Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Sweet beginnings for your last weekend :thumbs up: So loving of your hubbz!

Wld like to ask you 2 things! The greenhouse look-alike box on your PC desk - is it from IKEA?

Your Daiso 5-hook hanger, is it hung on the tiles by suction or adhesive tape? If it's suction, will it hold? There is always this thing going on about suction holders that doesn't last... :unsure:

TIA for sharing! :)

Wonderful weekend as always! Hubby made a perfect Hello Kitty pancake for me (after 2 failed attempts of my own). Love the Corelle plate with sweet blue trim that we purchased from NTUC at 20% discount. Lightweight & takes up little space.

20150724_1_zpsziytkww3.jpg

Now that the main works are done, time to start organizing stuff! Bought this cutlery tray ($3.90) from Ikea. Fits perfectly in my PC desk to keep stationery tidy.

20150724_2_zpskplfkary.jpg

This handy 5-hook hanger in white matches my kitchen tile color & is so useful for keeping daily use stuff, eg. apple cutter, peeler, scissors etc. neat & within easy reach.

20150724_5_zpsmutqu62x.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sweet beginnings for your last weekend :thumbs up: So loving of your hubbz!

Wld like to ask you 2 things! The greenhouse look-alike box on your PC desk - is it from IKEA?

Your Daiso 5-hook hanger, is it hung on the tiles by suction or adhesive tape? If it's suction, will it hold? There is always this thing going on about suction holders that doesn't last... :unsure:

TIA for sharing! :)

Hi CountryGlow,

Hubby is a better cook than I am^^

Yes, it is a greenhouse from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/90191726/

The 5 hook hanger from Daiso comes in both types - adhesive & suction.

I use the adhesive type for kitchen, prefer the square-cut end on both sides.

20150804_1_zpsoauwsayr.jpg

And the suction type for the bathroom to hold brushes under the sink. Long brush also from Daiso^^

Good to clean under vanity cabinet in MBR bath as hard to reach below.

20150804_2_zpsfj1alxbs.jpg

Personally I prefer the adhesive type too but for bathroom (usually wet area) I decided to go with suction. So far ok as long as you don't hang too heavy stuff as they are not meant to take alot of weight. Packaging states weight limit 150-200g per hook.

Hi, can you please provide me the contacts for the kitchen back splash? Where is your bedframe from and the cost?

Thanks

Hi feifei,

PM-ed you.

Hello! very nice home design.

Can you share your quotation and estimation cost and ID contact? and the contacts for the kitchen back splash? Thanks!

Oooh, sharing my latest purchase that makes me so very happy!

20150805_4_zpsmyeoivvd.png

Isn't this the loveliest document holder you have ever seen? So sweet & pink & looks like a mini dollhouse. It is a must-get for me!

My playroom development:

Still awhile yet before I can share my completed playroom, cos there is just too much stuff to do. All my toys, I wrap them up in clear plastic to prevent dust & mold, so as you can imagine, it's quite a tedious task..

In the meantime, sharing all my fave $2 purchases!

Lovely french design containers in pale pink & rose print containers to hold all the beauty stuff. I also changed all the knobs to bling bling ones I bought from taobao.

20150805_3_zpsom5xco8b.jpg

Pink lace design baskets to hold small Kitty dolls under the coffee table:

20150805_5_zps7hvjed7k.jpg

Pastel color food trays to hold accessories:

20150805_2_zps0y1vs7wn.jpg

Vintage look iron rack & flower in glass bottle also from Daiso to decorate bar counter:

20150805_1_zpszvjimmxr.jpg

And this organizer to keep hangers neat!

20150724_12_zps6km3rrmf.jpg

Thank you! They are porcelain tiles.

hi there!

Your place looks beautiful!

I was wondering whether you could share the details for the tiles?

thanks heaps!

Hello! very nice home design.

Can you share your quotation and estimation cost and ID contact? and the contacts for the kitchen back splash? Thanks!

Hi nasus19,

Thanks! PM-ed you.

hi there!

Your place looks beautiful!

I was wondering whether you could share the details for the tiles?

thanks heaps!

