Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zc31

Bridal Shops

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi... just wana make some contribution to bride-to-be... Don't ever try EverBliss or Bliss bridal... They have a taiwan sales person call Chen Da-Jie... She's v gd at talking n getting ppl to sign up... And i'm one of the victim... I've paid a S$1k deposit abt 3 yrs ago... A few of my friends so happened to sign up with that Chen da-jie too... :dribble:

Their service is not v good, gowns sucks, photo album so-so... etc... :sport-smiley-004:

So, few mths ago, i decided not to use Bliss for my AD, thus source for other bridal shop and came across Sohpia... Their service so-far has been v good and prompt... Like their service when i went for gown selection... they have many nice gowns tat i don't know which to take... they also help me with wearing the can-can....

Because i don't want to waste my 1K in Bliss... I switched my package to only indoor photo shoot, and went for gown selection ytd... wah... basically, they dun have any nice gown lor... the designs r pretty outdated... service also not v gd... i have to struggle in n out of the gowns and can-can myself... hey, it's not easy to wear gown n can-can alone wor...

So, end of ytd... me n my husband r both glad that we did not take Bliss as our actual day bridal shop... :dancingqueen:

ebing, we've came across that chen da jie before. i believe is the same person. she has a taiwanese accent rite?

we were shopping at plaza singapura where we got "ambush" there at ard 8pm+ and she kept pressing us to sign even close to 11pm she still doesnt want to release us

last few resorts, she kept emphasizing that it will be open date, OPEN NAME, meaning the bride's name can be changed!! :bangwall:

and even commented that my hubby is very ngiao and doesnt want to marry me when he refused to sign.... :bangwall:

Mine's with Yvonne Creative. Just finished my Photoshoot and doing album layout. I feel the most important is you gotta like the gowns and be comfortable with them.

After going through half the process, I find most gowns/studios are similar. It's a wear for a day affair... most importantly is you are comfortable and happy with it.

I signed up with WhiteLink in Feb08. Today Im going for the fitting for ROM dresses. Will feedback how the svc/gowns are. My pkg includes quite a number of things for ROM after we requested and the coordinator was not hard selling at all. He was quite patient and explain alot of hidden costs we might encounter with other bridal studios. Teach us how BS can earn $$ from us through other methods so dont be taken in by the cheap pkg first. And we also bargain upfront how much he will charge us per pose if we are to top up for additional photos. See what they can offer and best thing is everything in black and white. Initially he wrote down everything in a rough piece of paper and after we confirm everything, he transfer all details to the proper invoice and kept the rough paper in our personal file so that both of the BS and us dont have any disputes if we are to bargain in future. Maybe got pros and cons la, they also wanna safeguard their interests if not we will start to say "How come initial discussion got this now dont have".

hehe. sorry for the lengthy post but juz to share.

Edited by tydy

I signed up with WhiteLink in Feb08. Today Im going for the fitting for ROM dresses. Will feedback how the svc/gowns are. My pkg includes quite a number of things for ROM after we requested and the coordinator was not hard selling at all. He was quite patient and explain alot of hidden costs we might encounter with other bridal studios. Teach us how BS can earn $$ from us through other methods so dont be taken in by the cheap pkg first. And we also bargain upfront how much he will charge us per pose if we are to top up for additional photos. See what they can offer and best thing is everything in black and white. Initially he wrote down everything in a rough piece of paper and after we confirm everything, he transfer all details to the proper invoice and kept the rough paper in our personal file so that both of the BS and us dont have any disputes if we are to bargain in future. Maybe got pros and cons la, they also wanna safeguard their interests if not we will start to say "How come initial discussion got this now dont have".

hehe. sorry for the lengthy post but juz to share.

hi

i also signed up for whitelink! but their biz like so good, not easy to get a slot to meet up for gown fitting.

Hi All,

i signed up with Venus Bridal Selection across the causeway.

Coordinator was real patient and nice.Photos were nicely taken and the package is half the price! : )

hi

i also signed up for whitelink! but their biz like so good, not easy to get a slot to meet up for gown fitting.

icestorm when are you going for fitting? Do they have lots of gowns to choose from?I haven't really see their gown selection yet.

Cos the coordinator was saying if I can choose OTR, i can get $150 rebate for not doing MTM. But my HTB says for $150, might as well MTM.

icestorm when are you going for fitting? Do they have lots of gowns to choose from?I haven't really see their gown selection yet.

