Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Full Height 'pull Out' Rack

there are actually quite a few brands around

you can check out Courts at Bt Timah or Classic Kitchens

Courts is using Blum but can't remember CK use what

Rhoyxon showroom at Changi Road also carry it

usually it's called a pull-out larder unit with 4/5 s/s basket

but note that they only sell the unit i.e. the baskets, mechanism and centre pole to hold them together. you need to make your own carcass i.e. the cabinet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Seen it in a blue advert. It's about 6 inch width and 2m in height usually used to store dry goods.

Can we ask carpenter to build it, at same price of cos :dancingqueen:

Anyone did it? Thanks

I've done that 7yrs ago. the rack system itself takes up too much space.

Give you a situation, when u pull out the rack, then your spice bottle drops into the cabinet, how easy is it for you to retrieve it.?

currently, we have a mini pull-out larder unit to store the sauces and condiments....

the larder unit has to be separately purchased...your carpenter has to build the carcass for the larder unit to attach to....and also the drawer runners for the pull out motion......

and if you want to prevent things from dropping backwards.....get a backing.... :unsure:

here's what mine looks like...

P1010541.jpg

Edited by blackmango_juice

currently, we have a mini pull-out larder unit to store the sauces and condiments....

the larder unit has to be separately purchased...your carpenter has to build the carcass for the larder unit to attach to....and also the drawer runners for the pull out motion......

and if you want to prevent things from dropping backwards.....get a backing.... !!

here's what mine looks like...

P1010541.jpg

Wow very nice. You got any lobang for blum?

Cheers!

I have renovated 3 big kitchens in the last 8 years; 2 for my own homes and one for my mother.

I'm a junkie for cabinet accessories and what have you to make sure my things are properly organised.

All these years, I get my kitchen pull out accessories from http://www.rhoyxon.com/home.html. They have several outlets around SG.

I use blum for the heavy pull out drawers and cutlery drawers. But for spice/sauce bottles and dried goods like garlic, onions, ginger, I use a stainless steel pull out wire basket.

What I do every time is that I decide how many and how big the metal pull out drawers I want, get the carpenter to design the right size carcass for them, and redistribute the foot run of the rest of the cabinets.

There are 2 types of pull outs. One type is door mount, and the other type is floor mount. The door mount one is a one hand pull action. The floor mount type, requires you to open the cabinet door first, reach in and pull out the wire basket.

Hope this helps.

PS: I always use Classic Kitchen and Furniture to do my kitchen cabinets. The quality is faultless but expensive lah. But I find my own pull out accessories. Classic does the rest, including the Blum mechanisms.