Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kcwee

Information From A Feng Shui Website

The point of the video is really about the 3 latecomers who joined the choir momentarily before the stage collapsed.

Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It is alright if you don't believe in 命 but more in 风水.

I was questioning the degree of 风水 influence on a 命 but Ivy reminded me that the reason I thought the influence is vey marginal because I have not witnessed the magic or power of a 风水 application. To which I replied 也是 which means "that is true"!

And therefore the appeal for 风水 success stories?

Cheers!

Historically, it started with 三柱命理, I think by 李虚中.

Then 子平 came along and improved it to 四柱八字 which is still commonly used today after hundreds of years.

(Bepgof could write about this history better than me.)

Today, there is 五柱十子 etc; how could there not be in this era of supercomputers? The twin conundrum is being addressed by these improvements; what is lacking I think is enough empirical evidence to prove or disprove the improved methods.

(Having said so, I have written before that I have never consulted 八字.)

However.

Historically, the Imperial Court used 紫微 rather than 八字. 紫微 of course is astrology and like a lot of forbidden things then it was exclusively used for the Imperial Court. It was the collapse of Qing Dynasty that allowed KMT to get hold of the 紫微 literature kept within the Forbidden City.

There is a side story about 紫微 but it is not within the context written.

Cheers!

Allow my little brain to 'think out of the box'.

The main issue concerns each defines 命 differently, that results in various arguments.

- If 命 is pre-determined (eg, allowed only live within 如来's 五指山). 命 is a set, FS is only a 'sub-set' within this set. So FS would direct one to live in either one of the 'finger mountain'. This 'finger mountain' perhaps is 'better' than other finger mountains, that's all. FS still applies. The biggest question is WHO determine ones' 命 ?.under this context of definition. The Chinese always say it is the '天', some say it is 'God'. They refer to the same thing, to me. Only the 'description' differs.

- If 命 is not pre-determined (as the saying goes 人定胜天), then FS also makes sense to exist, as a tool directs towards a better life. However, do forget one fundamental thing - who governs these rules of natures? Why must a human being, live in the planet 'follow' these rules? These rules are 'setup' by chances ? I'm not talking about the human rules, the cultures....,etc

- Even achieved a better life, so what? From dust will be returned to dust, why chase after the wind?. With much wisdom comes much sorrow . The eternity is the most concern.

Allow my little brain to 'think out of the box'.

The main issue concerns each defines 命 differently, that results in various arguments.

- If 命 is pre-determined (eg, allowed only live within 如来's 五指山). 命 is a set, FS is only a 'sub-set' within this set. So FS would direct one to live in either one of the 'finger mountain'. This 'finger mountain' perhaps is 'better' than other finger mountains, that's all. FS still applies. The biggest question is WHO determine ones' 命 ?.under this context of definition. The Chinese always say it is the '天', some say it is 'God'. They refer to the same thing, to me. Only the 'description' differs.

- If 命 is not pre-determined (as the saying goes 人定胜天), then FS also makes sense to exist, as a tool directs towards a better life. However, do forget one fundamental thing - who governs these rules of natures? Why must a human being, live in the planet 'follow' these rules? These rules are 'setup' by chances ? I'm not talking about the human rules, the cultures....,etc

- Even achieved a better life, so what? From dust will be returned to dust, why chase after the wind?. With much wisdom comes much sorrow . The eternity is the most concern.

是.

So, what is the definition of 命? If we read 命理 articles, from books or these published online, there are many descriptions of what is 命.

Regardless of each description, the more relevant question is that whether 命 is a process or an event?

命 is translated as destiny; but in English, destiny is more about an event. So we have destination, which derived from the word destiny. And in English there is the word journey, a process to reach a destination. In translating 命 as destiny, over here it is commonly taken that 命 is an event.

不然.

I think that in Chinese, 命 is more of a process. What is happening is when one gets through every little steps in the process, the particular event would happen. The emphasis is on the process rather than the event.

And 风水 is the tool (to borrow Bepgof's) to change the little steps in the process, to skew the direction towards a better event. How much a 风水 application is able to skew, it depends how how far the process has already taken place.

所以呢, having addred wings to 易经, Confucius said 五十而知天命; too far gone in the process liao.

Just my 2-cents thought.

Cheers!

Am sure 99% of ppls define 'Ming' as the summation of processes that ones encounter, since birth till return to dust.

Some writers here have commented that BZ/ZWDS.....etc are very 'chun' methodologies that 'see' one's past, present & future processes.

The fundamental fore-assumption of these methodologies is; 'ming',or all the processes, is written in 3,4,5...n 'pillars',or simply put: formula of ming is in the D.O.B . What do you think?

