Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Last weekend, went up to new place again as we had an appt for turning on the gas.

Our B&W elephants (souvenirs from our last Bangkok trip) had found their home on our shoe cabinet: When we saw them , we thot they were perfect cos they fit in completely with our theme, hehe.

20160613_1_zps9jkq7dsu.jpg

Tested out the TB frame with my Anna Sui x Kitty hanky:

20160613_3_zps6kfa6bpv.jpg

Put in some kitchen utensils, plates, tupperware & our couple mugs, all Hello Kitty^^20160613_2_zpsjtolx4tn.jpg

Cleaning materials too: lint remover, mini dustpan set & mini toilet brush:

20160613_4_zpsaukrbm0s.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This post has all the "black" stuff. Simply love the color black, don't you? It's such a classic color & goes well with anything. After gas was switched on, we boiled our first water using our new Tefal kettle on our new black hob. Doesn't it look like they belong together perfectly? Hehe.

20160613_5_zpsrjuhobh6.jpg

With our Gain City member points, we bought a black microwave oven to match our black-laminate cabinet. It also matches our black Fujioh oven. Oh, and we bought a small black toaster too (not pictured). Now our kitchen looks complete!

20160613_6_zpsdifuow9h.jpg

Our TV area: black Samsung 55" TV picked out by hubby. Came with a free soundbar. Matched with our black TV console from Ikea. Notice a new occupant to our living room?

20160613_7_zpsauu4iemq.jpg

Presenting my all-time fave furniture buy: the HAY table. it was love at first sight when I laid eyes on it online few years ago. Tried to source for an online shop that sells it & ships internationally but unsuccessful . Finally managed to find it in Grafunkt & pre-ordered it. After waiting impatiently for 2 months, it's finally here! Even hubby was blown away by it. The quality is superb!!

20160613_8_zpsp4x0o2ol.jpg

Our black conduit, black Fanco fan & black ceiling lamps from TB - view taken from sofa facing up. All black & looking very sleek.

20160613_9_zps23xuud2v.jpg

With lights on. The open design of the lamp allows light to be reflected onto the ceiling, so it is just the type of brightness that we like:

20160613_10_zpssekhdcje.jpg

We have gotten our kitchen measured for a white backsplash & also engaged Sparico for our pole system wardrobe within this week. Will update again!

Hi chiffon! Your nest is looking good! The kitchen & living hall is a total alternative look to your pastel coloured rooms!

I like the way you are including your loves for Hello Kitty subtly into corners of your house (except for your boutique dedicated for them). Great job! Btw, I just realized my opposite neighbour is a huge hello kitty fan as well! They got their entire house painted in hello kitty colours with many shelf displays of their hello kitty collection! One of their bedrooms' ceiling has cornices created to a Hello Kitty outline/ face! I had not meant to peep into their flat but that unit opposite us is too obvious to go un-noticed. I can't resist looking over whenever I look out of our window for fresh air....and go WOW...such a Fairytale world to stay in everyday :)

I've got a silly question, what is the distance between the chest of drawers and the mirror cabinet I your WIW? Do you think it is too narrow to walk through? I am thinking of fitting an island (okay more like a peninsular) in my tiny kitchen, and I wondered how wide a distance should I have between wall and cabinet, :o

Hi chiffon! Your nest is looking good! The kitchen & living hall is a total alternative look to your pastel coloured rooms!

I like the way you are including your loves for Hello Kitty subtly into corners of your house (except for your boutique dedicated for them). Great job! Btw, I just realized my opposite neighbour is a huge hello kitty fan as well! They got their entire house painted in hello kitty colours with many shelf displays of their hello kitty collection! One of their bedrooms' ceiling has cornices created to a Hello Kitty outline/ face! I had not meant to peep into their flat but that unit opposite us is too obvious to go un-noticed. I can't resist looking over whenever I look out of our window for fresh air....and go WOW...such a Fairytale world to stay in everyday :)

Thanks! I think your neighbour is a fellow collector, hehe. Hubby disapproves of too much Kitty everywhere so currently she is only limited to the kitchen & my toyroom & maybe just a few in the living room. He didn't want the place to be too kittified cos if I get tired of her one day, then we have to re-do the whole place. So we are mainly going for a neutral palette & then add on some colors here & there along the way.

