Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookie

Best Hotels To Hold Wedding Banquet? Reasons Pls!

Hmm....i have the same sentiments as you had too. I kept doubting that we are the ones for each other. The thought of marriage scares me now. Signing on the dotted line is like signing my life away. Now i think of him, I have the very sian feeling. Can't imagine facing him everyday in future. :sport-smiley-018:

Hmm, try to stop seeing each other for a few days, and see if you miss him. My bet is you will! So deep in your heart, you do love him and want him to take care of you forever. But becoz of the daily work and wedding preparation stress, we may forget to count our blessings and focus only on negative side or think others are better than us. But the truth is, every couple has their own tears and laughter, we must learn to be content and appreciate our partners, just the way they are. :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ask Gladys abt the burning alaska.. they increase to $50 liao :(

Within few mths they can increase from $30 -> $40 -> $50 ??

:) wow, the price of burning alaska increases again! very ex, manz! :unsure: probably, we'll just order a few pieces just for our families. :sport-smiley-018:

All themes look nice to me.. I like the Black and red theme, my girl like another dunno call what themes displayed in Collyer rm :deal:

the black and red theme is called scarlet dream. we like the glitzy affairs theme at stamford ballroom. simply like the crystals deco. :(

:( wow, the price of burning alaska increases again! very ex, manz! :unsure: probably, we'll just order a few pieces just for our families. :sport-smiley-018:

the black and red theme is called scarlet dream. we like the glitzy affairs theme at stamford ballroom. simply like the crystals deco. :deal:

Hi Korea, you booked your AD with swissotel?? Could you share with me their package?? Im also interested in them.. :)

Hi Korea, you booked your AD with swissotel?? Could you share with me their package?? Im also interested in them.. :huh:

you can call swissotel the stamford and ask them to email you the packages. :( last sun, you should attend the glamour bash mah. :wacko:

EPL, i will be having my wedding dinner at Carlton next year. glad to hear you enjoyed ur wedding day and the experiences at Carlton Hotel . my cooridinator is Jason too. i was not served by him initially but i was really unhappy with his superior ( a lady over there) that i insist for Jason. lol. hope we will enjoy ours too on our big day.

ps: i have seen the way they prepare for the wedding dinner at the ballroom. quite professional and jason was really busy overseeing every details his staff did! so that means i can rest assured by his services too!

i held mine at Carlton Hotel last oct '06. their services were really good :) my wife & i are really satisfied with the coordinator (Mr. Alan) and the manager (Mr. Jason). they are pro.... :good:

best things to highlight :

- i got upgrade to a really big suite room by the coordinator. the suite room got 1 living hall, 1 dining hall, 1 bed room, 2 toilets and walkways etc.... almost as big as my house (5 rm unit).

- the next day after settling the bills on the actual day, i actually noticed i got a further discount of $100 per table. haha....

- i got almost 10 free dining vouchers to dine at their cafe. i used that to treat my kakis who support on my wedding.

- during the wedding dinner itself, this coordinator is really good. he will follow me all the way throughout like a bodyguard. so, whoever wants to play me (make me drink), he will usually protect me by asking me to go somewhere else.... then these people usually must give chance as they think there will be something more urgent for me to attend. haha.... :)

no different leh. still as old. i guess they just renovated a bit and not everything. :(

i can say hilton wedding packages are the cheapest among the 5 star hotels. weekends packages from $800-$900 plus only. :)

ya.this one i agree that Hilton is the cheapest among the 5 star hotels! almost really sign with them but then give it up due to pressure from them. the really minus thing is the limited in carpark and i love their grand ballroom alot! minus the big pillars in there!

Edited by elaine1205

EPL, i will be having my wedding dinner at Carlton next year. glad to hear you enjoyed ur wedding day and the experiences at Carlton Hotel . my cooridinator is Jason too. i was not served by him initially but i was really unhappy with his superior ( a lady over there) that i insist for Jason. lol. hope we will enjoy ours too on our big day.

ps: i have seen the way they prepare for the wedding dinner at the ballroom. quite professional and jason was really busy overseeing every details his staff did! so that means i can rest assured by his services too!

ya.this one i agree that Hilton is the cheapest among the 5 star hotels! almost really sign with them but then give it up due to pressure from them. the really minus thing is the limited in carpark and i love their grand ballroom alot! minus the big pillars in there!

our ROM was held at carlton hotel. that time during our ROM and a lady called lena co-ordinated with us but she had left liao. initially, we wanted to hold our AD at carlton hotel since our ROM was held there. we also met up with jason. frankly speaking, we find that jason's service is so-so. the way he speaks is very direct, manz. therefore, we don't really like it. :)

eventually, we chosen swissotel the stamford. a 5 star hotel and location is more convenient (city hall mrt is just next to it) than carlton hotel. moreover, swissotel the stamford service is much much better than carlton hotel. :good:

i can say that hilton hotel service is also not bad but just that the hotel is very old. :)

yeah, Jason is very direct so that might put pple turn off. he give me an impression that he will get straight to business which my SO like and he also very direct with Jason too. i tok to his superior ( Name start with RXXX , if nt wrong) . if want to see her level of customer service , is really bad.

swissotel and carlton are different star hotel , can see the level of customer services there. and 4 star hotel are more flexible than 5 stars hotel. 5 star customer service more professional ( in my opinion) i see that in the 4 stars and 5 stars hotel we went last time.

