Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookie

Best Hotels To Hold Wedding Banquet? Reasons Pls!

Hi guys, anyone been to wedding dinners at Meritus Mandarin in Orchard?

I had just signed up with them for my wedding dinner next year in February. Just wanna get some feedback. :sport-smiley-004:

Haven't attended wedding dinners there but had my D&D there this May. The main ballroom is very nice and very grand...service-wise ok, food can be improved cos was a bit cold when served...not sure if it's due to D&D menu, but you can feedback to your wedding coordinator :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone went to Rasa Sentosa to attend wedding before? Any feedback?

A friend had his wedding on the beach (siloso beach right?) in front of Rasa Sentosa. Held in the evening, beach wear/bermudas/sandals, military march in. Quite romantic. Lucky no rain, else jia lat.

Hi guys, anyone been to wedding dinners at Meritus Mandarin in Orchard?

I had just signed up with them for my wedding dinner next year in February. Just wanna get some feedback. :(

my hb had ever attended and he said there're pillars in the ballroom which block the stage. there should be several ballrooms so dont choose the ballroom with pillars lor. :lol:

attended my fren's at meritus mandarin early this yr

everything was good. nice ambience, nice food :(

would like to have my dinner there if not tof the cost :lol:

but 1 ting to note is that the traffic is always heavy there and thus there might be either car park limitations or traffic jams.

A friend had his wedding on the beach (siloso beach right?) in front of Rasa Sentosa. Held in the evening, beach wear/bermudas/sandals, military march in. Quite romantic. Lucky no rain, else jia lat.

how was the food and service? Wow..beach wedding, wont it be hot?

how was the food and service? Wow..beach wedding, wont it be hot?

Food was in buffet style and the spread was good. Layout was nice. They had tables and chairs set up as in a normal 10-course dinner, with games and songs, so all in all quite fun. Not hot cos held in the evening.

rasa sentosa isnt convenient (although there're sentosa shuttle bus etc) for those people who dont drive. my hb and i brought our doggie to sentosa last fri and saw rasa sentosa, it's quite deep inside. !!

Haven't attended wedding dinners there but had my D&D there this May. The main ballroom is very nice and very grand...service-wise ok, food can be improved cos was a bit cold when served...not sure if it's due to D&D menu, but you can feedback to your wedding coordinator :)

Hi Air, The main ballroom is really nice and grand like you had said. I was practically :jawdrop: over it when I 1st entered it. But thanks for your advise on the cold food, will confirm plus chop plus warranty feedback to my wedding coordinator. :)

my hb had ever attended and he said there're pillars in the ballroom which block the stage. there should be several ballrooms so dont choose the ballroom with pillars lor. :)

Hi Korea, I think I know which ballroom you are talking about. Is it the one next to the swimming pool? It is nice in a way, cause you can open up the glass doors to have direct access to the pool. Otherwise, you can just pull open the curtains for a 'wow' feeling. But we forgo that because of the pillars.

attended my fren's at meritus mandarin early this yr

everything was good. nice ambience, nice food :lol:

would like to have my dinner there if not tof the cost :lol:

but 1 ting to note is that the traffic is always heavy there and thus there might be either car park limitations or traffic jams.

Hi Fifi, actually, initially, Maritus Mandarin was not our 1st choice. We nearly signed the package with Grand Copt. However, before we were to sign the appointment with them, I accompanied a friend of mine to view the ballrooms and packages of Meritus Mandarin. That was how we changed to them instead. :P

As for the food, we had not been to the food tasting yet. We are still pondering whether we should go for it or not. What do you suggest? We are those very easy going folks. As long as the food don't turn out to be like what I had cooked during my Home Economics lessons in sch can liao. :rolleyes:

But you had mentioned that you would like to have your dinner there, if not for the pricing issit? Is it very expensive? The prices I had got are from their promotion I think. Anyway, ours is on a weekday cause that's the date we got after checking our bazi. Did not manage to get a weekend. :( But is 900 consider reasonable on a weekday? I seriously had zero idea about the rates of wedding packages. We both were busy checking out the ballrooms to really think properly. Hope we won't lose much. :yamseng:

But traffic wise, we both thought it was an excellent location leh. I mean, it is supposed to be near MRT and not very ulu mah. Of course, in town also = heavy traffic on working days. But, I guess, it is still better than Grand Copt because of the acessibility of the MRT. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it won't rain that day. :rofl:

Edited by katvolution

Hi Fifi, actually, initially, Maritus Mandarin was not our 1st choice. We nearly signed the package with Grand Copt. However, before we were to sign the appointment with them, I accompanied a friend of mine to view the ballrooms and packages of Meritus Mandarin. That was how we changed to them instead. :lol:

