Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Saru

5 Room Anchorvale Isles Renovation Journey

Delivery guy for Samsung washing machine unbolting the washing machine to activate the stabilisers. There's even a spanner to adjust the height of the washing machine (lower down for more stability once permanently put in place)

IMG_9633.jpg
Question is the connection to the tap. Delivery guy advised me to change the tap to fit for better flow and better fit as HDB tap sucks, he says. Should I change tap or just buy an adaptor? Any advice here?
IMG_9634.jpg
I saw on there forums they using this:
Screen_Shot_2014_09_03_at_10_59_29_pm.jp

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Choosing door handles.

One in the middle please :)

IMG_9694.jpg

Had the most interesting lessons on wiring and electrical/LAN stuff this week with my office neighbours. Ain't you glad your office is beside all the Electrical Import/Export trading stores in Singapore? Got some sockets for free and changed some of my sockets cheaply.

The real cost price of those high end sockets are really low and it can be shocking how much they buy in those pieces for from the manufacturers. then again Electricians also must earn some $ so you can spend less than $100 to buy all the branded Legrant/Schneider Neo switches to fill your house but Mr. Electrician not going to be happy you did not pay him $25-30 per socket (cheapest socket) for replacing HDB ones. If something happens, the famous reply is "Not my fault, wiring does not break down, must be socket, I didn't get the socket, you did. Go solve your own issues"

Thought my neighbour is really cool. Go along to Hamilton Road on weekday office hours and look for P** K*** Electrical Store if you want to pay just a few bucks for Legrand switches and sockets and only $10 for those high end switches with LED lights - and quote me the guy that keeps popping by to buy cheap T & J sockets for everyone as free gifts :P

Love the wood planks with the white toilets. And if you can get those bronzed fixtures, it would really complete the look!

Glad to see that your reno is coming along. And your guys are actually pulling overtime! Mine come late and go early (cos we had quite a bit of buffer built into the schedule and now it's all getting used up. :()

Got a bunch of those anqiue brass them via Taobao.

Anything is possible on Taobao nowadays but hope the quality that arrives is good.
It's really affordable to get all the below vs. getting it along Balestier and Jalan Besar.

Since items are small, it's my first time using the 4PX direct air freight to Singapore so only takes a short while to reach.

Waiting with bated breath and enjoying all the first times (while trying to keep the stress of making mistakes under control)

Problem is......won't really match with the chrome/steel look of the Grohe taps, showers and mixers but i guess that's the house design style - function first fengshui second then form is an add-on

Screen_Shot_2014_09_06_at_6_04_01_pm.png
Screen_Shot_2014_09_06_at_6_04_20_pm.png
T2b_BMj_Xod_XXXXXXXXX_1112348587_jpg_430
TB16_Wa_OFVXXXXax_Xp_XXXXXXXXXX_0_item_p

Love the wood planks with the white toilets. And if you can get those bronzed fixtures, it would really complete the look!

Glad to see that your reno is coming along. And your guys are actually pulling overtime! Mine come late and go early (cos we had quite a bit of buffer built into the schedule and now it's all getting used up. :()

Thought my neighbour is really cool. Go along to Hamilton Road on weekday office hours and look for P** K*** Electrical Store if you want to pay just a few bucks for Legrand switches and sockets and only $10 for those high end switches with LED lights - and quote me the guy that keeps popping by to buy cheap T & J sockets for everyone as free gifts :P

Hi Saru san, do you mind PM me the name of the electrical store?

Hi can kindly pm me the name of the electrical store as I want to get some switches too for my new house thanks!

Windows in service yard are up!

Specifically wanted a 4 panel window as it will open wider and let more air through. It's more balanced as well.

And being a functional fengshui believer, I need to have even number of windows in the house. And this makes 22 window openings in the house instead of 21!!

photo_1.jpg
photo_2.jpg

Hey u took off ur service yard door? U wanna sell to me?

Oops....she junked them - what a waste!!!!

Not ecofriendly! Actually no idea what to do with bathroom fittings as well - 1 recycled one set but 1 set and 1 WC left as well sitting around.

Hi can PM me the shop name?

Believed I PM-ed everyone.

Back to topic on WC toilet bowls, I'm getting worried my choice of bowl is not strong enough a flush. Especially worrying because I only have 1 WC for the whole house. Am using Vera A-011 WC. Anyone has experience in using this WC? This design seems really easy to clean as no grooves and WC flush with wall - in line with our simple functional design theme (which our ID has recently called MUJI design) but......hope it works!!

image.jpg

This very useful app from the PUB list out all the ticks and flushing litre capacity. Mine is two ticks 3.8L so hope reasonable for a small poop? I added Geberit flush valve system to this but not sure it helps the flush power - think negligible. Just durable that's all is that correct?

https://app.pub.gov.sg/WELSSP/Category.aspx?c=5

Feels dumb to use Eco friendly WC and end up flushing twice - waste more water! In fact low capacity is classified as 6L flush in western countries (or they poop bigger?) maybe I should have went over the causeway to get cheap and good 6L ones.

Hope to hear some good advice on WC or any fellow Vera A011 poopers share their dirt! And how does the geberit flush added to the WC help the flush (not concealed full geberit but the flush mechanism added)?