I've got a silly question, what is the distance between the chest of drawers and the mirror cabinet I your WIW? Do you think it is too narrow to walk through? I am thinking of fitting an island (okay more like a peninsular) in my tiny kitchen, and I wondered how wide a distance should I have between wall and cabinet, :o

Hey, no question is too silly :) The distance is about 65cm, which is ok for one of us to go through at any one time. If everything goes ok tomorrow, I might have more pics of my WIW to share. How big is your island going to be? I think most importantly you need to be comfortable with the distance & then modify accordingly.

Edited by chiffon

RE: Hello kitty

My colleague has a custom made TV wall, that is a cutout of hello kitty, completed with LED outline. :)

Hehe, I did think of it before but that will be too much for hubby, he currently loves his TV area very much^^

Yest Sparico installed our pole system wardrobe for us. Loving it! Hubby says it feels like a boutique :)

Pole system in place:

20150617_1_zpsypzamwln.jpg

L-shaped system with corner shelving:

20150617_2_zpsois5ne7o.jpg

After chest-of-drawers in place, walking space is 60cm.

20150617_3_zpskoz6zpyb.jpg

Put up some hangers:

20150617_4_zpsivqjdwxg.jpg

Placed my red mailbox at the shoe cabinet, to hold our mail everyday:

20150617_7_zpse650koqf.jpg

Put up my Hello Kitty curtains. The color is a tad darker than I would like, but is due to the blackout fabric used. It will keep my stuff safe from sunlight.

20150617_8_zpsfwfchl8v.jpg

Finally completed my chandelier by hanging on all its crystals:

20150617_9_zps4fok6bii.jpg

Hello Kitty wet wipes holder & dessert tray. Going to start decorating my room soon. Can't wait!

20150617_10_zpsxskrwz0f.jpg

2 more new occupants to our living room. Cute huggable Kitty plushies!
20150617_11_zpsulake6hu.jpg

So cute!!!!!!!!!!! Love your hello kitty room!

Hmmm... 60cm for walkway between chest of drawer and wardrobe. probably will need your feedback after everything is furnished and you lived in there for a few month before you can decide the space is okay?

So cute!!!!!!!!!!! Love your hello kitty room!

Hmmm... 60cm for walkway between chest of drawer and wardrobe. probably will need your feedback after everything is furnished and you lived in there for a few month before you can decide the space is okay?

Hi kyooko,

60cm is referring to this area where we walk in or out. It's still ok for us cos it's already wider than our shoulder width.

20150617_12_zpssjzy9nir.jpg

Another shot with wardrobe lights off: Maybe easier to see this way? No doubt it is a small space, but it is not so small till we cannot move around in it.

20150617_13_zpsa7cbxrpk.jpg

Last weekend was a scorcher! Aircon on fullblast as we hide out at our new place watching dramas & ordering in pizza. We have finished both Penny Dreadful & Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell for this week.Feels so good to be up-to-date. Finally the correct curtains arrived (after 2 wrong colors). They are blackout so it's super shiok watching dramas without the outside glare from the sun.

Presenting our completed living room:

20160622_1_zpsdx01ryqu.jpg

Left view:

20160622_2_zps4enl7kxf.jpg

Right view

20160622_3_zpstw2a3c1n.jpg

All our basics are either white, grey or black. Loving how clean & neat everything looks so far! Still a work-in-progress though, as we find more stuff to fill up our home with. Hope we can always maintain it like this.

Edited by chiffon

Hubby started to display his toys in his room. It's gonna be filled with all kinds of cute stuff soon, hehe.

20160622_5_zpswnvhrmkb.jpg

He fixed up my pink swivel chair from Ikea for my desk too:

20160622_7_zpsfve3fqdi.jpg

Finally unboxed my pink Hello Kitty mini furniture & set them up:

20160622_6_zpsswwczx29.jpg

Woohoo! First article of clothing in our WIW is also Hello Kitty!~!

20160622_4_zpstlp5mwmi.jpg

Kitchen backsplash installation scheduled for tonight. Painting & plastering touchup works scheduled for tomorrow. Hope everything goes well!

Edited by chiffon