Believed no one would dispute that all the processes are results of ones' decision makings cum uncontrollable 'things' (we call environment)happen at that point of time during a single event.

Mathematically expressed: single event = one's decision makings (free will ?)+ environment (planned?).

That single event would trigger another decision makings and processes, so on and so forth.

Worth mentioning is there always multiples events happen at same time/period that impulse ones to make decisions and actions, whether or not to understand/consider the impacts of the environment.

We all know that decision makings and actions are result of one's competency (knowledge, skills, experience) and ones' consideration of external influences (or pressures from society, human, PESTEL....,etc ). These external influences are very dynamic and changing all the time.

I write so much just wish to cast some thinking:

1. What has DOB to do with the external environment/influences? As these environment/influences dictate our 'ming' processes.

2. What has DOB to do with the competency that build over time? As competency decides our decision making model.

3. Childhood moulds, one way or another, the adulthoods' 'ming' processes. Most decision makings during childhood depend on parents or grandparents' hands. What has DOB to do with the parents or grandparents' decision makings?

What do you think?

Edited by bepgof

好.

The question of who governs the rules of FS has been raised a number of times, so let try to address this first. After which we discuss DOB.

我以为, it is straightforward.

Let us take another rule of nature to illustrate; Newton Law. When we speak of the law of gravitation, it is immediately clear that it is not as the result of Issac Newton's definition of the gravitational law that made the apple fell the way it did. Newton observed the nature of apples falling from a tree and discovered gravity.

Same in the case of FS. People observed the nature, and discovered that for example this kind of land formation had that kind of influence etc and came up with a set of FS theory. And according to FS, nature would operate and exert the same influence given similar kind of land formation, everytime everywhere. Not because of a set of FS theory, but because nature is nature.

I am not saying that everything in the FS theory is true (or as true as the law of gravity). Moreover, some people look at a same land formation for example and see different things.

Like, 冲未必是煞 (actually I like this phrase).

Cheers!

in conclusion ...please work hard and smart in your life.

Shutdown this forum - so that there will be lesser believer in FS and make everyone work hard. LOL

Well said.

Perhaps due to my postings, many has said I'm not a FS believer, on contrary. I firmly acknowledged the significance impact of law of nature on one's 'ming'.

Understanding and putting these into daily life (blend) help to go to a 'better finger mountain'.

I don't deny there are other sets of laws (actual not laws, should call rules - created by human and is subjective) of games that dictate one's 'ming'. Like politics, technology, cultures, legal, finance,........., etc, however, these rules are often 'subjective, not absolute' and I don't regard these as FS. I shall call these as human-rules. W/o saying,understanding and 'blending well' with such rules are equally important as to 'ming'. Supernatural forces otherwise.

What has DOB got to do with these?

Like, 冲未必是煞 (actually I like this phrase).

Cheers!

Wah lau .......Lauer......read something must read full........read part and don't the the story behind, siao liao.....

There is a proper text " 冲起乐宫无价宝“. In this text it explain ONLY in what situation can this be applied. Mai siao siao, luan lai hai si lang.

I am not saying that everything in the FS theory is true (or as true as the law of gravity). Moreover, some people look at a same land formation for example and see different things.

Wah seh.....machiam you went through so much experience that you can conclude. Mai lei.....leave some room lei. First must find out which theory is true or fake tio bo? Then like what you say.....even a person got the true theory on hand, he can see things with cock eyes mah.........until everyone people say it is wrong......the conclude la.....sime si?

Cho lang ai humble.....mai ke kiang......If I expert until I can write 子平,三命, then I refute and prove it wrong.......like that then champion........down here wu eh bo eh.....just talk with that little knowledge.....会笑掉林伯的牙

in conclusion ...please work hard and smart in your life.

Shutdown this forum - so that there will be lesser believer in FS and make everyone work hard. LOL

Hey!

Got story to share bo?

No, the conclusion should be:

In this forum, 懂的不说, 不懂的 (like me) 鬼话连篇.

Cheers!

Wah seh.....machiam you went through so much experience that you can conclude. Mai lei.....leave some room lei. First must find out which theory is true or fake tio bo? Then like what you say.....even a person got the true theory on hand, he can see things with cock eyes mah.........until everyone people say it is wrong......the conclude la.....sime si?

Hey!

老大你老人家出来啦?

Cheers!

Wah lau .......Lauer......read something must read full........read part and don't the the story behind, siao liao.....

There is a proper text " 冲起乐宫无价宝. In this text it explain ONLY in what situation can this be applied. Mai siao siao, luan lai hai si lang.

It was written tongue in cheek mah?

Cheers!