Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Hi! I must say your house is one of the most unique ones I've read in renoTalk. So interesting how you make use of every space in the house! Our house layout is exactly the same and right now after seeing your house I feel like changing some of my ideas! Im getting my keys next month and am still looking for a suitable contractor. Can I know how was your contractor? can I have the contact? And if i may knw how much does your entire reno cost? PM me, could you? Thanks!

And i noticed that you did not do anything to your toilets except installing fittings and shower screen. Can i trouble you to take full pic of your two toilets? I plan to lay over the tiles because im afraid the hdb tiles are ugly. Bt frm ur pic i see that it looks ok actually. Do help me out if possible. Thanks alot!

Hi Esqar, thank you for your compliments, makes my day! I have PM-ed you.

As we are pretty ok with the tiles & colors provided by HDB, we did not do anything to both toilets, so we saved some $$. I will take pic of both toilets & update soon^^.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally, we got some racks installed in our bomb shelter in preparation for moving over our stuff. They look pretty sturdy & can take max weight load of 350kg, so we hope they will last us a long long time. Thot pf going for white initially but black will withstand dirt more over time so black it is. Matte black with white walls in line with our B&W theme^^

20150921_1_zpsqc2qvekm.jpg

Past Sat weekend, we engaged the services of Gethsemane Care Ministry to help us move our stuff. Look at the crazy amount of stuff we had accumulated over the years! Plastic Toyogo boxes, carton boxes they provided for us, smaller plastic boxes, & storage bags of plush toys, totalled 100 boxes which they moved everything over in 1.5 hours' time! Really impressed with their efficency! But now really a big headache with all the unpacking to be done:

20150921_2_zpssxpcyqpy.jpg

So much so that my poor playroom is looking like a war zone now:

20150921_3_zps6lpmmnlp.jpg

Yest evening we had our white kitchen backsplash up, now our kitchen is completed!!

Backsplash for the cooking area will make it easier to clean:

20150623_1_zpsjvntwawu.jpg

1/2 height backsplash for the other side to add some dimension to the otherwise plain-looking tiled wall:

20150623_2_zpszthdz9rg.jpg

We requested for white to match our B&W kitchen. Very pleased with how it turned out :)

Finally, we got some racks installed in our bomb shelter in preparation for moving over our stuff. They look pretty sturdy & can take max weight load of 350kg, so we hope they will last us a long long time. Thot pf going for white initially but black will withstand dirt more over time so black it is. Matte black with white walls in line with our B&W theme^^

20150921_1_zpsqc2qvekm.jpg

Past Sat weekend, we engaged the services of Gethsemane Care Ministry to help us move our stuff. Look at the crazy amount of stuff we had accumulated over the years! Plastic Toyogo boxes, carton boxes they provided for us, smaller plastic boxes, & storage bags of plush toys, totalled 100 boxes which they moved everything over in 1.5 hours' time! Really impressed with their efficency! But now really a big headache with all the unpacking to be done:

20150921_2_zpssxpcyqpy.jpg

So much so that my poor playroom is looking like a war zone now:

20150921_3_zps6lpmmnlp.jpg

Hi Chiffon,

Would you be able to share your crystal white glass backsplash contact and your bomb shelter shelving contact with me please?

Thanks so much!

Omgsh I recognise your hello kitty chalkboard stickers & bomb shelter racks from our fb group, hahahah hii. The matte black is really chio, can share contacts? Thanks!

Hi hi! Happy to see a neighbour here :) I really enjoyed reading your blog. Interesting stuff you have going on. All the best in your reno!

We got the rack from http://storation.com.sg/ You can check them out. They are a nice friendly couple^^

Hi Chiffon, how do you find your movers? Can share contact ?

Hi Wei Yan,

We went with the Gethsemane Care Ministry after reading a blogpost here that recommended them: http://gethsemanebpc.com/tgcm/ Indeed, they are friendly & very efficient. Price-wise, I would think is standard. If you go for a full truckload, they give you 30 cartons free.

The whole process went like this:

1) We called them up & arranged for a date to access our stuff that needs to be moved, and they estimated & gave us a quote - 1 truckload.

2) Once we are ok, they fixed a date for moving.

3) On the actual moving day, they turned up in a team of 4, with 2 large trucks (1 extra in case all our stuff cannot fit into 1).

4) With their trolleys, they quickly loaded up our stuff onto their truck. You can let them know if you have fragile stuff. They will take more care with it.

5) We had a total of 100 boxes. They managed to move over everything within 1.5 hours. In the end, we only needed 1 truck.

So I would say, the whole thing went down pretty painlessly.

Hi Chiffon,

Would you be able to share your crystal white glass backsplash contact and your bomb shelter shelving contact with me please?

Thanks so much!

Hi gyc, I have PM-ed you.

Hi Wei Yan,

We went with the Gethsemane Care Ministry after reading a blogpost here that recommended them: http://gethsemanebpc.com/tgcm/ Indeed, they are friendly & very efficient. Price-wise, I would think is standard. If you go for a full truckload, they give you 30 cartons free.

The whole process went like this:

1) We called them up & arranged for a date to access our stuff that needs to be moved, and they estimated & gave us a quote - 1 truckload.

2) Once we are ok, they fixed a date for moving.

3) On the actual moving day, they turned up in a team of 4, with 2 large trucks (1 extra in case all our stuff cannot fit into 1).

4) With their trolleys, they quickly loaded up our stuff onto their truck. You can let them know if you have fragile stuff. They will take more care with it.

5) We had a total of 100 boxes. They managed to move over everything within 1.5 hours. In the end, we only needed 1 truck.

So I would say, the whole thing went down pretty painlessly.

Hi CountryGlow,

Thank you for the review! I'll contact them then 😊

Rgds, Weiyan

Hi Chiffon,

Tried to send you a PM but won't allow. Is it possible to share with me contact details of your contractor? Would appreciate it! Thank you. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi pinkbliss,, PM-ed you.

Enjoyed reading your blog and love the ideas you have.

It'll be great if you can PM me the contact for the backsplash too, Many thanks!

Hi kcsky30, thanks! PM-ed you.