Thanks! We forgo-ed HDB’s flooring because they gave tiles for living room & wood flooring for the 3 bedrooms. Not a fan of wood floors cos my parents’ home has it, & they scratched easily. It took us awhile to choose our tile, as we wanted a very light greyish one. Surprisingly there wasn’t much choice for very light grey tiles. The ones we came across are just not light enough, more of a medium shade. Finally we chose this Italian porcelain tile from Hafary, it is called the Cemento series. Very light greyish & concrete-like, it has a unique texture that appears matte. You can check it out at Hafary’s if you are keen.

This close-up pic of the texture:

20150805_2_zps0y1vs7wn.jpg

How it appears in daytime:

20150821_1_zpsrnbqmwsl.jpg

Have been staying at our new place for awhile & enjoying the quiet. Really feels like a staycation but in your own home, there’s nothing better than that^^

Been looking around for a suitable rack for our service yard cos still living with a little mess (leftover tiles & tins of paint on the floor) till now. Finally our quick stop at Ikea yest evening solved our problem. Mainly we wanted a white rack as our service yard theme is blue + white. It also can’t be too big due to limited space. Had searched on Qoo10 but couldn’t find a white one. Thot of shipping one from taobao, but too much hassle for 1 rack..

Presenting our new rack. Just a simple rack in white to put some stuff.

20150909_1_zps5rxkmbpn.jpg

Also using my blue + pink storage bags as laundry bags. Fits nicely in the corner.

20150909_2_zpsxiujihbi.jpg

We also have 2 small racks from Ikea for additional hanging when required. When not in use, it folds up nicely & can be stored. Only $9.90 each. Super worth it!

White washing machine in its corner.

20150909_3_zpsvmrblenm.jpg

Lastly, this is the “cleaning” corner. Bought the shortest extension pole from Daiso & a set of matching hooks to make use of the space between the pipes to hang some stuff for easy access.

20150909_4_zpsyg0gn5as.jpg

Purchased a set of re-usable chalkboard stickers from USA, finally arrived! Hello Kitty, of course^^

Pasted one on our wall under our clock, wall next to kitchen, in case we would like to jot down menu for the day:

20150908_1_zpsmctqupu6.jpg

Pasted the other on our bomb shelter door (to list down cleaning duties).

20150908_2_zpsobvjekss.jpg

Here's how they look form the hall:

20150908_3_zpsx0dakkeq.jpg

Hubby agreed they look pretty unique! Happy!

Have been staying at our new place for awhile & enjoying the quiet. Really feels like a staycation but in your own home, there’s nothing better than that^^

Been looking around for a suitable rack for our service yard cos still living with a little mess (leftover tiles & tins of paint on the floor) till now. Finally our quick stop at Ikea yest evening solved our problem. Mainly we wanted a white rack as our service yard theme is blue + white. It also can’t be too big due to limited space. Had searched on Qoo10 but couldn’t find a white one. Thot of shipping one from taobao, but too much hassle for 1 rack..

Presenting our new rack. Just a simple rack in white to put some stuff.

20150909_1_zps5rxkmbpn.jpg

Also using my blue + pink storage bags as laundry bags. Fits nicely in the corner.

20150909_2_zpsxiujihbi.jpg

We also have 2 small racks from Ikea for additional hanging when required. When not in use, it folds up nicely & can be stored. Only $9.90 each. Super worth it!

White washing machine in its corner.

20150909_3_zpsvmrblenm.jpg

Lastly, this is the “cleaning” corner. Bought the shortest extension pole from Daiso & a set of matching hooks to make use of the space between the pipes to hang some stuff for easy access.

20150909_4_zpsyg0gn5as.jpg

omg nice shelving... can share where u got the shelving for the paint? Thank you in advance.

Hi! I must say your house is one of the most unique ones I've read in renoTalk. So interesting how you make use of every space in the house! Our house layout is exactly the same and right now after seeing your house I feel like changing some of my ideas! Im getting my keys next month and am still looking for a suitable contractor. Can I know how was your contractor? can I have the contact? And if i may knw how much does your entire reno cost? PM me, could you? Thanks!

And i noticed that you did not do anything to your toilets except installing fittings and shower screen. Can i trouble you to take full pic of your two toilets? I plan to lay over the tiles because im afraid the hdb tiles are ugly. Bt frm ur pic i see that it looks ok actually. Do help me out if possible. Thanks alot!