Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

lack of stock for the solid top is a definate bummer since my original choice with the granite was the same too.

Don't know too many reno going on these days haha or lack of stones going around :)

Gold looks great...its too fast too furious from here really. Congrats.

haha. i think our timing is quite lucky as all of us are in the final phases of the renovation now.

my contractor told me today that he secured 8 new projects this week alone. i think its their BOOM time as everyone collecting keys and so many blocks are nearing completion.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Marble solid top coming SATURDAY!!

SY Windows and Bifold doors supposedly today, Edmund wants to push it to after plumbing.

Room doors TOMORROW!

Carpentry touch up TOMORROW!

glass door and vanity NEXT TUESDAY!

Plumbing NEXT WEDNESDAY!

Chemical washing NEXT SATURDAY!

Handover also on Saturday. Monday all the furniture will come in.

Then....... Paint door following Saturday! + paint touch up

So exciting!!! Can move in soon!!!:D Engage movers yet?

So exciting!!! Can move in soon!!!:D Engage movers yet?

Don't need movers this time round. Limiting ourselves to 10 boxes (plus some new purchases in boxes) so we can transport over with my uncle's car... Not bringing any furniture along, all leave for my landlord... :)

Don't need movers this time round. Limiting ourselves to 10 boxes (plus some new purchases in boxes) so we can transport over with my uncle's car... Not bringing any furniture along, all leave for my landlord... :)

That's easy. Means you can move in even sooner :D

I just booked my movers for end Dec... a little bit kiasu hahaha... But they will send the boxes to us first...so can start packing :P

lack of stock for the solid top is a definate bummer since my original choice with the granite was the same too.

Don't know too many reno going on these days haha or lack of stones going around :)

Gold looks great...its too fast too furious from here really. Congrats.

Best lor bro, Silestone Lagoon also out of stock. Stocks only coming in on 1st week of November.

Think you were right, lack of stones everywhere.

Have to wait till Tuesday to see if that bloody salesman calls my contractor.

Miffed with him because (1) he was the guy who promised the solid top would come tomorrow; (2) after repeated calls to Evershine HQ to confirm that the new shipment would come Tuesday and would be rush-fabricated for Friday/Saturday next week, he still refuses to call my contractor to confirm this piece of information. He called today just to tell him "Tuesday then update you" when Evershine HQ promised us in four phone calls that it will be expedited for us.

:curse::curse::curse:

I am pissed. Not because I am in a rush to move in (lease ends 26 November, and I love living here, so no worries there), but all my bulky furniture have been pushed back multiple times and my TB and Amazon loots are also due the week of 9th November. I guess, just ask Edmund to chemical wash and proceed with everything and wait on the solid top. Also, I just want people to do their jobs properly. I understand things happen (we can't control stocks and deliveries!) but at least have a plan B and liaise with us, right? Instead of making the end consumer call and call. The poor office people who were burdened by this irresponsible salesman!

My contractor actually refused to schedule anything because he didn't want to have to repeatedly reschedule and cause unhappiness with workers. But I cannot take this rescheduling and rescheduling anymore already la! My current rental space going to explode already... Need to start moving things over to the new house. (Packed boxes have to be lifted from the ground due to my bunnies, and I am living in a studio space. The stackable space basically only allows for 4 big boxes. :help:

Sprayed handles:

image_zpseeprjosx.jpeg

Do you have a close up of the handle? and Does the sprayed handle look glossy? Just went ikea earlier i noticed yours similar to one of those that i saw there.

Was toying with a idea of buying from Ikea at couple a bucks for 2 pieces and electroplate it gold colour from a metal treatment house. However just found out that plating cost for each is like 20nucks so gave up that idea. I like a polished and gloss handle look but not confident of Diying spray to that effect.

Seriously, I hate irresponsible pple too... they never think of all the downstream problems *grrr*... hope you get your stone soon or can you start arranging the rest of the rooms first while waiting for the counter to be done?

Seriously, I hate irresponsible pple too... they never think of all the downstream problems *grrr*... hope you get your stone soon or can you start arranging the rest of the rooms first while waiting for the counter to be done?

I know! Haha you get me.

Not say I wanna be angry... Just that being irresponsible is annoying.

Yeah but everything is almost done. As of today left plumbing works and bifold doors and SY Windows only. Room doors up but yet to be painted. And the kitchen glass door / vanity top.

So I guess... Will go according to plan and hope that they fulfill their Tuesday / Friday promises. Then if not, chemical wash first lor...

Edited by bykaraanne

On to happier things. All lights and electrical work officially done today. :dancingqueen:

Sockets are all up (changed the SY one to double socket; added one at the dining area so we can have steamboat without having to use extension plug (don't say never share idea hor :notti: ), one extra each for each room (near the door, since the provided sockets are all at the window side)!

My kitchen is also mostly wired. Finally starting to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. :sport-smiley-003:

Also my doors are up but sooo yellow since according to Edmund, this is natural beauty, non-made up doors. They will be painted when my main door + gate gets painted. :good:

With my LED strip lights on + the carpentry is mostly fixed!

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2003%2000%20PM_zpsa

22W is, as you can see more than bright enough for my kitchen ceiling light. The whole house is so bright!

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2001%2053%20PM_zps6

Switch area + added a double socket here with Edmund's advice even though we thought already enough. But more better than less I guess?

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2001%2053%20PM_zps6

Office / Guest BR fan + light:

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2004%2010%20PM_zpss

Seeing the boxes disappear is like... BEST FEELING EVER.

Unpainted doors with my gold handles, view from living room (they WILL be painted white):

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2007%2053%20PM_zpsp

MBR Door:

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2005%2002%20PM_zpsv

Office Door:

Photo%2029-10-15%207%2004%2026%20PM_zpsc

They will both be painted same white as the door frame. Like them so far, very storybook feel. When white, hopefully the "London" / modern classic feel would pop even more.

Edited by bykaraanne

Do you have a close up of the handle? and Does the sprayed handle look glossy? Just went ikea earlier i noticed yours similar to one of those that i saw there.

Was toying with a idea of buying from Ikea at couple a bucks for 2 pieces and electroplate it gold colour from a metal treatment house. However just found out that plating cost for each is like 20nucks so gave up that idea. I like a polished and gloss handle look but not confident of Diying spray to that effect.

Mine were provided by the carpenter since they had almost similar designs as IKEA so I didn't have to buy extra.

Yes, plating is very ex, I have also tried to ask. You can also consider ordering Kohler ones from Amazon, but they are much shorter and also costly (US$20 for one).

They are pretty shiny, but due to dust they look less shiny now. I also sprayed with clear lacquer. If time permits, I will remove them all and sand them down and respray them all over again It takes skill. But if you want it to be as shiny as the golden tap I bought, then no, I don't think anything can get you that effect with spray paint.

LOL,.... your picture always will pop out the LV bag hahahah

purposely one hor.... :P

:rofl:

You never say I also don't know it's there lor!

Tmrw I change bag already then cannot see liao :P

Pls paint the doors... they look 'bleah' and so not fitting into the theme... imho

Ehhhh I think you didn't read my post.

They will be painted white (like the white door frames) when everything is in.

Edmund doesn't want anyone to scrap or dirty them before I move in. :)

And I don't think anyone in Singapore has ever let these stay raw lor. The edges are wood colored leh... LOL

Edited by bykaraanne