Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

FURNITURE 2 (DINING AREA)

Wenge extendable dining table from FortyTwo. Got this because most extendable tables at IKEA did not allow for ample room between the legs for two chairs, but this did.

14m8211.png

Got four of these chairs from Taobao. They are considered "custom made" so I am still waiting for them. They are taking soooooo long. I ordered them since mid-October and they just got dispatched. By sea, it's only gonna reach me just about time for my move in in end November.

TB1QaytJFXXXXaBXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-rate.jpg

Entryway table for decor and knick knacks. Decided not to go with black as the dining area right next to it is already dark (albeit with light carpet) so wanted to brighten the entryway a little. Plus, it'll be right next to a mint door! This fits with the assumption that we never open the smaller leaf of our main door. LOL!

arkelstorp-window-table-white__0284213_P

BOMB SHELTER AND SERVICE YARD (STORAGE)

I got the ALGOT custom combi for my Service Yard's bare side -- totally free of pipings. Was gonna get for both sides but my washer dryer side is impeded due to the shifted gas heater. BAH! Still don't know what to do with that space, don't want my rabbits going in to bite wires or pee inside. They can get naughty when they want to!

We got 1 x 58CM metal shelf for the table height shelf and 3 x 38CM metal shelves for the top shelves (for detergents and laundry and cleaning stuff). The space below is deliberately kept higher so that the rabbits don't feel so claustrophobic (that's their litter tray and eating space) and it's easy for us to change their litter trays with ease. :) We thought long and hard about this placement! My bunnies will only get the SY, kitchen and living room to run about in and the corridor + rooms will be totally closed out. This is a change since my buns are VERY SPOILED with a big space to run about in. But we didn't want the litter and hay strewn all around the living room, which will be shown to guests (and they get messy if they want to!!) so the SY seemed like the wisest option.

algot-wall-upright-shelves-white__033098

Bought two of these (120cm wide) racks for my bomb shelter. They are not as "sturdy" as the boltless ones that everyone uses I suppose? But they are prettier to the hubby and I and I love the rounded corners on it all. 50kg per shelf is more than enough for us. I love that I can change it out as and when I like plus add on shorter ones if I need more space. Win win!

mulig-shelving-unit-white__0196353_PE353

Edited by bykaraanne

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

FURNITURE 3 (MASTER BEDROOM)

Got this cream suede storage bed frame from FortyTwo. Fits all my criteria and my theme!

11sdws1.png

2 x Mirrored Sidetables for bedside storage

image_zpsf3vnxukz.jpeg

Followed the idea for this wardrobe from IKEA for my bedroom. We're attempting to customize the top to make it fit like custom (I do NOT like custom made carpentry. I do not like the finish. Especially after seeing the results of my kitchen cabinets. They look fine, even great to others, but the finishing of IKEA is impeccable). We also loved getting glass shelves and nice drawers for our insides and compartmentalized for everything I could possibly need! They are the 5 panel doors + gold hardware which we obviously spraypainted. Haha!

d6bdccd5933e7aa27bf062fca0c9a90b.jpg

(madebygirl.blogspot.com)

Have loved this dressing table for years! With a bit of DIY (think adding gold hoop drawer pulls to the drawer), this is gonna be the TV console in the master bedroom. The idea was hotels, where TV and the work desk shared a table. Additional space for make up, my hubby to game and anything else in between.

malm-dressing-table-white__0132192_PE286

FURNITURE 4 (OFFICE)

This is my barest space of all! So far, I've only purchased 2 pieces of furniture because... the room is small and I want to squeeze every inch out of it.

The desk that I've been eyeing for a while. Sturdy and clean looking which makes my iMac pop. :) This is the place where I spend the most time in since I work from home. I have yet to find a suitable swivel chair or a classic chair that I liked enough. BOO.

alex-desk-white__0242202_PE381724_S4.JPG

And this will be super decorated with my favorite things (coffeetable books and gold vases) for my desk background. So when I'm Skyping on my iMac, this is what my clients and friends see! I Skype a lot since my clients and work friends are mostly based in the US and the UK, so I can't have it facing something ugly!

fjalkinge-shelving-unit-with-drawers-whi

Still hunting for a work chair and sofa bed for this space. I also found an old IKEA PS side table that I am going to spray paint for this room. Should probably need more storage (maybe a 2 door BESTA storage that fits under the windows) and if I can fit in another small desk for the hubby, that'll be great!

And that concludes my furniture hunt, mostly. I also have MOST of my decor settled (all carpets done; most flowers done; pending spray painting rocks to gold for bookends and an order for coffeetable books from Amazon; all wall art done except for one Etsy London prints order for my office).

So much done... counting down to move in.. yay!

Haha yep! Though it will only look complete (LOL I am an impatient bunny) around the 2x November, by next week it should look very much like a home already.

Settling the loose ends then PACK PACK PACK!!!

FURNITURE 3 (MASTER BEDROOM)

Got this cream suede storage bed frame from FortyTwo. Fits all my criteria and my theme!

