Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not much updates so far, carpentry still in progress. Bottom half has been installed. Really hope my self-designed kitchen will turn out ok. Saw my chandelier up but it's "naked", I will need to dress it up with its crystals once the place has been cleaned up, seems like a daunting task? I heard that it will take at least 3-4 hours to do that... Hubby commented my toyroom will be really bright since I have 3 lamps. Well, I would rather have it really bright than dim, hehe. I chose a really light ice-pink color for this room & had the ceiling painted in the same color as well. Hmm.. but the color for this room & MBR looks similar at night, maybe due to the lighting?

20150520_1_zpsgrxfrmj6.jpg

Really love the lamp I got for the MBR entrance, it was a last-min purchase cos I totally forgot that the MBR entrance requires a light too. Kept it uniform so that all lights in MBR are black-colored to match the black partition. Super love the MBR's wall color too, it's a soft dusky powdery pink but I think I can't capture the true color at night with my phone camera. Will need to see it in daytime.

20150520_2_zpsn5biidv4.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Made 3 super cute purchases for the home recently, even hubby agreed they were cute, hehe.

First up: matching soap bottles for hubby & me so we each can have our own soap in the bathroom

20150521_1_zps8qlgxxrj.jpg

A big Kitty container to store stuff (as usual, I have no idea what yet, but it's cute)

20150521_2_zps2vj9zftt.jpg

And lastly, the Kitty mailbox (in bright classic red) I ordered arrived from Japan safely. It is to store our daily post!

20150521_3_zpsicgasuzw.jpg

Edited by chiffon

U got such a cute home! ! !

I can imagine...

I really love ur MBR! Cutesy + chic!

Thanks!! Looking forward to tomorrow when I can see everything in daylight. Should get to see more of carpentry work, the place cleared of debris & arrival of washer & fridge. Will finally get to see my flooring once uncovered too. *weekend mood already*

Edited by chiffon

Hey chiffon, sorry back-track a little. Can share the links for the organizer box, mini rose hanger and cake stand?

I found similar organizer boxes but they are like plastic material which is rather inflexible ( http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998025129.2.IIeEOk&id=43656372701&abbucket=_AB-M32_B9&rn=&acm=03054.1003.1.115927&aldid=7MyvDYmu&abtest=_AB-LR32-PR32&scm=1003.1.03054.ITEM_43656372701_115927&pos=2)

TIA! :)

More (pink) stuff that I purchased for our new home. Lots of macarons for decor, hehe.

gallery_66449_747_41221.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Hey chiffon, sorry back-track a little. Can share the links for the organizer box, mini rose hanger and cake stand?

I found similar organizer boxes but they are like plastic material which is rather inflexible ( http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998025129.2.IIeEOk&id=43656372701&abbucket=_AB-M32_B9&rn=&acm=03054.1003.1.115927&aldid=7MyvDYmu&abtest=_AB-LR32-PR32&scm=1003.1.03054.ITEM_43656372701_115927&pos=2)

TIA! :)

Sure!

This is the organizer box I got, but it is also in plastic material, but maybe the plastic is thinner?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.307.u3iTzc&id=35880774496&_u=m1taaa02826f

Mini rose hanger. This shop has a lot of pretty anna-sui-lookalike stuff

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.85.xp5AAl&id=18072763586&_u=m1taaa02ecd0

Cake stand. It comes in white as original color, but the seller also sells it in pink. The one I got came in a lighter shade of pink than what was pictured, which I'm ok with cos I prefer the softerl shade.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.133.u3iTzc&id=42443644235&_u=m1taaa02fdd2

Update over the weekend: Chemcial wash done, the place looks very clean now. Loving my light grey tiles:

20150523_1_zpss5o1gmfr.jpg

Room colors in daytime:

20150523_2_zpso1ontgnp.jpg

PD doors for both baths up:

20150523_3_zpsctivyevd.jpg

PD door for kitchen up. VIew from outside kitchen & view from within.

20150523_7_zpsmffdlyqh.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Room doors arrived unpainted. It took the uncle many hours to paint it this nice brilliant glossy white.

Doors for hubby gameroom & my toyroom up. Really loving the white! Clear glass makes the space look brighter too.

20150523_4_zpsp7a9a1db.jpg

Same design for MBR door except it does not have clear glass:

20150523_5_zps7ei89n8r.jpg

All 3 doors:

20150523_6_zpsnw30rrbi.jpg

Our white walkway, except hubby wants the bomb shelter door painted black.

20150523_8_zps7mghel08.jpg

Hi,

Ur grey tiles looks really nice. What kind of tile is it eg. Homogenous, porcelain.....?

Thank you! They are porcelain tiles.

First look at my bar counter & stools purchased from taobao.(Please ignore the still-wrapped lamp with a faulty bulb & wrong window design yet to be fixed.) Hubby & I fixed it up over the weekend. Took us sometime cos it came without instructions.

Bar counter:

Like: Simple design which is exactly what I wanted & can be customized. I customized the height to be 100cm & the length to be 120cm.

DIslike: I chose white, but it came in a strange tone of white leaning towards light purple. Most likely I will need to spray-paint it to the white color I want. Doesn't feel very sturdy & the shelves looks unbalanced. H'ever, I think for its price, I can't really complain cos it will cost much more here.

Bar stools:

Nothing much to dislike about it. Quite a basic stool & adjustable height.

20150523_9_zpsqqiy9xht.jpg

Hi Chiffon

The MBR door with the clear glass and those for bedroom with purple and grey glass, may I know where can I get more information. I knew of besglas - they sell similar door but I find that the design and material has not change for many years, are they the same as your type.

www.besglas.com

thanks

Hi Chiffon

The MBR door with the clear glass and those for bedroom with purple and grey glass, may I know where can I get more information. I knew of besglas - they sell similar door but I find that the design and material has not change for many years, are they the same as your type.

www.besglas.com

thanks

Hi klkang,

All the glass used is clear see-through glass, I think it is the darkness of the room /wall color behind that causes them to look purple /grey? Doors were basic wooden ones provided by the contractor. I only told them the design I want, which is that it must have a 2 x 4 glass panel in the middle. I think most door companies should have it if you are looking for wooden glass doors, eg. Siong doors, Doctor Doors, etc. I saw this design in their catalogue before. H'ever I'm not sure if they can customize the glass color.

Beglas - I know tthat they do pole system wardrobe, but I'm not sure if they do doors as well. I got a quote from them for a very basic system but it seems pricey, so I'm still sourcing around for a pole system wardrobe that is not too ex. I wanted to get the Stolmen from Ikea but found out it was discontinued...