Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mintyvintage

Raw Means Refined - Scandinavian Industrial

After the Mild Steel is fabricate to size and shape, do the following :

1. Send for sandblasting (To clear the rust and other impurities)

2. Galvanizing (This act as a coat of protect over the mild steel to prevent it from rust)

3. Paint / Spray Paint the color you want over the Mild Steel (*Do 2 coating ) - You may need to add Primer before it (Not sure )

(*Usually Step 1 and 2 is done together at those Galvanizing Yard)

Hope this helps.

Industrial standards normally do not galvanized if you wish to primer and paint.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Industrial standards normally do not galvanized if you wish to primer and paint.

Yap.

But now he want it for his house and I think its better to do extra for protection thus the recommendation.

life storey was too expensive for us. :notti: i tink mid century wood table sounds good!! but it all depends which fit your theme and house space!

today i went down to life story again... the chairs are really nice... but it cost a whopping $700+ after discount :jawdrop: .. and in the meanwhile i got poisoned by another chair which is selling at $299 after a 50% off...

A9C1C30F-4538-4129-BF36-2BC956171D48_zps

I literally laughed out loud at the chalet bit. **** SAD LA! Spend all the money on reno and your friends get reminded of being 16 at east coast...

On the other hand... being able to feel 16 again isn't that bad....

When I mention that my house will be industrial I get quite a few faces and comments like "Why would you want to live in a factory?" Haha and to an extent I can see where they are coming from. I suspect the whole industrial loft look came about by artsy people not having the finances to do up their places nicely and so took odds and ends and mishmashed different things together to make ends meet. Then it kinda gained a life of its own. And while it's really getting quite common, I really do love it! Which at the end of the day is what counts yeah?

Hmm.. I actually thought cast iron would rust more readily than mild steel. And rust is a very large concern of mine. Esp since my study walls are gng to be made entirely of steel. Have asked the ID to make sure its super protected though. I agree that alu is much lighter and easier to maintain but there is an oomph to steel/iron that it simply lacks. Could you PM me the contacts of the cast iron ppl please? I think it could be worth a look.

Oh and good luck with comfort. I hate that sort of thing too. Pisses me off when promises are not met. Don't promise if you can't deliver. And saying that you were using it as leverage for a further discount would have had me exploding into the telephone. Hope it gets to you and that once you see it in your lovely home, all these memories fade away.

East coast not so bad. what if it reminds them of Downtown east? haha.

hahaha the 'why do you want to live in a factory comment' is usually from people who enjoy cosy and warm homes and not 'trendy' homes. i like how you described it as gaining a life of its own. i came to realise that different people have different tastes so what is 'nice' to us may be ugly to others. hehe. Common or not, most importantly is what the homeowners like! that's what i feel when i look at my house. even tho there may be common elements like screed and subway tiles, its the unique combi of different elements that made the house what it is. =)

I didnt want to use alu because it reminds me too much of hdb windows. and yes no oomph haha. i dont have the cast iron contact sorry! it was all arranged by my ID and i didnt liaise with them directly. can't wait to see how your 'dungeon' will turn out.

we gave up on Comfort. now just praying they will deliver as promised before national day. my dining table and fridge were also delayed. i guess the relatively smooth reno journey must have some hiccups. haha. murphy's law.

today i went down to life story again... the chairs are really nice... but it cost a whopping $700+ after discount :jawdrop: .. and in the meanwhile i got poisoned by another chair which is selling at $299 after a 50% off...

A9C1C30F-4538-4129-BF36-2BC956171D48_zps

their items are generally expensive!! i think only can afford during sale. haha. Good luck on starting your reno =)

looking forward to see how you revamp the space. the original state really looks like a condo, but i know what you mean when you say you dnt like modern, so all has to go. :D

I think quite a number of people have bad experience with furniture makers.

It seems that they will promise a date which they are not sure just to clinch the sales in first which happen frequently.

Good luck

i had more delays... fridge delayed... dining table delayed... sigh.

each had their own story. learnt to remain calm. haha. at least the fridge guys lent me another new but dented fridge first and threw in a rice cooker without me asking. and the dining chairs came as promised.

Busy with the move last saturday. tired weekend from packing and unpacking. :sport-smiley-018: will update with pics soon.

You will get to enjoy the house once its done.

*Add Oil

• Like 1

This may be a dumb question but would your renovation budget include electrical works?

not dumb la. haha! the reno budget doesnt include electrical works.

May i have your ID Contacts?

Please look for Rix from Fuse Concept. you can get their number online. =)

Hi mintyvintage, please share your ID contacts & where you bought your wooden frame mirror for toilet?

Please look for Rix from Fuse Concept. you can get their number online.

Edit: sorry the mirror is built by the ID. I had thought you were referring to my common toilet one (which I realised I didn't upload yet) but I do rmb seeing someone mention ikea had a similar one

Edited by mintyvintage

Could you PM me the price of your cast iron doors and panels, please, MintyVintage? Are the doors heavy?

Relatively heavy but not to the extent it needs a strong man to push them open/close.

they do 'rattle' abit when you push them but i guess thats the nature of cast iron?

will pm you.

• Like 1