Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Last electronic purchase:

Actually didn't want to spend more than $200 on a soundbar (I know, lol) cus we both aren't huge enthusiasts hah, and only about watch sitcoms and football on tv but I researched and found this one, so my friend is getting us a discounted price on it. Hopefully it's a good choice. The Philips fidelio was great but way out of budget at $1299-1399. Don't need so good one. Rather buy LV :rofl:

Yamaha YAS 203

image_zpsosy0myqn.jpeg

Last electronic purchase:

Actually didn't want to spend more than $200 on a soundbar (I know, lol) cus we both aren't huge enthusiasts hah, and only about watch sitcoms and football on tv but I researched and found this one, so my friend is getting us a discounted price on it. Hopefully it's a good choice. The Philips fidelio was great but way out of budget at $1299-1399. Don't need so good one. Rather buy LV :rofl:

Yamaha YAS 203

image_zpsosy0myqn.jpeg

Yamaha is good, I am aiming for one of the sound bar from Yamaha as well.

Yamaha is good, I am aiming for one of the sound bar from Yamaha as well.

My dad say for the entry level ones more or less the same already... Yamaha also not much better lol.

But high end one of course got difference. Mine is mid low tier I guess but cnet gave decent reviews for the price! Harmon Kardon out of my budget by too much. But very chio.

Hmmm... this looks familiar....

:notti:

Same as yours bro?

I just googled BEST AFFORDABLE SOUNDBARS and got this and another one (Toshiba or something?)

Hahaha. That means should be not bad choice la!

My dad say for the entry level ones more or less the same already... Yamaha also not much better lol.

But high end one of course got difference. Mine is mid low tier I guess but cnet gave decent reviews for the price! Harmon Kardon out of my budget by too much. But very chio.

On my last trip to Bangkok my friend bring me to Linn Music System shop, till now I still can't forget the sound.

But too bad no $ to buy so also will go for Yamaha.

On my last trip to Bangkok my friend bring me to Linn Music System shop, till now I still can't forget the sound.

But too bad no $ to buy so also will go for Yamaha.

Haha, hubby and I no feeling to sound. :P

Agonizing over my choice of laminate in the guest bath!

It's now a wenge color, slightly lighter than I'd like, and I've requested for silver knobs to be on them to bring out the modern classic feel.

Now the top is a tempered glass white top; plus my square sink and a long rectangular mirror that's sprayed silver on the frames.

It all just went horribly wrong... Only imagination here since I can't know till its up... But seems like the colors are all off.

The laminate should've been a dark matte grey, so the white top and silver mirror could pop.

Other option since cant change laminate is to spray the mirror frame a matte black or dark brown?

Gahhhh kicking myself over the hurried laminate choice.

Hey bykaraanne,

Thanks for dropping by my thread! :thumbs up: Looks like you're almost at the end of your journey! I guess minor hiccups along the way are inevitable...jiayou jiayou! :sport-smiley-003: Hope all the outstanding issues get settled soon! :good:

It's now a wenge color, slightly lighter than I'd like, and I've requested for silver knobs to be on them to bring out the modern classic feel.

Now the top is a tempered glass white top; plus my square sink and a long rectangular mirror that's sprayed silver on the frames.

It all just went horribly wrong... Only imagination here since I can't know till its up... But seems like the colors are all off.

The laminate should've been a dark matte grey, so the white top and silver mirror could pop.

Other option since cant change laminate is to spray the mirror frame a matte black or dark brown?

Do u have the laminate code and brand? I Googled wenge laminates and I tried to visualise. so far I think should be quite ok even if the wenge colour is light. But I think the frame for the mirror should either be same as your wenge colour or the handles.

That way should look more uniform. Just my 2cents. But dont sweat it! Your ID would have let you know if it didnt match!

Logistically speaking, the mirror is the only variable so yeah- it's deffo an option ! Hmm hmm. Dyneed to affix it to the wall ? I'm thinking you cld hold the spray colour off to the last, when evrthg be in and you can see what wld fit best ? After all, your guest B might surprise you by turning out really well ! Then if cannot, you still have your mirror colour to play ard with :)

Cheer up hunny bunny, your guest B can still Work !

Edited by Peachydurians

Maybe you should just retain the existing color of those. But you can add in certain add on to your common bathroom. See how its goes first. I would second Peachy suggestion :)

Thanks guys!!!!

We came to IKEA Alexandra to buy the remaining furniture (yes we are now done with ALL the main furniture in the house except the bomb shelter racks that were OOS here) and found a mirror in the exact shade as the cabinet.

So hubby bit the bullet and bought it.

Now to either sell the silver mirror or place it in my dining area - where it will go but will also look silly cus there's already a lot of mirrors in the living room hahaha!

FURNITURE 1 (LIVING ROOM)

Settled for my two-seater STOCKSUND sofa, it's comfy, the covers are removable, and it fits right into my theme. Everything else would either be too classic or too modern.

The beige is much lighter in real life, which I love. :wub: We got the last set at IKEA Alexandra!

stocksund-two-seat-sofa__0378854_PE55622

Followed this hack and spraypainted the VITTJSO coffee table gold. Love it! We unfortunately need to respray everything due to the dust not allowing the spray paint to adhere properly. It just scrapes right off. So we're redoing everything once the chemical wash is done.

ee19298b1a6fae2eddeaf4faaa42a12c.jpg

(NicoletteMason.com)

We chose to have a faux fireplace as our TV Console. This item has already arrived in Singapore last week but due to hubby's work schedule, we could only have it delivered this Wednesday. BAH! Really hoping it turns out right.

TB2A9eCdpXXXXayXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!2117730406

For extra seating, we went with ghost chairs (2) with a pouffe in between for extra storage (as an end table) and also as a leg rest when not required.

0100991_PE244541_S3.JPG4ce754f1cd0978a32484353daf368b8c.jpg

Poufs from Spotlight were to add additional seating and to make the whole house cozier. Got two of these in cream and light grey.

EQ3-Pouf-3220-906-0-Ottoman.jpg