Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi! Been busy lately packing packing packing. Managed to reduce some boxes but still a way to go. Took some pics of our 2 bathrooms, as requested earlier.

Our bathrooms were pretty much left untouched as we are ok with the stuff HDB provided, so saved some $$.

Starting with our master bath,

Installed a custom-built cabinet to fit under our sink.

Mirror cabinet & magnifying mirror from TB.

Deodorizer, fake plant, peach handsoap, partitioned case, mini hook & suction holder (for toilet roll) all from Daiso.

Curtain - DIYed using rod, clips & cloth.

20151013_1_zpszdudcnnd.jpg

Shower area:

Installed glass screen.

Rainshower from TB

Hooks for loofahs from Daiso.

20151013_2_zps9oxk0ipx.jpg

Lastly, toiletries rack & towel rack both from TB. As you can see, there isn't much space for a standard long-type of towel rack. So we made do by using a "step-ladder" type of rack that we customized.

20151013_5_zpssqpooquf.jpg

Oh, must highlight this ingenious little hook from Daiso. Looking at it, can you guess what it's for?

20151013_3_zpsu8lt1myf.jpg

He he, I bought it cos it looks really cute. But it actually holds a pair of glasses pretty well. So hubby is using it to hold his specs while he washes his face so it doesn't get wet. Good idea rite?

20151013_4_zpsgcizvbv8.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Ok, moving on to our common bath. We are mainly using it as a washing area (for clothes & stuff) so we left it as it is.

Here's the view from the doorway.

Mirror cabinet from TB.

Pink Kitty stuff from Japan & Korea.

20151013_6_zpstoc3xfqe.jpg

Near the shower area, we installed a single toiletries rack from TB. It currently holds an air freshener, a dispenser & a container with soap powder.

Below it, we keep the pails, basins & washboards. Except for Kitty stuff, everything else is from Daiso too!

20151013_7_zpsqgri1rse.jpg

Above the toilet bowl, we installed a towel rack from TB. Currently holds hubby's microfibre towel for quick drying of hair.

20151013_8_zpsggwx3wph.jpg

Today hubby & I went to Sim Lim & I finally got myself a chio black monitor (Dell, 27 inch). Once I reached home, I cleared everything from my piled up desk onto the floor (pardon the mess) & set up this beauty right where it ibelongs. So happy!! Hubby is right this moment setting up my pc. Can't wait to use it!

20152014_5_zpseoqc2uyo.jpg

Over the weekend, I set out the layout of my coffee table, think it will look like this until I change it again.

20152014_2_zpssilsh2ey.jpg

Hubby shifted over his beloved LOTR poster & now it is in his room waiting to be hung up over the sofa.

20152014_1_zpsjkrxv2mm.jpg

Happened to take this shot the other day. Love the way light spills out from the door.

20152014_4_zpsiffmcexx.jpg

And this is our simple Halloween arrangement. So happy to finally have my own home to arrange stuff for!~!

20152014_3_zpszzpviy9c.jpg

Been a while since I last checked in. Still busy packing. From 100 boxes, we are down to the last 10+, not bad huh. Most stuff are in the bomb shelter & we are mainly trying to clear whatever’s in the living room.

Find the wall next to dining table looking empty so I had wanted to put up something for awhile. Couldn't find anything that fit my Kitty files as they are kind of an odd size. Ended up customizing them from taobao, very pleased with the quality for the price! Ordered another 2 more on the way to frame up more stuff.

These are from mono comme ca, one of my fave Japanese brands that collaborated with Kitty - 1 in shimmering gold & the other in dark red & white. Very subtle Kitty design.. he he

20151105_1_zpsthst2fjy.jpg

For a cosy cafe feel:

20151105_2_zps9gr0hqcx.jpg

Also found a stash of wall stickers I purchased last time while unpacking. Total of 4 I pasted around our place, namely the walkway, living room & kitchen, so now we have some cute wall decor.

Hide & seek Kitty at our walkway switch for the fan:

20151105_3_zpsqwqa8utl.jpg

Dancing Kitty on our kicthen wall:

20151105_4_zpsilbbb58u.jpg

Although they are minor touches, they serve to brighten up our space. Feel so happy just looking at them!

Have a happy weekend ahead everyone!!

Hi Chiffon,

could you share and pm me where did you get those display cabinet (with glass dr and those box cabinet) that you display Hello Kitty in your pink rm? TIA!

Btw I have contacted the bomb shelter rack guy.. he asked me how I get to know and through who :)

cheers

Moon

Edited by bgmoon

Hi Chiffon,

could you share and pm me where did you get those display cabinet (with glass dr and those box cabinet) that you display Hello Kitty in your pink rm? TIA!

Btw I have contacted the bomb shelter rack guy.. he asked me how I get to know and through who :)

cheers

Moon

Hi Moon,

The pricing is special for friend's recommendation. You can tell him it's Winnie with the kitty room, he would know he he.

All the furniture in my room are purchased from Ikea, you can refer to this post here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/71262-our-home-comfy-cute/page-2#entry898874

It's mainly made up of:

1 Kallax 5 x 5 shelf

3 Billy bookcases + 1 height extension

1 Liatorp sideboard

1 Liatorp coffee table

2 Detolf glass cabinets

1 Micke PC desk

And this post for how the actual looks like:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/71262-our-home-comfy-cute/page-3#entry899323

Edited by chiffon

Hi Chiffon,

Thank you so much for sharing.. guess yr name must be very popular by the rack guy.. he quoted yr name and i said nope. Is by the nickname of Chiffon..

hope u r settling well now in yr home sweet home..

Cheers

Moon

Hi Chiffon,

Thank you so much for sharing.. guess yr name must be very popular by the rack guy.. he quoted yr name and i said nope. Is by the nickname of Chiffon..

Cheers

Moon

Ahh.. I never mentioned to him my nick before so I guess he would know me by my name better. Quite a lnumber of my neighbors in the same project has asked for his contact as well after I posted my pic I think.

Yes, happy now in my new home, still busy packing stuff everyday though cos way too much stuff, he he.

Hi Chiffon,

Cheers

Moon

Ahh.. I never mentioned to him my nick before so I guess he would know me by my name better. Quite a lnumber of my neighbors in the same project has asked for his contact as well after I posted my pic I think.

Yes, happy now in my new home, still busy packing stuff everyday though cos way too much stuff, he he.