Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Haha.. its quite breezy in the yard and also no direct flats opposite so I think can have privacy and enjoy the blue skies while taking a D***. :wacko: Actually the shower screen is planned for clear glass but now having 2nd thoughts because if someone in the shower then emergency for WC our guest will have problem using it. So practicality verus aesthetic..?

That's a super daring concept! :jawdrop: At least the steam won't accumulate in your toilet :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Pop by to the flat today because the citygas was coming to fix the stucked valve. Realised that my contractor's own electicians are still at work on christmas eve. I think my contractor know that I am quite OCD so even instructed them to provide conduits even though the downlights are in the false ceiling.

WIRING

Nice white conduits even though they will soon be hidden in the false ceiling.

2i8jj7q.jpg

Photo 1 - Cabling to hide in the partition wall of my wardrobe. Lots of cables that at times it makes me rethink if I should reduce the number of lights and switches. silly but contractor told me even if few still have to run.

Photo 2 - I have bought matt black switches and their electrician helped me to spray the back casing to matt black too. There was no intention to run black conduits but contractor felt is looks better than white, so here they are.

2ry0r9c.jpg2076u4m.jpg

Electrician showed me this little rocket lookalike and actually it is a laser point which automatically draw a straight line. Hahah, i still though they pull the power points by measuring. Can you see the red line showing hte crookedness of my column built 42 years ago?

2cde92c.jpgszimbo.jpg

Merry Christmas all my dear reno kakis. We will continue next week after the 2 days of eating and drinking :jammin:

Edited by Luxexplorer

Haha.. its quite breezy in the yard and also no direct flats opposite so I think can have privacy and enjoy the blue skies while taking a D***. :wacko: Actually the shower screen is planned for clear glass but now having 2nd thoughts because if someone in the shower then emergency for WC our guest will have problem using it. So practicality verus aesthetic..?

With this concept maybe you need this after you move in, I try it before and it really works. Selling at Taka now.

61Oe6SFKUgL._SL1000_.jpg

The video always make me laugh - click to watch

Merry Christmas Luxe.

Edited by nextstep

POO POURRI!!!! too funn and I watched another 2 more ads after this one. Seriously work ah...Actually I think it is also a good idea to bring around in the handbag...LOL

I have already received electric burners for Christmas present so I guess will try to fix up one in the yard

POO POURRI!!!! too funn and I watched another 2 more ads after this one. Seriously work ah...Actually I think it is also a good idea to bring around in the handbag...LOL

I have already received electric burners for Christmas present so I guess will try to fix up one in the yard

Yes it really works I still using it, go try it out at Taka, They got lots of different scent. You might find one that your like,

Or when your house warming party I can give you as house warming gift lolz.

Tips: Buy online might be cheaper

hi reno kakis, hope the long weekend was great! I took the time to catch up with friends and family as well as checking in on the home renovation.
Although contractor Desmond was away for the holiday, his workers were working throughout the eve and Christmas Day. Much has been done but some are not so visible to the eyes especially the wiring process which involves a lot of detailed work.

Desmond came back yesterday and he went to check on the house and had a shock of his life.
Messaged me " How come the gas meter is sitting outside cabinet and on the floor?"
My reply : I don't know.. installer said so.... and he even change it to the blue one as slightly more compact
Desmond : Cannot la.... hide it hide it. Ask him to come back! 8|
anyways I have convince him (and myself) that we can leave this ancient meter as a decorating item.

Completed Jobs Over Christmas
- Wall partition for the WIW is up and plastered - Completed
- All re-wiring is completed even for the yard - Completed
- Window panes (I love the full and clear panels) - 50% completed
- false ceiling for dining area and partial TV area - in progress

- Box up for toilet pipes - in progress

Pending this week
- Fire Rated Main Door and bedroom Door - Wednesday
- Samsung Push / Pull Lock installation - Wednesday
- Optic fibre installation - Tuesday
- Painting - Saturday & Sunday
- Chemical washing - After painting

Outstanding
- glass door for kitchen yard
- glass door for shower
- carpentry kitchen, WIW,shoe Cabinet, vanity and yard storage.
- kitchen counter top. ( cant decide kompacplus or quartz)

- Brickwall

After we went down to Chinatown Food Center to look for some food. See what we found??? CRAFT BEER and BEER ON TAP. We are very very happy to have this downstairs of our new flat as we settle in for a beer and to the blaring Korean pop

They are opened only at nights and there is a small crowd enjoying their beers in a totally unoriginal setting. CHEAP AND GOOD They are hidden in the corner and have to cross a very very short "link bridge" on the same floor and same building. What they need now is someone to open and sell some cheap and good tapas to top it off!

