Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Guys!

Latest update...flooring is done!!

Next update will be few weeks later.

Tell your ID to send you photo updates lah!

Seeing varying's floor tempts me to do vinyl or laminate for mine, instead of just revarnishing the parquet (I don't like the colour)... :(

Hi All, I'm so happy to see this topic. Am a 2 roomer too!

I'm very lucky in the BTO exercise. Applied Sep 2013 and booked my unit Jan 2014. Very lucky as my Q number is 315 and there's only 260+ units. That's mean at least 50 ahead of me must gave up their chances so I could have a unit. Even so, I will be left with low floors and "unwanted" units. But! I managed to get 15th floor (highest) and my second choice unit. :sport-smiley-018:

Ever since then I have been reading this forum faithfully but I stopped as I couldn't see any 2 roomer here. Recently while I google for "2 rooms BTO design" I saw this!!!

My block is now builidng till 13th floor and I can soon see my 15th floor. Hopefully I can get my keys Q2 2016. POD is Q2 2017 but I'm told normally will be 6-12 months earlier.

I have in mind how my reno will looks like and I definitely going to seal the toilet entrance at the kitchen for sure!

Welcome Coolbunny! Now we have 2 bunnies! :dancingqueen:

U got the unit in the same BTO batch as me! which is the 2nd batch open to Singles. :good:

Have you gotten quotes yet?

Anyone have idea if we can put the storage heater in the air con ledge?

Sorry not sure. Plan for instant heater so... :bleah:

But I guess the reason why pple install storage heater on top due to water pressure?

Edited by mmoh

Hi mmoh, thanks for the welcome. :)

Yes! Got it on second batch. We are lucky bunnies!

No leh, haven't got any quotes cos don't know when take keys. Btw, any idea how many months in advance HDB will inform before actual key collection? I was thinking by that time then go source for quote. Seriously, I don't know which ID firm will take up such "small" project.

Heard of the famous contractor Mr K and Alan? Those 2 are on my list but heard Mr K not cheap lah. My budget max 20k and I think it's quite high for a 2 room flat liao.

Alan from which company? Ya, heard Mr K is ID rate.

I am going to contractors. Approach the J & E team and J dont reply to sms and E replied saying they only quote after seeing the actual unit.

$20k quite high budget liao, if solely for reno. Mine is $20k all in :x

So far my contractors quotes are around $15k but may + or - after seeing the actual unit.

Alan is contractor also. Alan Tan – Aian Funiture & Renovation Contractor.

Ya, 20k is soley for reno only. I read some 4 room less than 20k so I'm hoping 15k+ can do the job.

May I know your 15k include what reno?

Btw, JTS. If got 15mins spare take a look at below video taken from Property Sense CNA interviewing a single lady owning a 2 room BTO. I like how she did the toilet. Seal up one door and have a separate dry and wet area. Same concept I have in mind.

http://video.toggle.sg/en/series/property-ense/ep1/309700

Alan is contractor also. Alan Tan – Aian Funiture & Renovation Contractor.

Ya, 20k is soley for reno only. I read some 4 room less than 20k so I'm hoping 15k+ can do the job.

May I know your 15k include what reno?

Btw, JTS. If got 15mins spare take a look at below video taken from Property Sense CNA interviewing a single lady owning a 2 room BTO. I like how she did the toilet. Seal up one door and have a separate dry and wet area. Same concept I have in mind.

http://video.toggle.sg/en/series/property-ense/ep1/309700

Vinyl flooring, kitchen top and bottom cabinets, MBR wardrobe, full height shoe cabinet, bay window w storage and L shape shower screen for bathroom.

If you scroll to previous page, u can see my floor plan. Dont think I can the luxury of her shower screen. Seems her bathroom quite big. I will be happy with a L-shaped shower screen.

Care to share your floor plan?

Thanks for sharing that video. My 1st thought... Lisa Ang looks so old! and why the videographer keep taking her from a lower angle? :x

Edited by mmoh

New to this forum. So glad there's something for 2-roomers.

Also glad I am not the only one bothered by the layout of the 2-room bathroom. Going for a home design talk organised by HDB at end of this month. Would try to seek advice on how to re-configure the bathroom layout then.

The bathroom in Property Sense looks very posh although I am not into the design aesthetics of the rest of the house. I do really like the design of a house at Apartment Therapy (http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jacksons-ipad-pad-small-cool-219788).

Hi 2Roomer & coolbunny! :D

Welcome to the club~! Our little 2-room Renotalk community is growing nicely haha.

@kyooko

Never heard of anyone putting a storage heater in the aircon ledge. Would it be safe to expose it to the elements like that?

@coolbunny

My budget for my resale reno initially was 15k. After the initial round of quotes, I adjusted it to 20k... Come to final quote, it was 25k. And with VO and electrical, it has now gone over the 30k mark. I've gone into serious deficit! But everyone says reno for bto is cheaper, so you guys are so lucky! (I couldn't handle the wait)

@2Roomer

Cool apartment in that link you showed us! I like the pop of colour for the dining area - gives it more space definition between that and the living and TV area. Not a big fan of the dark kitchen though. Very man cave-like hahaha.

Edited by MsBunny