Cos the coordinator was saying if I can choose OTR, i can get $150 rebate for not doing MTM. But my HTB says for $150, might as well MTM.

hmm,i guess it depends a lot on size. Me quite big size..so there isnt much nice gowns , esp evening gowns for me to choose from. Those I get to try are...err...i dun like the designs. In the end, only manage to select a rather plain one. So if you're small size, prob have more choice. Who is your coordinator?

hmm,i guess it depends a lot on size. Me quite big size..so there isnt much nice gowns , esp evening gowns for me to choose from. Those I get to try are...err...i dun like the designs. In the end, only manage to select a rather plain one. So if you're small size, prob have more choice. Who is your coordinator?

My coordinator is Jimmy. cos my hubby is the one who called to fix the appt to view the gowns, so he answered the call and attend to us. HE is very girly lor... but quite nice to negotiate freebies with him. hehe.

Ytd we went for gown fitting and he ask a lady to help me(zip up the gowns) and he helped my hubby on his jackets. And he touched my hubby waist and my hubby was so scared he will touch other parts.... :sport-smiley-004:

My coordinator is Jimmy. cos my hubby is the one who called to fix the appt to view the gowns, so he answered the call and attend to us. HE is very girly lor... but quite nice to negotiate freebies with him. hehe.

Ytd we went for gown fitting and he ask a lady to help me(zip up the gowns) and he helped my hubby on his jackets. And he touched my hubby waist and my hubby was so scared he will touch other parts.... :notti:

I signed with LaBelle a year ago. The designer has left. Wasnt too enthusiatic when I went to try my gowns last week cos of the change. To my surprise, I managed to choose all my gowns on the same day. Signed them up during wedding show. Cost $3388. As general guideline, dun just look at the cost. Must look at what they offer you in the package. For me, even the transport fee for my outdoor shoot, my corsages etc all included. Cant remember the exact number of photos given but BS say + 1 or 2 nvm

Ytd we went for gown fitting and he ask a lady to help me(zip up the gowns) and he helped my hubby on his jackets. And he touched my hubby waist and my hubby was so scared he will touch other parts.... :disturb:

:bleah: funny...think my hubby will feak if a girly touch him also! mine is Irene....so she helps me with the gowns if my sister is not around to help when i go and try. but then sometimes got so many customers at the same time, she really gets so busy that she cant fully concentrate on helpg

I signed with LaBelle a year ago. The designer has left. Wasnt too enthusiatic when I went to try my gowns last week cos of the change. To my surprise, I managed to choose all my gowns on the same day. Signed them up during wedding show. Cost $3388. As general guideline, dun just look at the cost. Must look at what they offer you in the package. For me, even the transport fee for my outdoor shoot, my corsages etc all included. Cant remember the exact number of photos given but BS say + 1 or 2 nvm

toppie, u same bs as me :)

you mus be slim la. can easily find gown...

do u find their outdoor gowns very limited.

i tik now their co ordinator or so called designer cant really make it hor..

keep recommend me those range tat dun suit my frame, one example i have broad shoulder still find for me off shoulder faint.

wifey got her's frm Bridal elegance... very good customer service... highly recommended...

Yes, I agree with you sunboi80, their evening gowns are really very limited! :furious:

I kinda dissatisfied with their choices and availability of their evening gown. :huh::bangwall:

I am very disappointed. Went fitting twice, but their evening gowns(EG) are just so so, nothing spectacular , just normal. They should review their EG and add in newer and more EG.

Went fitting twice, and their choices are still not my ideal. Still very upset about it :(:angry2:

Quite regret signing my wedding package with them....

Heys gal,

The Bridal Studio and photography house which I had is a little on the steep side.. just had my photoshoot last month, can view the pics at www.zorpia.com/RoyAndMawie

pardon me for the bad tan lines in the unedited pics, they were provided by my photographer for photo selection purposes. had 300+ shots in a CD provided by him but uploaded only half of them (minus similar shots)

I had Flamingo Bridal and Tuckys photography. Just sharing my personal experience with them. Really nice and sweet people to work with, even my hubby (well known for being reserved) opened up to them. For bridal photoshoot, a piece of advice would be to have co-ordinators and photographers whom you and your hubby could click with.

P.S. all my gowns (WG and EG) and my hubby's suit is MTM and can take back the EG and suit.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by mawby84