As for the food, we had not been to the food tasting yet. We are still pondering whether we should go for it or not. What do you suggest? We are those very easy going folks. As long as the food don't turn out to be like what I had cooked during my Home Economics lessons in sch can liao. :rolleyes:

But you had mentioned that you would like to have your dinner there, if not for the pricing issit? Is it very expensive? The prices I had got are from their promotion I think. Anyway, ours is on a weekday cause that's the date we got after checking our bazi. Did not manage to get a weekend. :P But is 900 consider reasonable on a weekday? I seriously had zero idea about the rates of wedding packages. We both were busy checking out the ballrooms to really think properly. Hope we won't lose much. :yamseng:

But traffic wise, we both thought it was an excellent location leh. I mean, it is supposed to be near MRT and not very ulu mah. Of course, in town also = heavy traffic on working days. But, I guess, it is still better than Grand Copt because of the acessibility of the MRT. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it won't rain that day. :lol:

at my time (which is the yr before last yr), the weekday package is 888+++

so after adding all those +++ it shd cost ard 900+ to 1000

another factor is coz we din intend to have soo many tables (coz the bigger the ballroom, my PIL will tend to invite more ppl!)

but for a hotel of that class, i tink the pricing is considered ok. it all depends on ur budget. coz we were looking at less than $900 per table. the lesser the better lah :rofl:

i tink at that time they're only giving dunno how many litres of beer free. we're oso looking for hotels dat has free flow of beer. coz a barrel of beer can amount to the cost of a table! :jawdrop:

oh! of course the location is not bad coz it's near to the mrt stn!

but it will be headache for those who drove there. we were glad that we did not drive there :(

btw, the dinner i attended is on a saturday. not sure abt the traffic on a weekday :)

Edited by Fifi

at my time (which is the yr before last yr), the weekday package is 888+++

so after adding all those +++ it shd cost ard 900+ to 1000

another factor is coz we din intend to have soo many tables (coz the bigger the ballroom, my PIL will tend to invite more ppl!)

but for a hotel of that class, i tink the pricing is considered ok. it all depends on ur budget. coz we were looking at less than $900 per table. the lesser the better lah :good:

i tink at that time they're only giving dunno how many litres of beer free. we're oso looking for hotels dat has free flow of beer. coz a barrel of beer can amount to the cost of a table! :P

oh! of course the location is not bad coz it's near to the mrt stn!

but it will be headache for those who drove there. we were glad that we did not drive there :notti:

btw, the dinner i attended is on a saturday. not sure abt the traffic on a weekday :notti:

That's a fast reply!!

To be frank, I can't really remember what is the XXX++ amount le. At that point of time, we only ask the wedding coordinator to give us the nett amount for each table. And the figure is roughly 900 plus.

On our side, we don't really have much tables. Just enough to hit the minimum requirement of the hotel. As for the beer hor, they are giving us free flow of beer leh. Somemore ar, there is no corkage for the red wines or hard liquor that we will be bringing in, except they must all be duty-paid lar. (Cannot sneak in those DFS purchases liao.) :sport-smiley-004:

I had tried to go town on a weekday by driving there straight after my work. Kaoz. The traffic is really scary lor. I remembered once I left my office at 6pm, and I took CTE. The traffic on CTE is still ok lor. But once I exit the Cairnhill exit, I nearly faint. The long stream of cars waiting to go town!! I spent a freaking 30-45mins before I reached the carpark near Liat Towers. And that was on a Monday lor! :notti:

I only have 1 worry. As I am holding my solemization ceremony just before the dinner, I am afraid that the ballroom will half emptied. Sigh. I am hoping my friends and relatives don't OT on that day and leave their office on the dot!! :P

I think hotels along orchard road all around that range....but katvolution, you already signed liao, so dun think so much as to whether it's reasonable or not....focus on your preps instead...:good:

That's a fast reply!!

To be frank, I can't really remember what is the XXX++ amount le. At that point of time, we only ask the wedding coordinator to give us the nett amount for each table. And the figure is roughly 900 plus.