our ROM was held at carlton hotel. that time during our ROM and a lady called lena co-ordinated with us but she had left liao. initially, we wanted to hold our AD at carlton hotel since our ROM was held there. we also met up with jason. frankly speaking, we find that jason's service is so-so. the way he speaks is very direct, manz. therefore, we don't really like it. :)

eventually, we chosen swissotel the stamford. a 5 star hotel and location is more convenient (city hall mrt is just next to it) than carlton hotel. moreover, swissotel the stamford service is much much better than carlton hotel. :good:

i can say that hilton hotel service is also not bad but just that the hotel is very old. :)

yeah, Jason is very direct so that might put pple turn off. he give me an impression that he will get straight to business which my SO like and he also very direct with Jason too. i tok to his superior ( Name start with RXXX , if nt wrong) . if want to see her level of customer service , is really bad.

swissotel and carlton are different star hotel , can see the level of customer services there. and 4 star hotel are more flexible than 5 stars hotel. 5 star customer service more professional ( in my opinion) i see that in the 4 stars and 5 stars hotel we went last time.

after all, this is customer service relation matter therefore jason must not be too direct in the way he speaks. :) he's also a very realistic person. after we told him that we aren't going to sign up with carlton hotel and his attitude changed immediately, more worst! :( whereas hilton hotel isn't like that. we also told hilton hotel that we aren't going to sign up with them and the co-ordinator (her name is rachel) was still very polite. :) holiday inn parkview is the best! the co-ordinator even treated us free lunch buffet when we met up with her. :good:

oic! thats quite bad. i dealt with Rachel (very nice and accomodating lady )at Hilton ,then her superior, Judy( nice to talk to). she said want me to make fast decision as got another couple pressure her to make us give up the AD date. so in the end, i told Judy that i dun want to take up lor. no point of making haste decision when i given such a short time frame to think of it..

HIPV is the one at orchard road is it? i went to the HIA( the one near Great world city). okay la, we met up with the director of catering, malcom. the deal he given us is realy very attractive but then we dont like the ballroom and the location , so didnt take up in the end...

after all, this is customer service relation matter therefore jason must not be too direct in the way he speaks. :dancingqueen: he's also a very realistic person. after we told him that we aren't going to sign up with carlton hotel and his attitude changed immediately, more worst! :P whereas hilton hotel isn't like that. we also told hilton hotel that we aren't going to sign up with them and the co-ordinator (her name is rachel) was still very polite. :notti: holiday inn parkview is the best! the co-ordinator even treated us free lunch buffet when we met up with her. :D

oic! thats quite bad. i dealt with Rachel (very nice and accomodating lady )at Hilton ,then her superior, Judy( nice to talk to). she said want me to make fast decision as got another couple pressure her to make us give up the AD date. so in the end, i told Judy that i dun want to take up lor. no point of making haste decision when i given such a short time frame to think of it..

HIPV is the one at orchard road is it? i went to the HIA( the one near Great world city). okay la, we met up with the director of catering, malcom. the deal he given us is realy very attractive but then we dont like the ballroom and the location , so didnt take up in the end...

ya, the one at orchard road. :dancingqueen:

grand hyatt is the worst! :notti:

Find that on average, hotel price per table is about $3-400 higher than restaurant and their food is not necessary better. Furthermore, most popular hotels are located in busy shopping areas which make parking for your guest a nightmare. This means that it is almost impossible to start the dinner on time.

Besides the "free" hotel stay, what are the benefits of holding in hotel over restaurant?

We think that good food is important and find that Peony Jade at Clark Quay is pretty cosy. Anybody held their Big Day there? Furthermore, there is also a complimentary stay at either Merchant Court or Conrad thrown in.

Any other restaurant recommendations?

Find that on average, hotel price per table is about $3-400 higher than restaurant and their food is not necessary better. Furthermore, most popular hotels are located in busy shopping areas which make parking for your guest a nightmare. This means that it is almost impossible to start the dinner on time.

Besides the "free" hotel stay, what are the benefits of holding in hotel over restaurant?

We think that good food is important and find that Peony Jade at Clark Quay is pretty cosy. Anybody held their Big Day there? Furthermore, there is also a complimentary stay at either Merchant Court or Conrad thrown in.

the benefits of holding in a hotel are more class and service is better. :sport-smiley-004:

there's a restaurant at harbourfront called 龙门 (don't know spell correctly a not). :P

the benefits of holding in a hotel are more class and service is better. :sport-smiley-004:

there's a restaurant at harbourfront called 龙门 (don't know spell correctly a not). :P

Dragon Gate was one of the venue we shortlisted for our wedding banquet. The package is good and cheap with many things thrown in. We like the smaller ballroom at lobby D. However some people may not like the place as it is rather cheena. I also noticed that the dummy wedding cake is mouldy...quite gross!

Eventually, we setlled for Furama Riverfront Hotel due to the good reviews from the sgbrides forum. So far, we are very happy with the coordinator's service and the size of the ballroom. Our parents are also happy with our choice!

Noble House? Club Chinois? Any of the Tung Lok restaurants should be good. Or Sichuan Dou Hua chain.

Noble House? Club Chinois? Any of the Tung Lok restaurants should be good. Or Sichuan Dou Hua chain.

i guess tung lok should be better b'cos at least more well-known. :P