to Joo Koon Crescent in Tuas to pick up personally to save their delivery time, since the customisation is done there. Said will check but no update till I complained again and went to Joo Koon Crescent to pick up the track in the morning 5 days later

- I spoke to them to make sure goods are ready before I go as I do not want to waste time waiting in Tuas, but goods not ready for me when I went in the morning

- The guys at the warehouse was the nicest - they could not pick goods as everyone was in a "morning meeting" so no approvals can be given. They made and exception and rushed to pick the goods for me. Turns out that order sent by the store person was wrong and they had to make another run to get the right stuff for me

- They promised me a SPECIAL price since i was interested in the E-Tuscan and E-Trigon. But that special price is not even close to the super low roadshow price. I spoke to them about it and they said Roadshow is a gimmick and actually there are no stocks at that price anymore (only 1 or 2 unit as gimmick - OOS when you go now and cannot reserve for customers). The promise to reserve some units for me was probably a joke as no one followed up, so I just email them to say I rest my case (would they feel relieved or just would not bother about a small customer like me?)

It's not a million dollars I am paying but just wanted to be treated with some decency. Over the period, spoke to 3-4 different people and no one want to take ownership for solving the problem. And they keep calling my work phone when I told every one of them to call my personal phone instead (the next guy that responded just didn't care I guess). Finger pointing as well saying the guy that handled my problems was a temp.

This over glorified track will always remind me how bad customer service can get. ‪#‎myeubiqhome‬ . Hope it does not break down so I do not have to speak with the same guys again.

I initially wanted to get the Eubiq track for my place when I saw their road show at Kallang Leisure Park during August.

However, the Sales Manager attitude and lack of knowledge from their staff was quite appalling and it made me steer clear of them.

Morever, their tracks are nice looking and everything but I am not sure of the durability and after sales service, hence I decided not to take up.

Hope that you wont get into more trouble from Eubiq, :)

Hi Saru.. am i that neighbour? :/

sorry to hear that your TB loots have yet to reach you :( Mine surprisingly arrived on 16 sep (shipped on 2 sep). Hope this helps!

Haha....many neighbours around - got a feeling the whole world lives in Sengkang and Punggol now.

And yet so much construction going on for another 20-30 blocks coming up.

Hope my TB lights arrives latest on Thursdays!

A quick visit at night to check things out: Found out that the mild steel partitions are up!

ih2m35.jpg

Absolutely love them, that moment when you open the door and see through wide living room all the way to the study :)

IMG_0160.jpg
And how it looks from the doorway...pardon the mess!
Edited by Saru

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

And more treasure hunting to feed the DIY (because I am broke) spirit. Got nice RJ45 Cat5e covers and related accessories, cheapo light for bomb shelter, cheapo T5 lights to fix up myself. My brother and I going to DIY on the LAN wiring - WE CAN DO IT! (more like he can do it since he is familiar with PABX systems and wifi.

This is my bowl

358ABB48-83B4-44C1-BEFA-B828C2234304_zps

WC installed. Unfortunatly........my Vera A-011 is installed but flush is bad...definitely needs 2 flushes. So now i know the same 3.8L capacity does not mean the flush power is the same - the angle/shape of the bowl and the flush holes etc etc all plays a part. Too bad...destined to flush away 7.6L of waters each time something @big@ comes along :P

Verdict: Real bad - would not recommend. Sad I did not listen to one of the renotalkers as I was lazy to rush down to change my choice to another recommended model (and top up $200). Will hug this toilet bowl for another 5 years and see how it goes.

Any tips to improve the flush let me know. I tried pouring additional 1.5 litters of water into tank and flush...but not much use....

My flushing is good... It is the Ixiss flushing system... Although I still haven tried doing my big business... Maybe after I move in next week... I will review again.! Lol

• Like 1

Hi, do you mind sharing the uni-arm vendor contact? Thanks for sharing.

Installed the uni-arm hold open door thingey for my front door.

Costly at $68/w installation but I must say I love it a zillion times better than what HDB gave us.

IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
Now it's fine tuned for soft-closing, optimum speed of door closing (adjusted for wind direction and he taught me how to adjust when winds change once every year) and can hold open at 90 degrees easily. No cranking sound and he pointed out how the HDB door and ceiling alignment error of my friend's place (also in Sengkang) and mine and how to tune it properly.
Happy!
His Facebook page is called Uni-arm - just mention recommended by the guy with the biggest living room in Seng Kang and try to bargain for a discount!!! He does LAN point conversion at a very good price too.