Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Dear neighbors-soon-to-be,

We’ll be moving in on 29 Mar. Can anyone recommend a good moving company that supply boxes with reasonable charge? We have a few small pieces of furniture and many boxes.

Thank you.

I recently used a mover to move about 10 pieces of furniture to my current place. He charges $150 which I find reasonable. Will PM u his contact.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:P:(

Sakae Sushi, everyone talking about your cost of reno... Cool....

Sat meet you and pass you your remote... quite busy for the whole week... so no chance to meet you..

your remote should be ok liao..

Yes, its time for THUM (Tanglin Halt Usual Meetup) again!!

Those who are not sure of the details, here it is:

When: Every Saturday, 3pm onwards

Where: Coffeeshop @ Blk 46-1 Tanglin Halt Road (behind the rubbish dump on the left of the open carpark opposite our blocks)

Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...519&level=5

(Pl note that the map is not accurate; it shows that our flats are squeezed up until Blk 51 only, where it actually should have stretched over to the open carpark behind the police post)

Sakae Sushi, everyone talking about your cost of reno... Cool....

Sat meet you and pass you your remote... quite busy for the whole week... so no chance to meet you..

your remote should be ok liao..

hello cartoon. no problem.

there a price to pay for beauty lor :jawdrop:

let me know 2molo. sms me.

thanks

hey... u guys had problems with singnet before? i got a big problem with them before and really not very happy with them. here's the story

i had my bad experience with singnet few years ago too. i actually called up singnet to cancel my internet connection(contract ended by then) right after signing up with starhub MOL then two weeks down the road... my singnet still not terminated and guess wat... after a month plus they slapped me with another bill to pay for the bill on top of the outstanding. as you can see, they took so long and yet my singnet internet connection wasn't terminated and they even asked me to pay another month's subscription. when i received the bill, i called singnet AGAIN to tell them to terminate my singnet account(note that i called them once beofre). then eventually they sent a few reminders, final reminder etc but i'm NOT WILLING to pay becoz it's their fault that they did not cancel my subscription the first time i called them.

then this year when i wanted to sign up for a mobile line with singtel, they actually asked me to settle my outstanding bad debts and on top of that pay a deposit of $200. so i got fed up and walked off.

eventually i emailed singtel and they did some investigation but eventually they still insist that i pay off my outstanding bill and $200 deposit. Got so ticked off by their reply and i emailed them that i shall never sign any singtel's services.

i do not know if any of you had this kinda experience with singtel before. though singtel's promo is better compared to starhub but their after sales service and communication trail is really f**k up.

just venting my anger :unsure:

hi armani

sorry to hear bout your experiences. i guess tis is what we call singapore service. results of business monopoly .i had my same experience with starhub regarding my mobile and same problems and excuses. again yet another singapote telco company :D

this is the reasons why virgin mobile and even orange pulled out. without outsider competitors. we local will never have good deal and services. guess the malaysia tourism is more apt for us "this is singapore" haha !!

btw, no deal for the Wii liao. my wife dun wan me to buy. scared i get addicted :)

hi armani

sorry to hear bout your experiences. i guess tis is what we call singapore service. results of business monopoly .i had my same experience with starhub regarding my mobile and same problems and excuses. again yet another singapote telco company :bangwall:

this is the reasons why virgin mobile and even orange pulled out. without outsider competitors. we local will never have good deal and services. guess the malaysia tourism is more apt for us "this is singapore" haha :help:

btw, no deal for the Wii liao. my wife dun wan me to buy. scared i get addicted :bangwall:

haha... Wii is not addicing at all. got a bit sianz after awhile of playing it. you're welcome to my hse to play the Wii. maybe can ask TYM along too. but i only have one controller so not that fun as only one person can play at a time.

Edited by armani

haha... Wii is not addicing at all. got a bit sianz after awhile of playing it. you're welcome to my hse to play the Wii. maybe can ask TYM along too. but i only have one controller so not that fun as only one person can play at a time.

Wow! quiet a few wii players here. My hubby would love to play with you guys after we move in.

Hi all,

Just trying my luck here.

Anyone has any big empty boxes that you going to give or throw away?? If you have, please PM me and I will gladly come and collect from you, as I need it for moving my stuffs.

Thank you very much.

Hi all,

Just trying my luck here.

Anyone has any big empty boxes that you going to give or throw away?? If you have, please PM me and I will gladly come and collect from you, as I need it for moving my stuffs.

Thank you very much.

i have boxes, probably at the moment around 6 or more, they are not very big but fair size to put stuff in yet able to be moved around without giving way and mangeable.

Has anyone try using our staircase?

Yesterday wanted to go for a jog but was raining. Hence, ended up climbing the stairs.

To my shock, the stairs at some levels were stinky and on one particular floor (low), there were stains of ****. My goodness. Just wondering if the monthly washing includes washing the stairs. Anyone knows?

And some of the stair lights at certain floors (e.g. 21-22th floor) were not working. Worst of all, urine and urine smell were present on 39-40th floor. I am referring to the staircase nearer to the lift lobby, next to unit 300 / 302.

Those who are staying 02-21 floor using the 3 lifts on the left, do you have a problem with the lifts' closing system? Its some time retarded and worst, not working. The handicapped lift was not working for the whole of yesterday. How often they do servicing & maintenance? :deal:

Comments? :deal:

Yesterday wanted to go for a jog but was raining. Hence, ended up climbing the stairs.

To my shock, the stairs at some levels were stinky and on one particular floor (low), there were stains of ****. My goodness. Just wondering if the monthly washing includes washing the stairs. Anyone knows?

And some of the stair lights at certain floors (e.g. 21-22th floor) were not working. Worst of all, urine and urine smell were present on 39-40th floor. I am referring to the staircase nearer to the lift lobby, next to unit 300 / 302.

Those who are staying 02-21 floor using the 3 lifts on the left, do you have a problem with the lifts' closing system? Its some time retarded and worst, not working. The handicapped lift was not working for the whole of yesterday. How often they do servicing & maintenance? :deal:

Comments? :notti:

If I'm not wrong, the monthly washing should include the stairs. This is how it goes for the current place that I'm staying. Dats why we are paying the monthly S & C charges! Maybe one of us should call the branch office to complain. They prob not doing their due diligence as they felt that our neigbourbood is not fully occupied yet, hence no need to clean it so thoroughly! :)

my below statements are not meant to be racist but in general hor n factual to me : )

1. Look at who does the area cleaning - Foreign workers from Bangladesh

2. For those who have been to India and Bangladesh, the conditions in 90% of the country is worst then almost any part of Singaporea here. The living conditions, the roads, etc are all sub-standard in Singapore context.

3. These Foreign workers grew up in the native country and are so tuned and accustomed to their environment so when they get to Singapore to work, despite whatever training, expectations and instructions given to them, it will not be easy to raise their bar so they take it easy when doing area cleaning lor.

Stains on floor and walls to them are normal.

Those who are staying 02-21 floor using the 3 lifts on the left, do you have a problem with the lifts' closing system? Its some time retarded and worst, not working. The handicapped lift was not working for the whole of yesterday. How often they do servicing & maintenance? :curse:

Comments? :wub:

My wife told me about students from nearby school using the stairway to do their "PE" thingy last week morning.

Yes, the 3rd lift (bigger cabin) serving 1st-21st floor for Blk 91 is retarded. Die die have to wait until the delaying alarm to activate in order to get the door shut. In fact, pressing the door close button for all lifts also delay most of the time. LCD info panel in some lifts are corrupted. So irritating :good:

Am trying to do somethings until the forum starts the discussion here.