Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

mmoh

That infamous 2-door bathroom!

Good explanation on your bathroom dilemma.

Perhaps you can show us how your shower area looks like.

It's funny that HDB's sanitary fittings package don't include a bidet spray.

ok, take more pictures of the infamous bathroom for you. ;)

1) nope, i am

2) cck & tuas ;)

guess u staying at teck whye or cck central area then? if so, very close to me. lol. u 1973 cow?

Guys,, take a look at this design, layout looks exactly like a 2 room and mirror image of my unit.

http://id.com.sg/hdb-spacious-living-area-blk-809-choa-chu-kang/

First time stepping onto the estate that I will call home in the future... trying to find the correct route cos some places are still fenced up. Pass by contractors sitting around and they will catch any passerby and ask if they need reno service.

reaching my block and saw these stone table and chairs. I like! :good: There are 2 such tables and chairs at the void deck. Talking about the void deck, it has toooooo many beams which you need to turn left turn right to get to the lift lobby. Unlike older HDB blocks which are quite straight forward.

hahaha, nothing much to see except that the contractors had already started their advertisement.
Living room is relatively big. I am satisfied. My ID commented that my living room is actually bigger than my 3 room neighbour's living room. Which I verified correct as I went to take a look at the 3 room unit which my ID is renovating.
Standing at the main door looking left to the kitchen. Can you see my neighbour's kitchen window? >_<
View from Living Room. I was there at about 4.30pm and it is quite windy. No afternoon sun as the sun is shining on my main door at this timing. I am lucky to have the gap in between the 2 blocks as the win came from the direction. That is the ITE west u see at the further distance away. I believe the plots of land will be occupied by high rise HDB flats...

Bedroom. I seriously got a shock when I see the actual size of the bedroom. According to the floor plan, size of bedroom is 3575 x 3150. i thought that is still ok but looking at the actual size, I realised that the whole room will be taken up assuming i place a queen size bed in the middle with 2 bedside table. Then I would have no space to place other furniture at all. Of course, I am not going to put a queen size bed. I think you all can see from the picture on the width.

mmoh, you didn't opt for the flooring har??

no option to opt in. Although I apply in a BTO exercise, this is actually balance unit left over from the previous BTO exercise. So, no choice to opt in.

I have applied to HDB to do cement screed for me and approved. Going to use vinyl.

I like the colour of the tiles. I like the ledge so that I can place items on it.

I mentioned before, I can see my neighbour's bathroom if I open my window and it is true T_T so he/she can also see me if I open my bathroom window. Probably will install blind here which I have never thought before... more $$

Kitchen is OMG!!! Even if I dont cook, I am now having headache on how can I put in all the necessary items for kitchen... And the width at the far end is only 50+mm where normal cabinet is 60mm. Carpentry can be customised but I need to get a smaller sink to fit into it... >_< If I put the usual sink and stove, I am only left with about 2 ft of counter top to place rice cooker + kettle + water jug + toaster oven / microwave oven + air fryer... how is that possible?? headache...

This corner is just nice for a small washing machine. However, see the access panel? this is the access to repair piping in case it choke. There is also a similar panel on top, hence no in-built carpentry on top is allowed here.

This is taken from the corridor. No intention of installing window grille but I am not so sure now. I think thief can easily access the unit from this direction. But I am at level 14... how?

Where does that little path in the kitchen on the left of the laundry poles lead to, @mmoh? :huh:

As for window grilles, as long as you keep your windows secured when you're out, it should be fine...I think?

My neighbour can look into my bedroom from his kitchen - directly at my bed since I'll be sleeping facing that window - even better right? :blink: Luckily for me, my previous owner already put some kinda awning for privacy hee. If you're thinking of saving cost, can consider getting those big bamboo blinds from Daiso - waterproof and still can let air in. :D

no option to opt in. Although I apply in a BTO exercise, this is actually balance unit left over from the previous BTO exercise. So, no choice to opt in.

I have applied to HDB to do cement screed for me and approved. Going to use vinyl.

Oic.....great pic and updates on ur place....looking forward to more pic and updates.

mmoh congrats! thanks for the photos too.. Your hall do look huge and lucky you have the gap and unblock view. Now i cant imagine my room will be like if you say yours enough for queen size with 2 bedsides tables only. Mine is 3200 x 3200.

Keep us posted on your journey through the reno process ya.. ;)

The highest level is?

Where does that little path in the kitchen on the left of the laundry poles lead to, @mmoh? :huh:

As for window grilles, as long as you keep your windows secured when you're out, it should be fine...I think?

My neighbour can look into my bedroom from his kitchen - directly at my bed since I'll be sleeping facing that window - even better right? :blink: Luckily for me, my previous owner already put some kinda awning for privacy hee. If you're thinking of saving cost, can consider getting those big bamboo blinds from Daiso - waterproof and still can let air in. :D

think you are referring to the small corner? that is for the washing machine. If u refer to my floor plan, that is the left bottom corner.

Daiso got bamboo blinds? u got picture? will go recce. Thks!

mmoh congrats! thanks for the photos too.. Your hall do look huge and lucky you have the gap and unblock view. Now i cant imagine my room will be like if you say yours enough for queen size with 2 bedsides tables only. Mine is 3200 x 3200.

