Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I always like the idea of using curtain to create a space or contain the aircon but my friends dont buy the idea.

How much does it cost you on carpentry for the table in the living room? What is the horizontal wooden plank below it for?

You have the same hob as me. from LBS I believe :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 8/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, JOYWALKER said:

Hi @mmoh!

Oh, I have no plans to get big fridge cos I hardly cook. :)

Now, the entryway.

Same as many new homeowners, I've also installed mirrors on the DB box door and build shelves inside. Supposedly for storing shoes, but for me, I'll probably ended up storing my books here! lol! :P 

IMG_7777.JPG

2909565f-33eb-44fa-b387-b2534869572c.JPG

How much you paid for installation of mirror in DB box? Quite pleasant looking.

Raymond Lee 

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

I always like the idea of using curtain to create a space or contain the aircon but my friends dont buy the idea.

How much does it cost you on carpentry for the table in the living room? What is the horizontal wooden plank below it for?

You have the same hob as me. from LBS I believe :D

Initially, I didn't want any curtain (those regular types) but this smart curtain that could give 2 looks (full cover or sheer), makes me change my mind.

Oh, the writing desk plus the storage cabinet is about $1,600. That wooden thingy under my desk is the center support beam. :)

Yes, all the fitting , fans, lightings and stove/hob are from LBS. One stop shop all!! :D

You can make full use of the open space by hanging yr TV on a pole so that you can turn around watching when in living room or in bed.

If not putting the TV in the center is like a bit wasted for the open space.

For me, I will mount the TV on the living room wall and place my sofa in the partition area. Like that both my bed and sofa is facing the TV and I can fully enjoy the open space created.

Edited by spikeling

On 8/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, JOYWALKER said:

Hi @mmoh!

Oh, I have no plans to get big fridge cos I hardly cook. :)

Now, the entryway.

Same as many new homeowners, I've also installed mirrors on the DB box door and build shelves inside. Supposedly for storing shoes, but for me, I'll probably ended up storing my books here! lol! :P 

2909565f-33eb-44fa-b387-b2534869572c.JPG

Hi Joywalker, 

Do you have the dimensions of the DB box shelfing (Length x Depth)? Checking if it is sufficient for storing men's shoes.

6 hours ago, spikeling said:

You can make full use of the open space by hanging yr TV on a pole so that you can turn around watching when in living room or in bed.

If not putting the TV in the center is like a bit wasted for the open space.

For me, I will mount the TV on the living room wall and place my sofa in the partition area. Like that both my bed and sofa is facing the TV and I can fully enjoy the open space created.

I did consider the idea of putting a pole in the middle and like you said, easily turning the TV 180 degrees to watch programs in my bedroom too.

Firstly,pole in the middle, eerrm ...not that pretty, and secondly, I think it was ingrained in me even when I was a kid, that it's bad for eyesight when watching TV in bed. :D 

I do like the open space. Less cramp, in comparison with a wall in the middle. (no offense to those who kept the wall! ?)

Yep, placing the sofa at the partition area is a good one and I've seen that in pinterest too. Another option I could think of, is to buy a projector and place it on that same media console,pointing at the sofa. Then using the wall (area above my sofa) as a movie screen.  :)

4 hours ago, apperceive said:

Hi Joywalker, 

Do you have the dimensions of the DB box shelfing (Length x Depth)? Checking if it is sufficient for storing men's shoes.

Need to measure and get back to you. Probably is all standard size for 2-room BTO. Perhaps another forum member can assist @apperceive ? As I will not be able to answer so soon. Or maybe @BunniBoi can help you cos he just moved in. :D 

17 minutes ago, JOYWALKER said:

Need to measure and get back to you. Probably is all standard size for 2-room BTO. Perhaps another forum member can assist @apperceive ? As I will not be able to answer so soon. Or maybe @BunniBoi can help you cos he just moved in. :D 

Hi @apperceive My shoe size is 10. If you feet is bigger than mine, than it might have a problem. 15979274173625094542796071861081.jpg.f51db9df41178d6a27ac1bfff4b07c29.jpg

Edited by BunniBoi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2020 at 7:10 PM, JOYWALKER said:

Ok, today signed the handover papers liao.  :)

Headed out and reached my new place before 10am this morning, due to several incoming deliveries.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my ID. Except for one miscommunication ( had to Grab car from work to my place cos we both assumed the other party is there, for the aircon installation ?), I never had to worry about the progression during the renovation and he always send pics to me when certain job is done. I've read in the forum before, that, talking/selecting an ID is like interviewing. Once the 'chemistry' is right and everything will be smooth like butter.  :D 

Not much furniture yet. Will post fully furnished pics later, hopefully ,in November.

But for now, here are the pics:

IMG_7958.jpg

AA5D57A1-BBF0-4AD5-AB1C-755A2969B4DB.jpg

6399F892-131B-4E74-8FCD-F824111FB730.jpg

0163ffed-8917-4aa0-9114-bd1821c085bd.JPG

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

ABB3E49E-581A-4524-819E-60A109CF0A87.JPG

Thanks for the sharing. Nice idea to separate the living room and bedroom using curtain. How well does the closed curtain keep the cool air inside the bedroom and prevent leakage into the living room?