Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ar sorry not ur toilet lol must have mixed up while browsing the forum...

but yea im just thinking if cleaning the subway tiles in these areas will be tough. cos i see a lot of people use them..just a thought

maybe the gout will help...

Edited by wirriam

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ar sorry not ur toilet lol must have mixed up while browsing the forum...

but yea im just thinking if cleaning the subway tiles in these areas will be tough. cos i see a lot of people use them..just a thought

Haha, yeah. Now many ppl using subway tiles. I guess its in the trend now. At first also thought of the gout hard to clean. But still, really look nice. And my wife likes it. So hopefully with black gout, dirt will not be obvious.

Hi - want to ask have your tiles arrive? and do you mind sharing how much did the total shipment weight and cost? trying to plan for mine, coz single income, must spend wisely, every penny counts :)

The subway tiles in Hafary cost $4.50 per sqft, but I saw in the shop next to it and it cost $3.00 per sqft.

Thanks in advance!

Hi - want to ask have your tiles arrive? and do you mind sharing how much did the total shipment weight and cost? trying to plan for mine, coz single income, must spend wisely, every penny counts :)

The subway tiles in Hafary cost $4.50 per sqft, but I saw in the shop next to it and it cost $3.00 per sqft.

Thanks in advance!

I haven received it, next week then will received. The weight for 1050 pieces / 21 cartons is about 200 over kg. Luckily it's sea shipment so it's based on m3. I'm combining the the shipment with my other purchases, but based on the picture that the seller send me, it's, more than 1m3 but less than 2m3.

Wow, like that the subway tile not that expensive leh. If based on $3.00 per sqf, it's about $35 per sqm which is usually 1 carton. Like that can buy leh. Because my ID told me that subway tiles is about $1.50 - $2.00 per piece, which adds up to $75 - $100 per carton. That's why I didn't go check Hafary or SBH.

Oh :(

I've alrdy overlay my kitchen tiles. One step too late.

But at least now I know!

HI CountryGlow,

Yes, I initially also thought not able to hack until i saw some of the T-Bloggers also hack, but need apply permit. And HDB during approval will state that you will need to use water proof premix.

Bathroom confirm cannot, need to wait 3 years.

Hi, my floorplan is exactly the same and i like the work your ID is doing, care to share your ID contacts? please drop me a PM. thank you so much.

PMed

very nice design. may i know how much will the carpentry cost per sq feet for full height wardrobe and kitchen cabinets ? thanks.

PMed

It has been very long since I update the progress because i was waiting for the subway tiles and some other stuff from Taobao. And so the work was like very slow. There is a point where they basically stopped for like 5 days. :(

And finally it is here since Monday, and they quickly get the ball started. Today went up. saw the subway tiles are paste on the walls already.

Kitchen%20Subway%20tiles2_zpsmxtrvuxu.jp

Another updates would be the, bedroom tiles, kitchen floor tiles, considered done, also the service yard floor.

E4C551A9-5FB1-4F90-851C-32ABB1E62543_zps

Bedroom tiles.

DC5ABECE-CDAC-4CE5-B845-1203AEEE9B53_zps

There are some changes to the aircon pipe too. Initially i requested that the aircon pipe no need to be trunked. Because i'm thinking since i am going to box up, if i put on pvc trunking, any problems with the pipe i need to pull out the whole trunking and will affect the box up area. But after few days, i realize that even put PVC trunking, anything wrong, they can cut a opening in the trunking then no need pull out the whole piece. Called the aircon installer, tell him if i request to put trunking now is it ok? Surprisingly, he say no problem, but the PVC trunking will not be straight. Which i think is ok, since box up also.

Looks OK to me.

3E89BE54-5625-41DD-9F4D-61C1AFA7EDB3_zps

Had requested my ID to ask the plumber to install 1 toilet bowl that is from TB, the reason i bought 1 mainly is to test and see is it good. So can only update next week. Packing was good.

2015-04-06%2014.11.27_zpscwvadqho.jpg

Because if ask the plumber to install only 1 toilet bowl also pai seh. So my ID suggest to me can install storage heater too. I already has a model in mind, Joven 35L (JH35HE)

Called up the usual stores which are highly recommended in renotalk. Found the cheapest to be Yuan Soon from Balestier. I think not more than $250, but out of stock. Also called the supplier that are in Yishun/Woodlands area since thats where i stay. You can find the contacts from Joven web site, the cheapest is NBES in yishun selling $280. Lazy to travel till Balestier to collect, so decided to get it from Yishun since $30 difference about the same for cab fares.

Will update more when it's installed

hey - how's the quality of the subway tiles? Can trouble you to show me a close-up pic? Thinking to see the 3D effect :)

The tiles generally is ok, but i personally felt that it is not very 3D. Meaning the curves not very big. But will try to get some close up for you.

hey - how's the quality of the subway tiles? Can trouble you to show me a close-up pic? Thinking to see the 3D effect :)

Faranggirl. Sorry for the late reply.. Hope this is ok.. The effect not really very 3D. Very mild.

34472DD9-ED15-43D3-9418-55146EECBAA4_zps