Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks for sharing that video. My 1st thought... Lisa Ang looks so old! and why the videographer keep taking her from a lower angle? :x

LOL! I had similar thoughts about the terrible angle! Good thing she's slim - that kinda angle flatters absolutely no one haha.

Personally tho, I think she's very well-maintained for her age... She's already in her 40s with 2 kids, so she has actually aged pretty gracefully. I certainly wouldn't mind looking like that when I'm her age. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Vinyl flooring, kitchen top and bottom cabinets, MBR wardrobe, full height shoe cabinet, bay window w storage and L shape shower screen for bathroom.

If you scroll to previous page, u can see my floor plan. Dont think I can the luxury of her shower screen. Seems her bathroom quite big. I will be happy with a L-shaped shower screen.

Care to share your floor plan?

Thanks for sharing that video. My 1st thought... Lisa Ang looks so old! and why the videographer keep taking her from a lower angle? :x

Ok, then my 15k budget should do. Was thinking 30k for all (reno + furniture + electrical applicances).

I tried to upload my FP last night but how to upload pdf file huh?

New to this forum. So glad there's something for 2-roomers.

Also glad I am not the only one bothered by the layout of the 2-room bathroom. Going for a home design talk organised by HDB at end of this month. Would try to seek advice on how to re-configure the bathroom layout then.

The bathroom in Property Sense looks very posh although I am not into the design aesthetics of the rest of the house. I do really like the design of a house at Apartment Therapy (http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jacksons-ipad-pad-small-cool-219788).

Hello 2Roomer! Since like our "union" getting bigger.

Home design talk? Where can I find more info? HDB website?

Thanks for sharing! I like how the living room looks! Actually, my concern is bedroom whether I have enough space for queen size bed with a big wardrobe.....

New to this forum. So glad there's something for 2-roomers.

Also glad I am not the only one bothered by the layout of the 2-room bathroom. Going for a home design talk organised by HDB at end of this month. Would try to seek advice on how to re-configure the bathroom layout then.

The bathroom in Property Sense looks very posh although I am not into the design aesthetics of the rest of the house. I do really like the design of a house at Apartment Therapy (http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jacksons-ipad-pad-small-cool-219788).

Welcome 2Roomer! :dancingqueen:

Ya, can share more info on the HDB talk?

Upload photo: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60248-guide-to-upload-photos/

30k!!!:jawdrop:

Is your main cost on the hacking?

@coolbunny
My budget for my resale reno initially was 15k. After the initial round of quotes, I adjusted it to 20k... Come to final quote, it was 25k. And with VO and electrical, it has now gone over the 30k mark. I've gone into serious deficit! But everyone says reno for bto is cheaper, so you guys are so lucky! (I couldn't handle the wait)

Edited by mmoh

Hacking and dismantling = 2k+

Electrical = 2k+

I hit a tiling issue midways which took another 2k+ to fix.

Carpentry also had additional cost cuz apparently, I designed and customised it totally out of the ID's quote. Plus my Blum drawers and hinges were another 2k.

So yeah. That's just the reno bit.

Not including appliances and furnishings!

I'm now an extremely broke bunny with a cat to feed and only my house for weekend getaways. :(

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. Details of the talk are here http://eventscalendar.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10341p.nsf/0/1D1738E073F67DDC48257E600031F8B8. Alternatively go to HDB home page and look for Events at top of page.

Storage heaters are installed in the service yards of bigger flats, right? For 2 room flats, I think you can only install in it in the bathroom above eye level.

To maximise space in the bedroom, has anymore considered a multi-functional murphy bed + desk + cupboard combo. I know it can be very expensive.

To maximise space in the bedroom, has anymore considered a multi-functional murphy bed + desk + cupboard combo. I know it can be very expensive.

A friend of mine had it done for his resale flat and I heard that's where the bulk of his reno budget went. (Didn't ask how much tho) It's space saving for sure but the thought of having to take it down when you're deadbeat tired at the end of the day... Purely speaking from a lazy woman's perspective! :P

While we're on the lazy topic, I rented a studio apartment in Tokyo once while on holiday and that's what they had - I left it permanently down throughout my time there lol.

Edited by MsBunny

I always liked the Murphy bed idea, especially the type that is called Hiddenbed, go and look for it online.

That is always in my design for my room. I have a crazy idea to do a moving wall, with a hiddenbed on it. Did a youtube mock up, but this place doesn't seem to let me paste the link....

that kind of design, I think not necessary for singles staying in a 2 room HDB. Unless u r always hosting and expecting many guests. If not, like what Ms Bunny had shared, u will always let ur bed down if u r the only one using it.

So no, I am not considering that for my 2 room.

I am going to have it, not because I invite guests over, but just go maximise space usage. I'd like to have the option to be able to work on stuff in my room. Other than the bomb shelter cum study room.

I am going to have it, not because I invite guests over, but just go maximise space usage. I'd like to have the option to be able to work on stuff in my room. Other than the bomb shelter cum study room.

Cool. Can't wait to see it! :D

Hi mmoh,

This's my FP. Sorry for the poor resolution. First 2 times error said not permitted to upload pdf file. Third time file too big then I realise I uploaded a 5.29mb file. Lol! I took this FP using hp from my laptop screen.

FP

Me too, not going to have multi-functional murphy bed + desk + cupboard combo. To me everything all together looks cramp to me.

Bedroom for me is simple, queen size bed + big wardrobe which have a dressing table in as well.

@ mmoh. Your bay window with storage is in living room or bedroom? I have that in mind too but not sure can fit in after the sofa and dining table....

I have no choice with the saving-spacing furniture as I expect my dad to stay over sometimes. As for pricing, the sites for Smootree and Spaceman indicate that it is in the region of a upper 4-figure sum! I am comforting myself with the thought that if I bought 3 or 4 separate pieces of high quality furniture it will cost just as much.