Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

For electrical points, my advice is to:-

1) over cater - you will definitely find the points insufficient and start to add multi-point adapters, which may not be safe

2) ask for dual point sockets - most cost efficient compared to single point sockets

3) have some on the opposite wall - you will need them

For TV points, no comments if you are installing SCV points. But practically useless to instal the traditional rooftop antennae TV points, whether private or HDB. This network is scheduled to be decommissioned. Supposed to have been done last month already.

Thanks Ks Toh! As we discussed,more and more were added in and I think we were a bit KS! Even ID commented were had more than usual...we r just being cautious. For TV we had like almost whole row of double sockets!! Cross fingers it's enough ...hehehe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Check with the shop? I bought items from Seahorse and Nook & Cranny and they were willing to delay delivery for up to 2 months...

Kind of hard..most we saw on sale kind and they required us to deliver by certain time... Hence we dare not even look at the pieces...Guess we will slowly hunt after we shifted in...

Hi twinklecloud!

Don't worry, there is no such thing as overcater for electrical points like Ks Toh said! You never knew what new gadgets will become super important in the future that you suddenly need power for. 5-10 years ago we didn't all have tablets and laptops and smart TVs in every room etc.

Agree with the TV point issue that Ks Toh mentioned, I was referring to cable TV point. If you buy a TV recently most of them should have digital antenna for free-to-air channels if you don't want to connect to cable or Mio TV or to Viewqwest etc.

For furniture, just ask the shop. We usually will just ask them for how long they can keep the furniture for us after purchase and have gotten varying duration, the longest we've heard is 3 months. Most places will hold for 1 to 2 months, but not too sure about sale items.

Hey Ricepapergirl!!

Really a big headache when it comes to electrical points....it's like never enough.

But thanks alot for the advise!! We managed to sort out all the issues with ID...*cross fingers*

Edited by twinklecloud

Swing

Not sure if anyone has done any for their house..

We are actually looking at putting swing at the balcony area for kids as well as a relaxing corner for the family

something like below

pallet_zps2db3fb8e.jpg

images_zpsawktpd87.jpg

Still trying to figure out how to do it.. anyone can help? :~ ID said he has never done it before..

Swing

Not sure if anyone has done any for their house..

We are actually looking at putting swing at the balcony area for kids as well as a relaxing corner for the family

something like below

pallet_zps2db3fb8e.jpg

images_zpsawktpd87.jpg

Still trying to figure out how to do it.. anyone can help? :~ ID said he has never done it before..

Hey twinklecloud! I've never encountered this before so I can't advise. It's a very pretty swing, fingers crossed for you that you'll find a solution eventually!

twinklecloud,

for electrical point I agree with all the above kakis just don't too worry too much, go for a bit extra will last you longer I think. Because you might need more and more because how technology changes these day. I am so regret that I only have 6 power points at my TV area, because I think I might need more very soon.

for furniture, you can just ask them, most of it are ok to help you to hold your stock. some shop don't even have stock and they might need to wait for the shipment, so don't wait till last min only go for furniture shopping, because if no stock sometime shipping might take a long time.

Hi twinklecloud!

The swing! Wow! I really hope you can do it! wouldn't you have to suspend it from your new roof at the balcony? So long as the new roof can sustain the weight it should be fine?

Alternatively how about those swings that come with the frames themselves? Like the swing chairs here: http://www.fortytwo.sg/living-room/seating/swinging-chairs.html. I think Hipvan also has some.

Or the old school garden swings?? I had one of these when I was a kid and it would be really fun to have one I think:

http://www.ongkianhim.com/products/residential_garden_swings/

Hey twinklecloud! I've never encountered this before so I can't advise. It's a very pretty swing, fingers crossed for you that you'll find a solution eventually!

thanks Owlbear!! we are still trying to find a solution to this challenge! hehe.. I gave many challenges to my ID.. so far he managed to solve them.. so cross finger.. hehe. thanks for poping by!

twinklecloud,

for electrical point I agree with all the above kakis just don't too worry too much, go for a bit extra will last you longer I think. Because you might need more and more because how technology changes these day. I am so regret that I only have 6 power points at my TV area, because I think I might need more very soon.

for furniture, you can just ask them, most of it are ok to help you to hold your stock. some shop don't even have stock and they might need to wait for the shipment, so don't wait till last min only go for furniture shopping, because if no stock sometime shipping might take a long time.

Thanks nextstep!!! u shifted in already? I tot i was KS by putting 6 powerpoints at my TV area and now u mentioned u need more? :jawdrop:

Yeah.. we got to start hunting for furniture.. May I ask u, when do u get the furniture to deliver?can U advise please?thank you!

Hi twinklecloud!

The swing! Wow! I really hope you can do it! wouldn't you have to suspend it from your new roof at the balcony? So long as the new roof can sustain the weight it should be fine?

Alternatively how about those swings that come with the frames themselves? Like the swing chairs here: http://www.fortytwo.sg/living-room/seating/swinging-chairs.html. I think Hipvan also has some.

Or the old school garden swings?? I had one of these when I was a kid and it would be really fun to have one I think:

http://www.ongkianhim.com/products/residential_garden_swings/

Hey ricepapergirl, yes yes that's what we have in mind to lift the swing off the ground..hehe we did see something like what u mentioned

black-cocoon-swing-chair-blue-cushion_zp

But we wanted something that can fit the whole family (greedy) heehee.. and with back rest.. so now still hunting and exploring..

Yes yes the old school swing.. hehe.. but not possible coz afraid the kids will swing super high and bang the wall or roof.. not safe..

hanging lights

I need two hanging lights in the dining and kitchen area...

saw these two but not really impressed..

AlxTrlxObZNW0egzWxVUrlzZ_TcrkSncQz5C7v3e

i feel three is too much...looking for two..

20160121060302_zpsgqsab4eo.jpg

or anyone has recommendation where to go to find these kinds of retro hanging lights? =)

Thanks nextstep!!! u shifted in already? I tot i was KS by putting 6 powerpoints at my TV area and now u mentioned u need more? :jawdrop:

Yeah.. we got to start hunting for furniture.. May I ask u, when do u get the furniture to deliver?can U advise please?thank you!

So sorry for the late reply, no lah, be busy packing (I don't like to PACK!!!) wish I can throw everything and just move in with all new item just because I am lazzy.

My furniture only start coming in this week, but still got those bigger item yet to be delivered.

I think my sofa and divan will only come on the 30th

Twinklecloud,

For electrical point, I have one installed above the door as suggested by someone from renotalk (I think it's kstoh). This in case you want to have a cctv installed.

or anyone has recommendation where to go to find these kinds of retro hanging lights? =)

Heya! Are you open to shopping on taobao? Because they have quite a nice selection at very affordable prices.

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=loft+%E5%90%8A%E7%81%AF&imgfile=&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=item&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a21bo.7724922.8452-taobao-item.1&ie=utf8&initiative_id=tbindexz_20160124