Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Went with hubby to Ikea last Sun & finalized our room purchases. We promised to let each other have free rein, ie. all designs & purchases up to our own preference, with no interference from the other partner whatsoever. So here's what we picked out. You can tell the difference between our tastes, hehe. I'm going for a soft all-white look to match my pink toyroom whereas hubby's room has the manly vibe.

My toyroom furniture:

20150524_1_zpsbichenxl.jpg

Hubby's gameroom furniture:

20150524_2_zpsqwtojm8d.jpg

My fave purchase of all-time from Ikea is the Expedit 5 x 5. I'm sure many Expedit enthusiasts have the same feeling, as it is perfect for open shelving display. Somehow the size is just right. And it must be the 5 x 5. I had it for many years at my parents' place & I loved it. Imagine how sad I was last year when I heard that Ikea discontinued it, as it is the ONE thing I must have for my new home. Now imagine my happiness when Ikea brought it back recently, and just in time for my new place! I was dancing around the place in joy, hehe^^ So so exciting to see how our 2 rooms will be transformed come this weekend when everything's delivered. Can't wait!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

Have you hired professionals for all the renovation and designing stuff? If Yes please do share the name of the comapny.

Thank you

Hi onehome, my place is self-designed by me based on the inspiration pics I found online (post #2). My ID friend is helping me with the renovation itself. I have PM-ed you his contact^^

Our kitchen is almost completed! Except for 2 areas still pending for doors & some missing wall tiles.

Love the simple feel of black & (mostly) white.

Kitchen sink made with tiles - still need doors

20150527_1_zpsx0ssy61e.jpg

Hood is in. Pending quartz top & hob.

20150527_2_zps8ejwwle0.jpg

View from entrance of kitchen. Top cabinets waiting for doors:

20150527_3_zpsodfkmmqd.jpg

Pending TV installation, curtains installation & Ikea delivery tomorrow. Ikea assembly will be on Sat. Really can’t wait for the weekend!

In the meantime, came across these which I thot are pretty nice inspiration to share.

Hanging shelves with inbuilt lights, great idea to have display & lighting combined in one?

20150528_1_zpsqf2aeg8n.jpg

Modifying drink cans to use as tracklights, unique!

20150528_2_zps2mfoliyr.jpg

This small pic ledge shelf from Ikea can also be used for display /storage of spice containers in the kitchen. Or maybe a mini herb garden?

20150528_3_zpsygujgcig.jpg

Like the tiered shape of this rack from Ikea. Looks good & functional.

20150528_4_zpskvap1wtj.jpg

Like the inspiration of this cosy chill-out corner in Ikea. The use of cityscape wallpaper to simulate a balcony?

20150528_5_zpslvth9hsn.jpg

Hi, can u show a close up look of how ur top cabinet is done beside the kitchen window? Thx

Hi Freb, I'm not sure if this is what you meant by close-up?

View from service yard

20150529_1_zpsdins80v6.jpg

Top cabinets:

20150529_2_zpsh4yx0wio.jpg

Drying rack:

20150529_3_zpskllfucxl.jpg

Some mini updates for today:

Our MBR curtains in dark grey. Hubby wants blackout curtains, so he's pretty pleased with this. Need to smooth out though, looking wrinkled..

20150529_6_zpsil3v1rim.jpg

Hubby loves his wood blinds (please ignore all the ikea stuff in the foreground)

20150529_5_zps9hjuzziy.jpg

My Hello Kitty curtains still in Japan, so "borrowed" MBR's day curtain for use first to block out some sun. Ikea stuff arrived! Tomorrow will be furniture assembly day.

20150529_4_zpsonwbkgrd.jpg

A first look at our full height kitchen cabinet, Pending quartz top to be in tomorrow!

20150529_8_zpscso02owl.jpg

The only drawers in the whole kitchen & 1 of them is black^^ Fridge kerb nicely done too.

20150529_7_zpsjsbf3b8x.jpg

Will update again soon!

Hi Freb, I'm not sure if this is what you meant by close-up?

thanks, i just wanna see the gap between the window n the top cabinet, spacing allowed for window to open.

thanks, i just wanna see the gap between the window n the top cabinet, spacing allowed for window to open.

Hi Freb,

It looks like this, only a small gap for window to open:

20150529_10_zpsr3dftrvu.jpg

20150529_11_zpso8fdco2y.jpg

More updates!

Yesterday morning we made a rush trip to Ikea again to purchase our TV console & another sideboard for hubby's gameroom before our bed delivery & Ikea assembly arrived. Also bought some bedsheet & quilt omforter set. Fastest trip ever, we made it out in an hour! Delivery & assembly will be next Sat.

2nd batch Ikea purchases:

20150530_13_zpsjrsbyanz.jpg

A before pic while we were waiting for delivery:

20150530_1_zps8dxstjmi.jpg

First assembly to be completed are the MALM chest-of drawers & PAX mirror cabinet for our MBR WIW. They are to complement our pole system wardrobe (which we are still sourcing for). If you know of any good ones, please let me know. Love the PAX mirror cabinet which hubby & I are sharing to store our bags. We got the highest one we can find & added a mirror as the door, so that we can save space & do not have to buy a separate mirror for the wardrobe area.

20150530_2_zpsoei7ufnq.jpg

Next up: hubby's gameroom.

Reading corner with a Billy bookcase & mini sofa:

20150530_3_zps90onekfa.jpg

Mini sofa & glass display cabinet:

20150530_4_zpssdv2eifv.jpg

PC desk corner:

20150530_5_zps5bctagcc.jpg

Overall look:

20150530_6_zpsvtklahvv.jpg