Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Twinklecloud,

For electrical point, I have one installed above the door as suggested by someone from renotalk (I think it's kstoh). This in case you want to have a cctv installed.

Khng, thanks for the highlight! i din think of that! is the cctv installed outside the house or ?do u have a pic to show?if u do not mind?

thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did not install the cctv and it's just a contingency. I hope I don't need it.

In theory, you will need a power source near to the cctv outside the house.

Swing

Not sure if anyone has done any for their house..

We are actually looking at putting swing at the balcony area for kids as well as a relaxing corner for the family

something like below

pallet_zps2db3fb8e.jpg

images_zpsawktpd87.jpg

Still trying to figure out how to do it.. anyone can help? :~ ID said he has never done it before..

Hi it can be done. You need to use expansion bolts on the ceiling and hang the weight on these bolts. The more you pull the bolt down, the more the bolt expands inside the concrete, and holds it in place. You can get these bolts from any hardware store.

However, please check the loading capacity of the bolt. Your chair looks very heavy. I think you will need at least 2 bolts on each side, total 4. One example is to install two sets of the following steel ring, using expansion bolts. My frangipani tree was in danger of falling to one side, so I used this to secure the tree to a wall. This steel ring holder is actually used to hang KDK and other fans from the ceiling. You can get from most hardware stores.

24238403119_4206403f84.jpg

24497829652_a281300ff6.jpg

However, please do check what bolt you require. I fear that such a chair with your entire family may be very heavy.

I have a bubble chair suspended from the ceiling. For that chair, the installer fabricated a steel ring which used 4 expansion bolts.

23978362564_02f2aa4f92.jpg

Hi it can be done. You need to use expansion bolts on the ceiling and hang the weight on these bolts. The more you pull the bolt down, the more the bolt expands inside the concrete, and holds it in place. You can get these bolts from any hardware store.

However, please check the loading capacity of the bolt. Your chair looks very heavy. I think you will need at least 2 bolts on each side, total 4. One example is to install two sets of the following steel ring, using expansion bolts. My frangipani tree was in danger of falling to one side, so I used this to secure the tree to a wall. This steel ring holder is actually used to hang KDK and other fans from the ceiling. You can get from most hardware stores.

24238403119_4206403f84.jpg

24497829652_a281300ff6.jpg

However, please do check what bolt you require. I fear that such a chair with your entire family may be very heavy.

I have a bubble chair suspended from the ceiling. For that chair, the installer fabricated a steel ring which used 4 expansion bolts.

23978362564_02f2aa4f92.jpg

Ks toh!! u r a saver! thank you! I was still sourcing ard... We havent decided on the chair yet.. but looking at the range..

Btw have u installed your bubble chair already?

wow!! so many varieties! thanks for the link! will u be getting from there?

I did not install the cctv and it's just a contingency. I hope I don't need it.

In theory, you will need a power source near to the cctv outside the house.

Yes, I find it very useful to have web cameras and I have DIY installed a number of D-link web cameras all over my place. For such web cameras, you will need (a) a power supply and (b) internet connection.

Whether the power point is inside or outside depends on where you want to site your camera. I suppose for non-landed, it is usually not possible to have the power point outside the flat.

I provided more information on my blog. While visiting, don't forget to watch the videos captured by my webcams of intruders in the middle of the night.

Edited by Ks Toh

Ks toh!! u r a saver! thank you! I was still sourcing ard... We havent decided on the chair yet.. but looking at the range..

Btw have u installed your bubble chair already?

Yes, I have. See here.

I am not sure how big is your balcony. But swing chairs do take up a lot of space.

Yes, I have. See here.

I am not sure how big is your balcony. But swing chairs do take up a lot of space.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:OMG! your bubble chair is awesome!!! so highclass!! plus it's glass at the bottom... so so nice!!!! can share how much u paid? :notti::notti:

balcony not exactly very huge.. we are still sourcing

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:OMG! your bubble chair is awesome!!! so highclass!! plus it's glass at the bottom... so so nice!!!! can share how much u paid? :notti::notti:

balcony not exactly very huge.. we are still sourcing

My wife says it is $900+. It's a replica. The original should be about 10 times this price!

By the way, when you say "digital lock with webcam", I suppose you meant digital door viewer in place of the traditional peephole door viewer. Such devices are good to view and record (if your device has this function) activities outside your door. A webcam installed inside your house will not be able to view or record things outside your door, since the webcam cannot see through the door.

However, a webcam installed inside your house will be able to view and record what is going on inside your house. Additionally, it has more functions e.g. ability to view on your mobile from outside the house. It's a "web" camera. On the other hand, I am not sure if the digital door viewers have web capabilities yet.

My wife says it is $900+. It's a replica. The original should be about 10 times this price!

By the way, when you say "digital lock with webcam", I suppose you meant digital door viewer in place of the traditional peephole door viewer. Such devices are good to view and record (if your device has this function) activities outside your door. A webcam installed inside your house will not be able to view or record things outside your door, since the webcam cannot see through the door.

However, a webcam installed inside your house will be able to view and record what is going on inside your house. Additionally, it has more functions e.g. ability to view on your mobile from outside the house. It's a "web" camera. On the other hand, I am not sure if the digital door viewers have web capabilities yet.

Yes yes.. the digital door viewer.. (oops pardon me, havent do homework on this)

yeah... the word is "web" the digital door viewer cannot achieve the web camera effect.. thanks for the highlight.. will discuss with ID and see if we can get the point up.. Thank u very much!

Can i ask another question?

May i know how to put the blog link at the bottom of my reply? hehe. thanks once again

Edited by twinklecloud

Decided against the digital lock for now. Might get for main door at later date but trying to keep within budget for now

Have u installed your gate?how is it? hehe... so looking forward to see the gate!

Oooh your balcony roof is up!! Nice nice! How do you intend to clean it? Reaching out from the MBR window? Cos yours is glass so if you don't clean sometimes you can see the shadow of the debris etc from below. We thought about it for a bit but my husband says he prefers to clean the floor of the balcony than have to clean the roof of the balcony from above.

I just checked back on your picture of your stairs, just wondering whether you would be building anything underneath the staircase? Like storage area? Maybe if that wall is up it would look more like your original mood picture?

Hi twinklecloud!

You mentioned some posts back on how to add your blog link to the bottom of the post. It's actually your forum signature.

You can edit your forum signature by scrolling to the top of the page, top right-hand corner where you click on your username (twinklecloud) and in the menu you should click "My Settings". Then in the My Settings page you should click on "Signature" on the left hand side column. There you can just put whatever you like in the signature box and it will show up at the bottom of every forum reply/post you make. This includes links (like a link to your T-blog). Hope that helps!