11sdws1.png

2 x Mirrored Sidetables for bedside storage

image_zpsf3vnxukz.jpeg

Followed the idea for this wardrobe from IKEA for my bedroom. We're attempting to customize the top to make it fit like custom (I do NOT like custom made carpentry. I do not like the finish. Especially after seeing the results of my kitchen cabinets. They look fine, even great to others, but the finishing of IKEA is impeccable). We also loved getting glass shelves and nice drawers for our insides and compartmentalized for everything I could possibly need! They are the 5 panel doors + gold hardware which we obviously spraypainted. Haha!

d6bdccd5933e7aa27bf062fca0c9a90b.jpg

(madebygirl.blogspot.com)

Have loved this dressing table for years! With a bit of DIY (think adding gold hoop drawer pulls to the drawer), this is gonna be the TV console in the master bedroom. The idea was hotels, where TV and the work desk shared a table. Additional space for make up, my hubby to game and anything else in between.

malm-dressing-table-white__0132192_PE286

HI...

Your renovations are coming very well together.. Can't wait for the finish product... :sport-smiley-018:

A little tip with the dressing table. I have 1 previously at my dad's place. Its great and still standing strong. :jammin: Only downside, you need to screw it to the wall for better support or it's easily shaken and the base of the drawer is a little flimsy. You might want to DIY on another layer of support underneath so it will not break within 2 years. Otherwise, it's a great dresser. :good:

HI...

Your renovations are coming very well together.. Can't wait for the finish product... :sport-smiley-018:

A little tip with the dressing table. I have 1 previously at my dad's place. Its great and still standing strong. :jammin: Only downside, you need to screw it to the wall for better support or it's easily shaken and the base of the drawer is a little flimsy. You might want to DIY on another layer of support underneath so it will not break within 2 years. Otherwise, it's a great dresser. :good:

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely secure it to the wall. I don't think I have it in me to DIY the support underneath... But I'm not intending to put anything heavy in it (remote controls and makeup maybe) so hopefully it'll hold up. :)

FURNITURE 4 (OFFICE)

This is my barest space of all! So far, I've only purchased 2 pieces of furniture because... the room is small and I want to squeeze every inch out of it.

The desk that I've been eyeing for a while. Sturdy and clean looking which makes my iMac pop. :) This is the place where I spend the most time in since I work from home. I have yet to find a suitable swivel chair or a classic chair that I liked enough. BOO.

alex-desk-white__0242202_PE381724_S4.JPG

And this will be super decorated with my favorite things (coffeetable books and gold vases) for my desk background. So when I'm Skyping on my iMac, this is what my clients and friends see! I Skype a lot since my clients and work friends are mostly based in the US and the UK, so I can't have it facing something ugly!

fjalkinge-shelving-unit-with-drawers-whi

Still hunting for a work chair and sofa bed for this space. I also found an old IKEA PS side table that I am going to spray paint for this room. Should probably need more storage (maybe a 2 door BESTA storage that fits under the windows) and if I can fit in another small desk for the hubby, that'll be great!

And that concludes my furniture hunt, mostly. I also have MOST of my decor settled (all carpets done; most flowers done; pending spray painting rocks to gold for bookends and an order for coffeetable books from Amazon; all wall art done except for one Etsy London prints order for my office).

Can almost see your completed project alr!!! So excited for you! The study desk and book shelf where you get from?

Hi,bykaraanne, I have the same bed but in different color. Yeppy! Btw, I have pm-ed you about your room doors, hope to hear from you.

The finishing look so clean... I was thinking of getting the HEMNES Bookcase...

Haha yep, theirs is pretty great. Love jazzing IKEA stuff up.

Hi,bykaraanne, I have the same bed but in different color. Yeppy! Btw, I have pm-ed you about your room doors, hope to hear from you.

Replied already.

Am getting really, really tired.

I don't even wanna talk to my contractor anymore cus I'm so burnt out, so gonna let my hubby handle for this last week.

Glass works have been done and kitchen door looks great! But my tempered glass top for the vanity is in the wrong color.

Tomorrow the carpenter will come again for discussion of rectifications, plus my fireplace is coming tomorrow, then Thursday we will be clearing the debris after the plumber leaves. Friday the solid top guys are coming, and Saturday will proceed with chemical wash as scheduled.

Hopefully the plumber can come after solid top and debris removal after that so they don't have to come down for two trips.

Hai. Can't wait for it all to be over.

Am getting really, really tired.

I don't even wanna talk to my contractor anymore cus I'm so burnt out, so gonna let my hubby handle for this last week.

Glass works have been done and kitchen door looks great! But my tempered glass top for the vanity is in the wrong color.

Tomorrow the carpenter will come again for discussion of rectifications, plus my fireplace is coming tomorrow, then Thursday we will be clearing the debris after the plumber leaves. Friday the solid top guys are coming, and Saturday will proceed with chemical wash as scheduled.

Hopefully the plumber can come after solid top and debris removal after that so they don't have to come down for two trips.

Hai. Can't wait for it all to be over.

You've done a wonderful job coordinating and it's coming to the end of your journey! Hang in there! I can't wait to see your end product!!

加油!加油!Your house is so nice and about to complete... just last dash of 400m and you are done! I know the discussion with many parties are sooo exhausting right? Just spoke to aircon uncle and he doesn't bring me good news :( but I'll see it through somehow... cheers!