ON TAP #02-262 - serves their own beer, brewed in good old Bukit Batok!
GOOD COMPANY - that sells uncommon, epic and legendary bottled craft bers
i5vj86.jpgn1yq7q.jpg

vz7ehs.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Updates for this week ending 2015. (on track for timeline)

False ceiling - Completed

Main door and bedroom door + frames - completed (but another drama althogether and main door frame will redo)

Installation of lights - in Progress

Painting - In Progress

Samsung push & Pull Lock - Completed & Love it! ( Done by Mr Lim - 8297 6087)

Next week ( 1st week 2016)

Chemical washing

Carpentry

2 glass doors

installation of WC

measurement for countertop and vanity top.

ALMOST THERE!!

COUNTERTOP - KITCHEN
The intial design plan was to go with Kompacplus becuase we really like the slim woody colours. But lately, my taste has started to change and the more I stare at the Kompacplus top, the more I find it looking very uniform. Decided to check out quartz which is also highly favoured by fellow reno bloggers.

Visited Silestone and found some design which I liked. My kitchen cabinets are gloss white so that should be easy enough.

- Gloss Pulsar (white with grey & yellow line)

- Gloss Istmo - (grey with brown lines)

- Matt Doradus ( Black with goldish yellow lines)

Ding dong between decisions... I have reach a point where I am quite tired of choosing colours. Even for painting, when Contractor Desmond asked me to select colours and I just told him white la.
and he ws like "which white".. even white has like 10 whites to choose from.... :dunno:

149wgo7.jpg

106wtch.jpg2h3wsp4.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

COUNTERTOP - KITCHEN

The intial design plan was to go with Kompacplus becuase we really like the slim woody colours. But lately, my taste has started to change and the more I stare at the Kompacplus top, the more I find it looking very uniform. Decided to check out quartz which is also highly favoured by fellow reno bloggers.

Visited Silestone and found some design which I liked. My kitchen cabinets are gloss white so that should be easy enough.

Ding dong between decisions... I have reach a point where I am quite tired of choosing colours. Even for painting, when Contractor Desmond asked me to select colours and I just told him white la.

and he ws like "which white".. even white has like 10 whites to choose from.... :dunno:

106wtch.jpg

Just so that you know, I used really white Silestone counter top for my kitchen and also toilets. Initially it was so white that I complained that my Toto basin was off white. Two years on, I find that my Toto is still looking as white as day one but my Silestone has all changed colour to off white.

Updates for this week ending 2015. (on track for timeline)

False ceiling - Completed

Main door and bedroom door + frames - completed (but another drama althogether and main door frame will redo)

Installation of lights - in Progress

Painting - In Progress

Samsung push & Pull Lock - Completed & Love it! ( Done by Mr Lim - 8297 6087)

Next week ( 1st week 2016)

Chemical washing

Carpentry

2 glass doors

installation of WC

measurement for countertop and vanity top.

ALMOST THERE!!

COUNTERTOP - KITCHEN

149wgo7.jpg

106wtch.jpg2h3wsp4.jpg

I love the black top, but are u going for the gloss or matt finish?

Hey KStoh, Thanks for this piece of very important information. A friend told me her solid top turned yellow but I thought Silestone quartz will surpass that test. We are ding donging between the white and the matt black with white coming up in terms of preference and just this nagging thought at the back of my head. Glad that your feedback helps with making a decision

Just so that you know, I used really white Silestone counter top for my kitchen and also toilets. Initially it was so white that I complained that my Toto basin was off white. Two years on, I find that my Toto is still looking as white as day one but my Silestone has all changed colour to off white.

Edited by Luxexplorer

Nextstep, if I choose the back, I would like the matt black. There is something about that texture which i like very much. But the silestone sales person mentioned to me that a back top and glossy white although is a common combi but he feels that the contrast is too stark.

So, we still sitting on the fence.

I love the black top, but are u going for the gloss or matt finish?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Nextstep, if I choose the back, I would like the matt black. There is something about that texture which i like very much. But the silestone sales person mentioned to me that a back top and glossy white although is a common combi but he feels that the contrast is too stark.

So, we still sitting on the fence.

I recalled that one of the silestone black has white specks on it. Not visible from the small sample as its not spread evenly. You may want to double check with silestone just so you get what you wanted. No nasty surprise.