Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm reposting as I did not get any reply regarding Luxur.

I am keen to hire them to renovate my new condo, but would first like to check if anyone has hired them before and what their experience is like. After reading all the horror stories in the forums regarding unethical and unreliable contractors, I am afraid I will make the wrong choice!

Please kindly advise! 

I assume you are referring to Luxur ID? I did consider hiring them for interior works for my house and visited their office in the Joo Chiat area and thought that the office was quite nicely done up. The company is helmed by a bf/gf couple and they do both ID and contractor works. I recalled that their indicative quote was on the high side though after comparing with a few other ID firms.

Apart from Luxur ID, I recall they have another company named Luxur Living. However they seemed to have stopped using either of these names, and changed their name recently to Luxur Design instead....

If you are concerned about hiring the wrong ID/contractor, I suggest you check out the thread started by Spartacus on how to do an ACRA search and also how to check if the company you are keen to hire is involved in a lawsuit. I agree it is prudent to be more careful as it is really all too easy for these ID/Contractors to close a company and open another one in order to avoid liability when they get into trouble....

Good luck!

14 hours ago, eastee said:

I assume you are referring to Luxur ID? I did consider hiring them for interior works for my house and visited their office in the Joo Chiat area and thought that the office was quite nicely done up. The company is helmed by a bf/gf couple and they do both ID and contractor works. I recalled that their indicative quote was on the high side though after comparing with a few other ID firms.

Apart from Luxur ID, I recall they have another company named Luxur Living. However they seemed to have stopped using either of these names, and changed their name recently to Luxur Design instead....

If you are concerned about hiring the wrong ID/contractor, I suggest you check out the thread started by Spartacus on how to do an ACRA search and also how to check if the company you are keen to hire is involved in a lawsuit. I agree it is prudent to be more careful as it is really all too easy for these ID/Contractors to close a company and open another one in order to avoid liability when they get into trouble....

Good luck!

Hi Eastee, 

Thanks so much for highlighting the post by Spartacus!

I did the google search for Luxur ID and added the keywords " lawsuit" and " singapore law" as suggested by Spartacus and there were really some results thrown up by the Supreme Court website ... Maybe thats why they changed name????!!!!

Think the case is still ongoing coz I can't seem to find any details of the case ... maybe have to wait till the case is over

I was this close to hiring them .... PHEW!!

Thanks again!