Keep us posted on your journey through the reno process ya.. ;)

The highest level is?

seriously, dont plan too many items in ur bedroom... >_<

Edited by mmoh

Mmoh

Congrats on taking up on your new unit! It's a great feeling i bet :P The living room looks spectacularly large and as you've mentioned, that gap in between those two buildings, to me they serve a good purpose visually as it makes u look far and beyond. Your bathroom tiles are looking awesome especially in that cool grey, now i start to wonder what mine would be in though.

The kitchen looks a lil tight but still manageable, i suggest u may have to be very selective in your choices of appliances like things which you really depend on for an everyday usage. As for that corner to which u mentioned no built in carpentry can't be done there, well that's a major bummer.

Would you be doing loads of storage carpentry units in your house btw?

Edited by Wild Ginger

Mmoh

Congrats on taking up on your new unit! It's a great feeling i bet :P The living room looks spectacularly large and as you've mentioned, that gap in between those two buildings, to me they serve a good purpose visually as it makes u look far and beyond. Your bathroom tiles are looking awesome especially in that cool grey, now i start to wonder what mine would be in though.

The kitchen looks a lil tight but still manageable, i suggest u may have to be very selective in your choices of appliances like things which you really depend on for an everyday usage. As for that corner to which u mentioned no built in carpentry can't be done there, well that's a major bummer.

Would you be doing loads of storage carpentry units in your house btw?

For kitchen, I am now seriously considering if I want to install the induction cooker or should I just get the portable induction cooker?? Unless I can place my fridge at the corner of the bathroom door and near window, I dont think I will have enough table top space. But to place the fridge there, I will not be able to access my window anymore which is putting the idea off. Alternative is to get a low height cabinet at this corner to place the appliances.

Carpentry wise, at least I am quite firm with the shoe cabinet, bedroom wardrobe, kitchen cabinets and a platform day bed **** room. Ya, so I think the bulk of my cost should be flooring and carpentry if I am not doing the bathroom.

Have! Not sure if I got the link right, try this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109023660144562578375/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJyH1K7cs4qo1gE

There are like 2/3 sizes too. :)

Thks MsBunny, will go and take a look. :D

Hi mmoh

Will your kitchen cabinets be L-shaped? Is it possible to swop the positions of your fridge & washing machine? If you put your washing machine at the corner of window & bathroom door, your windows won't be blocked as much.

Personally, I will use a portable induction or electric ceremic cooker. Just unplug and store it in a drawer when not using. If you do decide to cut out a space in your countertop for cooker, you can always use an over-the-stove cutting board for more workspace.

81hWdulZdZS._SL1500_.jpg

Thks coolbunny. our difference is only 25 x 150, the 2.5cm is negligible but another 15cm is good to have.

I have not firm up with any ID yet so I am not sure you want his contact now? This particular ID I mentioned here was recommended by my neighbour whom I think had recommended to many of our neighbours. So I do know quite a few has already taken up the reno work with him. So far I am quite comfortable talking to him. But maybe when I get to see his workmanship then see if I would like to recommend him?

15cm is definitely good to have for our small bedroom.

So you have not decided on ID? I see. Are you asking J&E to quote as well? I have 3 offers on hand now which 1 of them being over budget and ID not listening to what I want. Another one at 17k but quite a lot not included. Last one 21k which is a package at 12k with addtional topup. This ID is more experience imo as he will suggest practical desgin to suit my small unit. But I of cos will be seeing more ID especially those receommended in this forum not forgetting the famous Mr K.

Hi mmoh

Will your kitchen cabinets be L-shaped? Is it possible to swop the positions of your fridge & washing machine? If you put your washing machine at the corner of window & bathroom door, your windows won't be blocked as much.

Personally, I will use a portable induction or electric ceremic cooker. Just unplug and store it in a drawer when not using. If you do decide to cut out a space in your countertop for cooker, you can always use an over-the-stove cutting board for more workspace.

ya, may just use portable induction. see how the design 1st bah.

15cm is definitely good to have for our small bedroom.

So you have not decided on ID? I see. Are you asking J&E to quote as well? I have 3 offers on hand now which 1 of them being over budget and ID not listening to what I want. Another one at 17k but quite a lot not included. Last one 21k which is a package at 12k with addtional topup. This ID is more experience imo as he will suggest practical desgin to suit my small unit. But I of cos will be seeing more ID especially those receommended in this forum not forgetting the famous Mr K.

so far all my quotes are around the range of $15k. your requirements much more?

Now bathroom I will do shower curtain instead of shower screen, can reduce more. Hopefully to be within 12k or even reduce to 10k :D

1. Kitchen cabinets with solid surface
  2. 3 ft Full height shoe cabinet
  3. 11 ft Platform day bed
  4. 5 ft Bedroom wardrobe
  5. Kitchen door
  6. 335sq ft vinyl flooring - 1 of my neighbour is selling vinyl, may get it from him at about $2k
  7. Painting - my friend do free for me :good:

Think the above should be about it. So my reno contractor / ID only doing 1 to 5.