Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thilmeha

carpentry design works pte ltd fraud company

Hi all.. Seems like there's a lot of heat in this page. Just discovered this chat and I thought I'd just give my 2 cents on it.

I am currently a client of theirs, so if you have doubts abt it, you may PM me for me to show you that I really am. I am in no way affiliated to their company and neither have they asked me to speak up for them. 

We are in the midst of renovating our landed property, and being a landed piece, a lot of work needs to be done. I do acknowledge with what many of you have said, that they can be slow in their progress. Sometimes I get frustrated too, because I have worked with bigger companies which, in my experience, are a lot faster. But I want to be rational and I found myself asking this question- Why did I (and all of us) choose them in the first place? One of the main reasons i reckon would probably be their very attractive quote. For us, we made the decision to be prudent because doing up a landed house would unequivocally be expensive. And so I ask myself- would I want to pay $20k more, or do I not mind waiting 2 months longer? I realise that for a small company, I cannot expect them to provide us with both. 

I am not justifying their delays, for I wish that they could be faster too. But at least I know that they are trying their best to do up my house as fast as they could, given whatever limited resources they have. Using 'fraud' loosely is also a delicate matter, unless it has been proven that they have run away with someone's money. (If they do, then it's another matter altogether and it'd negate my whole argument above). My husband and I still maintain a good relationship with them because even in our impatient moments, we held back and reminded ourselves to be civil- after all, they started off as nice people, and I believe kindness (and kind words) begets kindness.

My advice to current customers is to relay your feelings to them amicably and I'm sure they would come up with a solution for you. So far this has worked for us, and I hope it would continue to. However, just like many of you have stated, there is a limit to anyone's patience, but I hope that they will never reach it. We could kick up a big fuss and involve lawyers and all (in fact my sister is one and she have given me advice on what I can do)- but as long as there is a response, I'm sure it won't be necessary. I wish all their clients here well, and may we achieve the dream homes that we've always aspired to have. :) God bless!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Far80,

I truly agree with u. I dun mind to wait 1 to 2 more months rather i pay 15k more as that money i can buy my accessories and electrical lights. They will always response and especially the Sales Director Shar will give us updates. Knowing now is peak period for CNY, i understand their position too as some of their workers already started to go back. And its true. The start off is already they are nice people. Sharlyne helps us in our loans as my dad found out the sales proceeds is lower. Thats why i said. Delay! Yes! But in regards of workmanship and quality of carpentry is good. Hence the word FRAUD is not the proper words to describe them. 

As someone who hired an unreliable contractor before, my advice is, whenever possible, go with a company someone you trust (family, relatives, friends or friends of friends) engaged before. That is the safest way. Talk to them and ask them (on top of questions about quotation, workmanship details and etc.): When crises arose, was the problem rectified by the ID professionally (i.e. no evasion etc.)? Did the ID keep to her/his words? Were there any conflicts between ID and client? Was the ID honest and open throughout the whole process? 

Potential reno clients have to safeguard themselves. Don't let them psycho you to think that as long as the company is not cheating you of your money, you can close one eye to other kinds of dishonesty by them.

At the end of the day, these people are doing business. So, inevitably, albeit unfortunately, they care more about their business. Their company's wealth, reputation etc. 

(PM if you're interested to know more)

Well mine now already 3 months plus. Finishing soon. Mine is a 5 Room Resale hacked. Well for a very affordable price, free air con (that saves me thousands of dollars) my whole family are fine. Especially when the workmanship and quality is good. (I love the Blum hinges and fire proof wardrobes) the sales ppl and directors are good people too. Friendly i should say. I compare the quotes that i had before deciding to engage them, i saves a total of 12k. My dad was happy and as the paymaster, he didnt demands much. Any problems, my dad will call and talk to them nicely. And they will also nicely settle any issues. $12000 is a huge amount for our family. Hence thats why we chose them and it does saves us alot to buy the other needed items for the house. Thats why owners like me, Far80 and some few others, we understood their production (especially from December peak period and now Chinese new year period) and we will try to work things out amicably. One thing thats for sure, even for peak period, they did not increase on their prices unlike some companies took advantage of the peak period to increase prices. 

