Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi twinklecloud!

Yeah I was thinking if you didn't want to feel so cramped you could just have one fixed shower screen (not L-shaped) because actually the spray from a showerhead/rainshower wouldn't go super far and at most you need a screen to shield the sidespray onto your WC or your vanity. Also less glass to have to clean.

For us, we are keeping the original configuration of the MBR bathroom so we are just sticking the shower area in one quarter and not building any shower screen at all since the bathroom is so big.

thanks ricepapergirl! now the tiles and pipes all done.. it's kind of hard to switch.. have to think of new ways to solve this problem.. =(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Alternatively, maybe try a sliding door instead of a swing door for your entrance into the toilet? Maybe slide towards your vanity if towards the right is not possible (I'm guessing those are pipes the box with the X on it). You mentioned your vanity pipes are in but the actual vanity isn't yet right? Can mount slightly away from the wall so that the sliding door can fit inside?

sounds like a good plan! will talk to my ID to see if it's feasible.

Edited by twinklecloud

I never used my Brandt hood (coz I use my outdoor kitchen). So I have turned it on only a few times for the past 2 years. But just the other day when I turned it on, it suddenly stopped. I had to call the extended warranty hotline to arrange for repairs. I think the repairman said something to the effect that "the starter spoilt". I do use my other Brandt hob almost every day and it is working fine. Brandt is ok. I think it is the less premium sister of De Dietrich? i would say all cooker hoods spoil after some time.

Yes, if the horizontal fixed glass panel is long enough, past your body and usual landing zone of the water spray, you do not need a door on the right. I have done it before. But you do need a kerb (unless your shower area is stepped down) to prevent water from flowing out.

thanks for the hoods review! =)

yes. my shower area is stepped down.

can share pic of what u have done? =)

Edited by twinklecloud

master toilet

Today went down to discuss with ID how to solve the WC position. the leg space bet WC and shower screen is very cramp that's y he proposed

to put 3 panels of sliding door to the shower area. so when not in used the screen can be open n the area will be spacious.

we decided on bifold door but i will try to ask him on the few suggestions ricepapergirl and kstoh suggested to see if it's feasible. =) personally i still prefer swing door. just my preference.

Now I have another issue due to this, he is not able to put in seatee anymore coz it's not nice and very cramp in the shower area.. =(

guess i cant have the best of both worlds? or anyone out there can have any good suggestions?

master%20WC_zps9sh4ccpg.jpg

Edited by twinklecloud

Can the toilet swing door open from the front, i.e. Swing open towards you instead of swinging in? This will make the toilet more spacious without the door in the way when you are inside and not closing the door.

it is not possible to swing towards as my entrance door is quite near. may bang into someone if he happen to come in and i happen to open the door..

Kitchen tiles

initially decided on these for the kitchen flooring

kitchen%20tile_zpscayhp5ke.jpg

but atlas my floor is too small and ID has already ordered and he showed me it was not possible to see the design i wanted and asked if I wanted to think twice before he lay the tiles..He then offered to let me change my tiles and he will think of ways to return the tiles back to the shop and order another batch! :good: to his service!

so now i chose these instead.. black and white combi... hope it will work out nice..

kitchen%20flooring_zps8fwqwilq.jpg

thanks for the hoods review! =)

yes. my shower area is stepped down.

can share pic of what u have done? =)

IMG_2697_zpsudgrpthz.jpg

Sorry, not able to take a complete picture of the toilet. Camera not wide angled enough. To the right is my vanity top / basin. I took this picture from the toilet door. For the shower area, I only have a fixed glass panel that prevents water splash to the rest of the toilet.

Edited by Ks Toh

IMG_2697_zpsudgrpthz.jpg

Sorry, not able to take a complete picture of the toilet. Camera not wide angled enough. To the right is my vanity top / basin. I took this picture from the toilet door. For the shower area, I only have a fixed glass panel that prevents water splash to the rest of the toilet.

Looks good! If I take the same design will means I have to shift the WC..do u mind sharing how much space u have bet WC and the glass screen?

if shift the toilet bowl, the leg space for the right leg might be quite cramp... =( what do u think?

I had space constraint too when renovating my place and went ahead to shift the toilet bowl. Doing so, the leg space for the right leg is cramped with little space (as the picture shown here):

MBR%20Toilet%201_zpsvovnjwlk.jpg

It was what my architect designer proposed. Though it was with heavy heart to go ahead, looking back it was the right thing. It was just a matter for me to get used to it. The reason was to create a space for the shower area. As in the picture below, the glass door of the shower area swings into the shower area. It can't even swing all the way in but enough to get me inside.

MBR%20Toilet%202_zps5zcxwajt.jpg

Edited by Reiki

Looks good! If I take the same design will means I have to shift the WC..do u mind sharing how much space u have bet WC and the glass screen?

I am no longer able to measure the distance. This was my previous place.But as can be seen from the picture, I recall the space was just wide enough to put a small dustbin (from Howards) and a toilet roll holder. I recall that I had to specially choose a toilet roll holder where the roll is placed vertically (usual is horizontal). Although there is sufficient space to mount the toilet roll holder horizontally, it would be difficult to insert the toilet roll. I do not remember any problems with the leg space.

On shifting the WC, I have no idea how people do it. The WC outlet is bored through the floor slab (into the unit below) and so the location of this outlet is fixed and practically impossible to shift. The most that can be done is to orientate the WC to face a different direction, while still using the same outlet. Or alternatively, if you place your WC at a different location, you need to have some fairly large PVC piping to carry the discharge back to this outlet. Side elevation drawing of a typical WC here.

Edited by Ks Toh

I had space constraint too when renovating my place and went ahead to shift the toilet bowl. Doing so, the leg space for the right leg is cramped with little space (as the picture shown here):

MBR%20Toilet%201_zpsvovnjwlk.jpg

It was what my architect designer proposed. Though it was with heavy heart to go ahead, looking back it was the right thing. It was just a matter for me to get used to it. The reason was to create a space for the shower area. As in the picture below, the glass door of the shower area swings into the shower area. It can't even swing all the way in but enough to get me inside.

MBR%20Toilet%202_zps5zcxwajt.jpg

thanks!! btw your rug looks super fitting!! care to share where u go it! hehee

i like the idea of a plant in the bathroom!! thanks for sharing!

Decided not to shift the toilet bowl position and just install one panel glass instead of 3 coz i am afraid of maintenance :D . Spoken to ID and wanted to do a sliding door at the entrance instead and he said it could be done! hehe.. so now my MBR toilet has amble space.. glad that everything turn out fine... *cross finger*

I am no longer able to measure the distance. This was my previous place.But as can be seen from the picture, I recall the space was just wide enough to put a small dustbin (from Howards) and a toilet roll holder. I recall that I had to specially choose a toilet roll holder where the roll is placed vertically (usual is horizontal). Although there is sufficient space to mount the toilet roll holder horizontally, it would be difficult to insert the toilet roll. I do not remember any problems with the leg space.

On shifting the WC, I have no idea how people do it. The WC outlet is bored through the floor slab (into the unit below) and so the location of this outlet is fixed and practically impossible to shift. The most that can be done is to orientate the WC to face a different direction, while still using the same outlet. Or alternatively, if you place your WC at a different location, you need to have some fairly large PVC piping to carry the discharge back to this outlet. Side elevation drawing of a typical WC here.

thanks!!! u have been a great help!! =) shifting WC? leave it to the plumber! hehe..i did shift one downstairs.. to create a yard area.. will update more when time comes..

+1 to the rug at the WC. Where is it from?

I stayed in a homestay in Aussie before and they too had a similar rug. It's probably common there.