Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookie

Best Hotels To Hold Wedding Banquet? Reasons Pls!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hellos all, just wanted to say that I just had my wedding dinner at GPP (behind Peninsular Plaza) and it was wonderful. All the guests commented the food is fantastic. Our wedding coordinator is also very accommodating and responsible. The banquet manager was experienced and steady, even the waitress were polite and professional. The outdoor and indoor jacuzzi added to the romantic touch after the tiring night. Thumbs up!

Hi who is your wedding coordinator?

Planning mid next year. But actual date not finalised...

i see. you can start sourcing now then book around may. :bangwall:

Had been looking around and visited many hotels. Most discourage me to book with opened date cos very risky.

Actually considering GPP and the date I want is not available. :jawdrop:

Now thinking whether to get new date or look for new hotel :sport-smiley-004:

Had been looking around and visited many hotels. Most discourage me to book with opened date cos very risky.

Actually considering GPP and the date I want is not available. :P

Now thinking whether to get new date or look for new hotel :sport-smiley-004:

what's opened date? why risky? :jawdrop: GPP wedding banquet prices are quite reasonable but it's a 4 star hotel.

you should list out all the hotels you want and get several auspicious dates so that you'll have more choices. :)

what's opened date? why risky? :sport-smiley-004: GPP wedding banquet prices are quite reasonable but it's a 4 star hotel.

you should list out all the hotels you want and get several auspicious dates so that you'll have more choices. :jawdrop:

Open date means I pay booking without definite date, the date will decide later.

Quite sad lor, actually got few dates but we only preferred two. Is unlucky to know these date was already booked. Will try to shortlist more venue.

Have u confirm yours? When?

Edited by cookie

Open date means I pay booking without definite date, the date will decide later.

Quite sad lor, actually got few dates but we only preferred two. Is unlucky to know these date was already booked. Now trying to shortlist more venue.

Have u confirm yours? When?

huh? you referred to confirm booking or tentative booking that need to pay? :sport-smiley-004:

usually, tentative booking doesn't need to make any payment except upon confirmation then need to pay a deposit. :jawdrop: btw, are you sure there isn't any date available? your AD is still more than 1 year away. :)

swissotel the stamford usually needs you to make a 4k or more deposit (depend on the numbers of tables you book). :P

i held mine at Carlton Hotel last oct '06. their services were really good :( my wife & i are really satisfied with the coordinator (Mr. Alan) and the manager (Mr. Jason). they are pro.... zz

best things to highlight :

- i got upgrade to a really big suite room by the coordinator. the suite room got 1 living hall, 1 dining hall, 1 bed room, 2 toilets and walkways etc.... almost as big as my house (5 rm unit).

- the next day after settling the bills on the actual day, i actually noticed i got a further discount of $100 per table. haha....

- i got almost 10 free dining vouchers to dine at their cafe. i used that to treat my kakis who support on my wedding.

- during the wedding dinner itself, this coordinator is really good. he will follow me all the way throughout like a bodyguard. so, whoever wants to play me (make me drink), he will usually protect me by asking me to go somewhere else.... then these people usually must give chance as they think there will be something more urgent for me to attend. haha.... :(

i held mine at Carlton Hotel last oct '06. their services were really good :( my wife & i are really satisfied with the coordinator (Mr. Alan) and the manager (Mr. Jason). they are pro.... :)

best things to highlight :

- i got upgrade to a really big suite room by the coordinator. the suite room got 1 living hall, 1 dining hall, 1 bed room, 2 toilets and walkways etc.... almost as big as my house (5 rm unit).

- the next day after settling the bills on the actual day, i actually noticed i got a further discount of $100 per table. haha....

- i got almost 10 free dining vouchers to dine at their cafe. i used that to treat my kakis who support on my wedding.

- during the wedding dinner itself, this coordinator is really good. he will follow me all the way throughout like a bodyguard. so, whoever wants to play me (make me drink), he will usually protect me by asking me to go somewhere else.... then these people usually must give chance as they think there will be something more urgent for me to attend. haha.... :(

we met mr jason at carlton before b'cos initially wanted to book carlton but later dropped the idea. we feel that mr jason is so-so only. the way he talked was very direct (like didn't think before he spoke). :(

we also viewed the suite at carlton but still cannot compare with swissotel the stamford bridal suite. zz

we met mr jason at carlton before b'cos initially wanted to book carlton but later dropped the idea. we feel that mr jason is so-so only. the way he talked was very direct (like didn't think before he spoke). :dancingqueen:

we also viewed the suite at carlton but still cannot compare with swissotel the stamford bridal suite. :dancingqueen:

Ehh korea, you can become spokesperson for swissotel liao lah...they shd pay you commission for actively promoting their hotel :dancingqueen:

Ehh korea, you can become spokesperson for swissotel liao lah...they shd pay you commission for actively promoting their hotel :unsure:

;) we went to the glamour bash organised by mediacorp at swissotel the stamford last sunday. there were lots of people, manz! daniel ong and jamie teo were the hosts for the event. :(

;) we went to the glamour bash organised by mediacorp at swissotel the stamford last sunday. there were lots of people, manz! daniel ong and jamie teo were the hosts for the event. :(

Hey Korea, I was there too... How come never see u?? :unsure:

Hey Korea, I was there too... How come never see u?? 8|

you never seen me b'cos i didn't wear a korean costume. :( nah, just joking lah. :notti:

btw, are you a female or male? :drunk:

did you book from STS? :D i bet you saw all the ballrooms deco liao lor. :)