And settling things amicably, had worked well so far between us and them. :)

Edited by putrisherie

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 10:42 PM, nurfandy said:

Scary sia.. And can share client details with other customers one ar.?.:o

Lol thimelda has a point though, if they are credible then no problem enabling their review section. I mean if company self post on their fb, there is no actual honest reviews from clients, very difficult to form opinion cause company has control of what is posted.. I will go check again with my friend who engaged them regarding the company.. So weird they also seemed unhappy abt their reno the last time we met..

Hi can pm details on how your friend feels about their reno?

Anyone engaged them? Can you pls pm me. I must say their quotes are really very attractive..but thats why i am feeling a little uneasy..

Can pm me pls, today morning , the ask me go to yishun at A posh building and the signboard put Lush Designs, they say signboard not yet change after taking over the office.

Hi!

I they just took over and according to them, they just finalize their new logo and signage and the new signage will be up after CNY as my company is the one going to do their new signage. I am working in a printing company btw. For me like i said, i have no issues with them. They deliver my house and i did save more than 10k of renovation works compared to other companies that quote me ridiculously high. Their quality is good. If you have doubts, please talk to them. Like i said, you cant please everyone. I have to accept the slight of 1 month delay due to my house starts during peak period starting which is on November. It depends on owners. The most important. They are contactable, always updates in their Facebook of all their ongoing works. Not merely 3D drawings like some companies. :)

Hi, anyone have any furthers updated feedback from carpentry design works ? 

I was about to sign contract with them but after reading so much bad reviews from them. I am hesitating to do so. 

Pls advise gurus. 

Good day to all. 

It seems that this topic is getting on heat. As a customer before with Carpentry Design. As an educated adults, what i can comments is as long as the company is active in their ongoing projects, they deliver the works accordingly to the contracts signed (not VO items demanded by owners but refused to pay) i agree with the other comments. It depends on each owners. Not all thinks the same. For me and my NS buddy that took them, we have no comments. Like i mentioned before. Their quality and workmanship especially their wardrobes are the best. To be very honest, i signed with them even i saw this post before. But it didnt change my mind. Firstly, Forums may not be 100% true. Some may be demanding owners. Some maybe competitors. I trust on what i see from my buddy house and i do not regret. To have my house nearly 3 months ready by them, i do not have any issues as i agree, the wait is worth and saves me about 5k that i used it to purchase my other accessories. They never cheat in a way of not delivering by taking money and run. They are still active. From small showroom, now open a bigger branch. I think its an achievement. To those who intends to sign them up, maybe u can ask them to see their project sites. A handover one of cos and u may see the owners too. Assumption is the biggest disaster. Social media is good. But can also be bad. But it seems over here, it seems not satisfied for all good remarks. It seems that good remarks are ignored but waiting for bad remarks or allegations to come. I pity one of my friend. Signed her renovation works in Expo. Total is near 7 months with only tiling, electrical and false ceiling done. The rest nothing. But i didnt see any forum about them. But like i tell my wife, the more popular the company is, the more controversy is created. Can be from competitor. Can be enemy or can be people just not happy. To be conclude, my feedbacks is, i am happy with their services, wormanship and quality. They did delay my house for about 1 month due to peak period but what the heck!!! My house was still handover to me and i saves money. The delay of 1 month didnt pinch me abit. 

Yes Roger! What the heck! I still get my house back with handover. Free Aircon. Other freebies and i saves more than 12k. And quality is good. Some of my relatives that came asked my dad. Our reno costs us 50k to 60k? My dad just said. Total 40k. And they say its unbelievable with free air con etc . For me, the savings and Free gifts that entice us and of cos, good services with good people to start with. And of cos. For any issues, talking things out and solves things amicably is better and i does works between my family and them. :)