Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi

PMed.

Hey Freb!

Thanks for sharing your reno journey so far. I'm really enjoying it. :thumbs up:

BTW, could you share with me how to appeal with HDB for the cement screeding? Asking on behalf of my kanchiong neighbours. :)

Hi, can you pm me the price of the HERF that you are paying for? How much psf?

Hi Freb,

I am also a new home owner subjected to the new cement screed rule. Would you be able to share with me the procedure of getting to free Cement screed for my vinyl flooring? Thanks in advanced

shampoo ledge redo, lower to a more usable height, but its too short, it will be extended

19680112092_5a8369e547_c.jpg

got approval from HDB to demolish 2 walls between 3 rooms. contractor cut a rectangular hole for both walls

19499183738_46fce7b5c6_c.jpg

19064646074_a9960312f9_c.jpg

19066297323_03d81b468b_c.jpg

Reason: new HDB rooms r so tiny, once u place a king or queen size bed, u barely have enough space to walk, adding a TV console for TV will make the situation worst.

however ID came up with a brilliant idea, since we got the middle room as wardrobe room, we will utilise one of the drawer from each side of the wardrobe n make it into tv consoles for both my parents & our room. End result? able to hide the starhub setup box/dvd player/ps4 etc and still have enough space to walk in the room :)

19066407043_fa5efec28f_c.jpg

told id to finish reno by end july...not sure possible, aircon unit will be installed soon, appliances start delivery next week, cant wait! :D

whole house painted the color we want, awesome white

19773115691_d587d377f5_c.jpg

service yard piping done for both washer + hand wash sink + tap

19580358230_3db29e3309_c.jpg

shampoo ledges...finally done...

19581782399_7009e8f01a_c.jpg

some minor touch up the hidden tv consoles

19580374198_7111c1aee6_c.jpg

19742218446_0a7e1c203e_c.jpg

cleaning this wkend and acid wash coming monday. then it should be carpentry time :D

Debris & floor protection removed, acid wash next monday!

virtual walkthrough :D

19608724469_1d5277cbc3_b.jpg

19172743904_a204287b40_b.jpg

19174447513_00d7092aeb_b.jpg

19607335450_e5556cb89d_b.jpg

19608724149_ee89b2223e_b.jpg

Edited by Freb

19172743264_11ccef6d51_b.jpg

parent's room

19788056492_7f6208ec33_b.jpg

walk-in-wardrobe + study room

19788056372_ef1e659acc_b.jpg

MBR, taobao item delivered too early, goto move them ard again & again...not advisable

Congrats on the work looks great. waiting to start on my own now and headaches galore.

May I ask which forwarder you used for TB purchases and cost for shipping cos it seems you went on a spree on TB:)

Congrats on the work looks great. waiting to start on my own now and headaches galore.

May I ask which forwarder you used for TB purchases and cost for shipping cos it seems you went on a spree on TB:)

i use OOPS

https://www.oops.sg/price.php

its quite easy to use, set up an account n they give u a nick (Axxxx) + address to key in for taobao. i paid ard $300 for 2.7m3 of stuff including gst. there r cheaper ones (ard $80/m3 exclude GST) out there but takes more effort to use so i just stick to oops. oh and the GST is depending on ur declaration.

Edited by Freb

hi freb,may i ask for the OOPS u r using assist buy or what?how long is the shiping? TIA

i buy on taobao n ship direct to oops. shipping takes abt 8days. they will call u before delivery.

Hi, Fred. Saw u reply Ljordan on taobao purchase. I oso keen on purchase from taobao. From my understanding on your reply,

1) set up account on oops. Will be given account n address by oops.

2) taobao shopping and key in oops address

3) purchase ship direct to oops. May i know they ship direct to oops china or oops singapore?

Any other step afterwards? Thanks.

Hi, Fred. Saw u reply Ljordan on taobao purchase. I oso keen on purchase from taobao. From my understanding on your reply,

1) set up account on oops. Will be given account n address by oops.

2) taobao shopping and key in oops address

3) purchase ship direct to oops. May i know they ship direct to oops china or oops singapore?

Any other step afterwards? Thanks.

It will give u china GZ address. once ur items reached the warehouse, it will be updated on the oops webpage and u can log in under DIY shipping service & declare value n rename the item (u have to tally with ur Taobao shipping number as oops only give it a default name)

Once all ur items arrive at oops warehouse, u can select those u wanna ship n they will measure the items n tell u how many m3 & how much total. U then pay via bank transfer n key in the transaction number into the payment tab in oops.

Once oops verified the payment n the stuff will be on the way to ur house. (Abt 8days)

Do note that oops offer unlimited time & storage in GZ warehouse but not in sg (sea only). I had once stored my item in its warehouse for more than 6 months before shipping.

Once it reach sg they will call u up to arrange delivery. If unable to deliver on agreed date, they might charge $25/m3/day.

So make sure ur at home to receive it.

Happy shopping!