Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Pre-reno Updates 1

Finally the floorplan from my ID is here!
QXgzO53.jpg?1

First Draft of the 3Ds

Open Concept Kitchen
jDCK9a8.jpg
I'm quite happy with how it looks! Cement/Wood/white, that's exactly the theme I'm looking at. Got the Muji feel to it. Just not too sure about the tones of the wood.
The shoe cabinet + feature wall that conceal the bomb shelter looks like 1 mega big wooden built in cabinet. Thinking if I can add in a hanging light on top of the dining.

Wet kitchen area
Rdo2giU.jpg
White Cabinets with subway white tiles and Wooden floor tiles.

Things I wanna change:
1) Gonna change out the chimney hood to a slim one, and have additional storage on top.
2) Don't really like configuration of the cabinets, especially the drawers at the corner, like not feasible.
3) Remove poles for hanging items beside the stove.
4) Hope to see more alternative to the subway tiles.
5) Either the floor tiles wood tone doesn't feel right, or change to something more geometric.

MPrgRr7.jpg
Meanwhile.. taking up a challenge to create my own painting, stay tune. :paint:

Edited by huiamos
missing images source from renotalk

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Pre-Renovation
Today is the auspicious day to 开门! Huat ah! Finally I'm the owner of the unit!
1zd7q6f.jpg

A simple cleansing procedure, using incense(given from a master from bencoolen street) with rice + salt + tie guan yin. According to him, I need to do this 3 times, Open door, before reno and before move in.
23kci76.jpg

Living Room. That TV feature wall + room walls going down!
9jg5ys.jpg

From another corner of the living room, bomb shelter. Gonna remove the wall between the kitchen and dining.
2581475.jpg

Kitchen
2467znp.jpg

MBR. 
szcxvl.jpg

Not very happy with the MBR door when it's swing open, it hits the shower screen. Can be a hazard in future.
2qscqrr.jpg

I like this window from the aircon ledge. It's windy here! A small view of the waterway park. This road leads down to punggol end/ punggol settlement. But neighbours can peek into the room.

vy366d.jpg

Unblock from my living room. Though it's by the main road, but it has nice street lights at night.
2znwjzc.jpg

BTW, the renotalk image upload is cranky, I will try to fix the missing images soon.

Can't wait for the start of the transformation!

@owlNbear: Thanks for sharing my excitement!

Day 1 & 2
I'm really excited to share my Journey here! Alot of hacking is done. In fact I'm amaze how much can be done in just 2 days.
The biggest bang comes from hacking and drilling and is UNBEARABLE, please inform your neighbours before hand if you are doing this. I feel so bad.:~

2wD7v8Y.jpg
Walls down for bedroom 3! More natural lights into the house!

zSCLH2z.jpg

The space is all open up and make it appear more spacious!

83QyPS7.jpg
If you can see false ceiling marks, it took up so much vertical space!

3Q442j2.jpg
Goodbye U-layout kitchen, too cramp imo.

zcVa8UE.jpg
All cleared!

The workers work really really hard, bought them 3 cartons of 100plus, let them OTOT take and drink.

Hi Huiamos, Congrats on getting your place. My reno journey is also about the same time as yours. Very exciting times indeed. Will follow your T-blog to share ideas and give support! 

As for your sofa, I was also looking at those from Hipvan. I was told that if you like things from Hipvan but want to physically see the furniture, can go to Comfort furniture as they carry very similar stuff.

@bykaraanne is it this one? TYNGEN Mirror with shelf, white, ash effect
I want the wooden one :P

@JohnJohn Thanks man! I've already shortlist the sofa from Muji! I'm getting the grey one. I think it will look great against my glass wall, as it doesn't have much height. but the cons will be there isn't much back rest. Thinking is will be great to lie down and nua the whole day watching TV. haha

IMG]357qziw.jpg

Furniture shops I've been to so far:

Commune at paragon and Millenia walk - They have a few nice pieces I KIVed
Hommage - I bought the KarmaKamet scents from there, furnitures nothing caught my eye yet
Second Charm - Probably will go back there again, cause they allow customisation of my dining stools which are of non standard heights
Comfort Design - Went there but didn't fancy anything except the metal lamma bench
Danish Design - has very nice Scandi furniture pieces but not pocket friendly at all.
CB2 - One of my favorite window shopping place, but probably getting the some accessories.
Crate and Barrel at somerset - Similar to CB2.
Knots Living at Paya Lebar - Found nice hobby tables there! Gotta try to bargain with them.

any many others which I can't remember. It can get very tiring!
Might wanna go check out Tan Boon Liat again.

@JohnJohn All the best for your reno too!

Day 3
The tiles and cements are here! Excited! Things are moving faster than expected.

3354m1h.jpg
xe0whd.jpg

For the Toilet - Cement tiles, they look very raw now.
e3nf4.jpg

Tiles for the kitchen, I love the grains! look so realistic.
28h1oqx.jpg

The toilet is getting ready for overlay, my ID LOL when I told her it looks like doing face mask hor. :P
zo85s2.jpg

And my own Canvas painting, 1st attempt and got not bad results, more fine art style (but of course with alot of references online) I always dreamt of having a big house with a koi pond, can't realise it, a painting will do :P 

4ljbqu.jpg

@JohnJohn Thanks man :D Hope it will fit in well in my new house later on. Tilings will take quite a while. So much details to consider, like how to tile them, the grout colours, the pvc trimmings, etcs. Jiayou ahh.

:help:

By the way, does anyone know where to get this teardrop shape pendant lamp for my dining?? 

The one I saw on taobao is too reflective and plastic looking. Wanted a matt finish for it.

2wpkopx.jpg