On our side, we don't really have much tables. Just enough to hit the minimum requirement of the hotel. As for the beer hor, they are giving us free flow of beer leh. Somemore ar, there is no corkage for the red wines or hard liquor that we will be bringing in, except they must all be duty-paid lar. (Cannot sneak in those DFS purchases liao.) :P

I had tried to go town on a weekday by driving there straight after my work. Kaoz. The traffic is really scary lor. I remembered once I left my office at 6pm, and I took CTE. The traffic on CTE is still ok lor. But once I exit the Cairnhill exit, I nearly faint. The long stream of cars waiting to go town!! I spent a freaking 30-45mins before I reached the carpark near Liat Towers. And that was on a Monday lor! :sport-smiley-004:

I only have 1 worry. As I am holding my solemization ceremony just before the dinner, I am afraid that the ballroom will half emptied. Sigh. I am hoping my friends and relatives don't OT on that day and leave their office on the dot!! :P

Actually duno whether can cham siong with the banquet mgr to bring in duty free wines or not....for my case, i can bring in hard liquor but must be duty paid ones....planning to ask my banquet mgr if can chin chai a bit...

You intend to have the whole ballroom witness your solemnization? Usually many couples hold their solemnization before the dinner with only close friends and relatives around...

I think hotels along orchard road all around that range....but katvolution, you already signed liao, so dun think so much as to whether it's reasonable or not....focus on your preps instead...:notti:

Actually duno whether can cham siong with the banquet mgr to bring in duty free wines or not....for my case, i can bring in hard liquor but must be duty paid ones....planning to ask my banquet mgr if can chin chai a bit...

Air, dun tink can

coz i heard from my coordinators that it is quite hard for them to get the license.

if they are found letting customers serve duty free liquor, their license might be revoked.

nevertheless, u can try lah

mayb miracle happens :good:

That's a fast reply!!

On our side, we don't really have much tables. Just enough to hit the minimum requirement of the hotel. As for the beer hor, they are giving us free flow of beer leh. Somemore ar, there is no corkage for the red wines or hard liquor that we will be bringing in, except they must all be duty-paid lar. (Cannot sneak in those DFS purchases liao.) :sport-smiley-004:

since free flow of beer then ok mah

for us, there wasnt any promotions so imagine the cost of the beer if we exceed the given amt... :P

i cant rem the smaller ballroom minimum number... but i know the nicer and bigger one requires min 45 tables rite?

we were only looking at at most 30+ tables :notti: (luckily!)

the ballroom not bad. my fren's dinner did not take up the entire ballroom and the spaces behind is good for taking photos! :notti:

hope u have a memorable dinner!! :P

Air, dun tink can

coz i heard from my coordinators that it is quite hard for them to get the license.

if they are found letting customers serve duty free liquor, their license might be revoked.

mayb miracle happens :sport-smiley-004:

for us, there wasnt any promotions so imagine the cost of the beer if we exceed the given amt... :P

i cant rem the smaller ballroom minimum number... but i know the nicer and bigger one requires min 45 tables rite?

we were only looking at at most 30+ tables :good: (luckily!)

the ballroom not bad. my fren's dinner did not take up the entire ballroom and the spaces behind is good for taking photos! :notti:

hope u have a memorable dinner!! :P

Haiz...shucks...that's what i suspect leh...hope that day my banquet mgr can close one eye...:notti:

Ya meritus grand ballroom can accomodate quite a number of tables....we had about 50+ tables for our D & D and the ballroom still looks very spacious.....not bad....i quite like the ballroom and its chandeliers....very grand..

I think hotels along orchard road all around that range....but katvolution, you already signed liao, so dun think so much as to whether it's reasonable or not....focus on your preps instead...:)

You intend to have the whole ballroom witness your solemnization? Usually many couples hold their solemnization before the dinner with only close friends and relatives around...

I know that's the regular practice. But I think if hold separately, the wedding coordinator said that it wud be rather rush. I also dun know leh. Sigh. They said, somemore, it's on a weekday, how to get your relatives to come earlier? Not all my friends can take leave on that day leh. So sian. :(

Air, dun tink can

mayb miracle happens :good:

for us, there wasnt any promotions so imagine the cost of the beer if we exceed the given amt... :bleah:

we were only looking at at most 30+ tables :P (luckily!)

the ballroom not bad. my fren's dinner did not take up the entire ballroom and the spaces behind is good for taking photos! :P

hope u have a memorable dinner!! :bleah:

But again, how do they differentiate whether the wines or liquor are duty paid or duty free? I don't see any stickers on indications on the bottles leh. :notti:

I know that's the regular practice. But I think if hold separately, the wedding coordinator said that it wud be rather rush. I also dun know leh. Sigh. They said, somemore, it's on a weekday, how to get your relatives to come earlier? Not all my friends can take leave on that day leh. So sian. :bleah:

But again, how do they differentiate whether the wines or liquor are duty paid or duty free? I don't see any stickers on indications on the bottles leh. :bleah:

Ya i remembered seeing the DFS sticker or embossed on the bottle cap....can't rem...go home check...