Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I want an apron front sink, and the Amazon one with shipping costs more than USD$1k. I saw one that looked similar in Taobao, might go for that.

Also very tempted to get a wooden bathtub from Taobao. It is indeed a black hole :o

U can consider Hafele stainless steel sink, they have a showroom at Kaki Bukit. It's german made. I bought the 570mm (L) x 220mm (D) sink from universal union @ SGD 280 self-collect, delivery could be arranged at additional SGD $30.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Any updates, on the reno? :)

For mine, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...almost! Lol. Carpentry has finally been completed. (Not entirely up to expectations and still pending some fixes tho)

Next up (in order):

- Plumber (3rd round)

- Electrician (3rd round)

- Flooring (parquet revarnish)

- Glassworks (2nd round)

- Painting (touch-ups)

And then it'll be done. Estimating completion to be around end of July thereabouts. :)

Edited by MsBunny

MsBunny, roughly how much for your platform bed?

I like the platform bed with storage very much, cos due to our small space, the way to maximise is looking at vertical instead of horizontal... yet worried about: dust in between and later getting old got bad knees will have difficulty getting up from bed... lol

For mine, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...almost! Lol. Carpentry has finally been completed. (Not entirely up to expectations and still pending some fixes tho)

Next up (in order):

- Plumber (3rd round)

- Electrician (3rd round)

- Flooring (parquet revarnish)

- Glassworks (2nd round)

- Painting (touch-ups)

And then it'll be done. Estimating completion to be around end of July thereabouts. :)

Nice!!

Mine..more hiccups..

Fridge came...fell flat on my floor

Washing Machine came...Hose can't be used

TV....Screw rounded (Best part...last unit available, had to go down and choose another model)

Well....will update next fri or sat...everything will be in except for furniture

@mmoh

The platform is 3.35k... My original quote was 2.9k for all top-open storage but the price went up when my hands (+ brain) got itchy and came up with this design (2 rows of top-open and 1 row of front-open). It's quite big though - it's about the size of 2 queen sized mattresses side by side.

I'm actually more worried about household pests hiding within the finger grooves so I'll be vacuuming it weekly for sure lol.

Nice!!

Mine..more hiccups..

Fridge came...fell flat on my floor

Washing Machine came...Hose can't be used

TV....Screw rounded (Best part...last unit available, had to go down and choose another model)

Well....will update next fri or sat...everything will be in except for furniture

GEH! Any damage to the floor or the fridge!?

I've a new hiccup to 'report' too lol. One of the kitchen wall tiles next to my kitchen cabinet just cracked (no idea why). ID is going to remove the counter top and then get the tilers to replace that 1 cracked piece. :(

Btw, what brand of TV dya get? I'm researching TVs at the moment hahaha.

u know the weight of a queen size mattress. how r u going to move your mattress around if you need to access the storage right beneath?

@mmoh
The platform is 3.35k... My original quote was 2.9k for all top-open storage but the price went up when my hands (+ brain) got itchy and came up with this design (2 rows of top-open and 1 row of front-open). It's quite big though - it's about the size of 2 queen sized mattresses side by side.

I'm actually more worried about household pests hiding within the finger grooves so I'll be vacuuming it weekly for sure lol.

@mmoh

GEH! Any damage to the floor or the fridge!?

I've a new hiccup to 'report' too lol. One of the kitchen wall tiles next to my kitchen cabinet just cracked (no idea why). ID is going to remove the counter top and then get the tilers to replace that 1 cracked piece. :(

Btw, what brand of TV dya get? I'm researching TVs at the moment hahaha.

Surprisingly...there wasn't any dink on the floor.

The fridge was.....dented on the rear panel where the PCB is.

I got a Samsung. It's a 40" with the digital crap..blah blah...

u know the weight of a queen size mattress. how r u going to move your mattress around if you need to access the storage right beneath?

I got a 9" one so I should (hopefully) be able to flip it up sideways to lean against the wall etc. I only intend to put stuff that I'll hardly get to anyways... Like my winter wear and maybe spare towels/pillows/sheets etc. Things that I'll only look thru on a yearly basis lol. (I have a lot of winter wear for someone living in a country with tropical weather, surprisingly!)

@varying

Luckily it's at the back... As long as it works then I guess still as good as new. :)

I got a 9" one so I should (hopefully) be able to flip it up sideways to lean against the wall etc. I only intend to put stuff that I'll hardly get to anyways... Like my winter wear and maybe spare towels/pillows/sheets etc. Things that I'll only look thru on a yearly basis lol. (I have a lot of winter wear for someone living in a country with tropical weather, surprisingly!)

@varying

Luckily it's at the back... As long as it works then I guess still as good as new. :)

Errm...the fridge was rejected.....they r sending a new one this sat

Errm...the fridge was rejected.....they r sending a new one this sat

Ohhh! Was it the delivery guys' fault!?

If you can get a new one, then even better! Haha. That's great news. :D

Wahhhh... How can they drop a fridge?!?!

Also looking at the TV, so many choices!

Has anyone gone to Ikea? I went there a week ago. They have this oven, hob and hood combo, going for like $1k. It looks like a pretty good offer, but I dunno if the hob and hood that comes with it is good or not.

I went ikea about a month back and walk until leg aching... lol.

Wanted to get shoe cabinet but didnt find anything suitable. at the end ordered from fortytwo.com

do not intend to get a hood cos little cooking, i predict. :x

Kyooko, you still have a long wait leh, dont get any electronic items so fast. their price drop fast so you will be able to get a better deal by the time you really need it.