Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Last night I got a very warm welcome from my neighbours below!! My husband was doing some late drilling at 10+pm. The father and daughter tag team came up, scolding and ranting away at poor me since I was the one who opened the door to them. Good grief, even if they're unhappy, I thought they could have been abit more pleasant about it. Moreover the woman was ranting away about kids stomping away which was totally irrelevant since there're none, and asked me rudely if there're kids in the house. In all my years living in different neighbourhoods, just my good luck to meet such friendly lovely neighbours!

Drill at 10+pm? I am sure it is not something so urgent that you cannot wait until the next morning to do it.

Apparently in overseas, you can sue your neighbour for causing you health problems from their secondhand smoke that drifts into your home. :sport-smiley-004:

Hopefully we do not adopt this type of suing and counter-suing culture.

I was fortunate to have understanding neighbours as my renovation was ongoing after they moved in. The debris was laying in the corridor for days and it got into their way of walking as my unit was between them and the lift. I am glad for their tolerance and understanding during the reno period.

Mine too, a very nice and friendly uncle. !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hopefully we do not adopt this type of suing and counter-suing culture.

Its only in such scenerios that I actually appreciate the high costs of engaging a lawyer in Singapore. :sport-smiley-004:

=== Joke of the Day ====

New Law !!! "NO SMOKING in your OWN Property"

Smoker ppl realli very cham!!!!

I think non smoker ppl should suggest to HDB to provide yellow box in each level where smoker can have their puff....

Or HDB application should have tick boxs for applicant to decalre whether their family have smokers or not..

Then segment non smoker level and smoker level

:notti::notti::notti::notti::notti:

PS: AM A SMOKER :yamseng:

Last night I got a very warm welcome from my neighbours below!! My husband was doing some late drilling at 10+pm. The father and daughter tag team came up, scolding and ranting away at poor me since I was the one who opened the door to them. Good grief, even if they're unhappy, I thought they could have been abit more pleasant about it. Moreover the woman was ranting away about kids stomping away which was totally irrelevant since there're none, and asked me rudely if there're kids in the house. In all my years living in different neighbourhoods, just my good luck to meet such friendly lovely neighbours!

guidelines on renovation works

2 Time Allowed for Renovations

2.1 For new blocks, the approved work must be completed within four months from the date of the permit.

2.2 For existing blocks, the approved work must be completed within one month from the date of the permit.

2.3 No Work shall be carried out before 8 am or after 6 pm.

2.4 Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays. Such works are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

seems like hdb did not mention drilling. !! so does that mean that i can do drilling on saturday from 8.01am-6pm. :yamseng:

i had an incident of my neighbour that came knocking on my door on a sat afternoon ard 5pm as i was drilling the wall. she actually came with a baby in her arms and a maid saying...

Neighbour: Are u doing renovation?

Me: Nope.. i'm drillng the wall

Neighbour: Can you please stop it?! My baby cannot slp so can u please stop it. I don't wanna make things too difficult. and by the way, it's a saturday afternoon. (the baby don't look sleepy at all.. in fact he actually smile at me. kinda cute)

Me: Orh ok...

So in this situation... It's not wrong to do drilling on saturday afternoon isn't it? but in any case, i just stopped doing it.

Guess you shouldn't drill so late at night. What if your neighbour's job is shift base and much attention is needed at work so a good sleep is important.

Guess living in HDB requires lots of consideration as there are sooo many of us sharing the single plot of land. So there's a lot of give and take. I too have to tolerate Indian incense smell in the evening and i read up b4 that incense has cancer causing agents and i'm very sensitive to bad smell. So just close my windows whenever i detect the smell lor.. Cos she has the right to practice her religious practices at home too.

Guess you shouldn't drill so late at night. What if your neighbour's job is shift base and much attention is needed at work so a good sleep is important.

Guess living in HDB requires lots of consideration as there are sooo many of us sharing the single plot of land. So there's a lot of give and take. I too have to tolerate Indian incense smell in the evening and i read up b4 that incense has cancer causing agents and i'm very sensitive to bad smell. So just close my windows whenever i detect the smell lor.. Cos she has the right to practice her religious practices at home too.

:good: totally agree..

Talking about smell now, my neighbours below are really smelly. Not only are they smokers, incense burners, there's also a type of bawu (body odour) emitting from their unit. :curse:

Talking about smell now, my neighbours below are really smelly. Not only are they smokers, incense burners, there's also a type of bawu (body odour) emitting from their unit. :)

Just by any chance, JS21, have you been to KOREA before??

I'd never been there before, just wondering how is it like...? :curse:

Just by any chance, JS21, have you been to KOREA before??

I'd never been there before, just wondering how is it like...? :dribble:

:notti::):wub:

does anyone here know where to get mahjong table in this neighbourhood. had a hard time looking for furniture shops in our vicinity.. !!

think someone shd open up a furniture shop near the market. so difficult to get some small furnishing.

i think a neighbourhood furniture shop @holland v near DBS may sell it. Try it. !!

think there also a few shop at alexander village (opposite queensway) selling small furintures :dancingqueen:

Spotted this when I looked out my window this morning. Please be careful when you walk around the neighborhood.

This is the top of the pathway joining block 89 and 91... facing the mrt track.

killerlitter.jpg

...close up of the potential killer litter.

scissors.jpg

Chilling isn't it? The impact of any small object thrown from high floor can be deadly. Luckily it landed on the top of the pathway... imagine it landing on a person!

Spotted this when I looked out my window this morning. Please be careful when you walk around the neighborhood.

This is the top of the pathway joining block 89 and 91... facing the mrt track.

killerlitter.jpg

...close up of the potential killer litter.

scissors.jpg

Chilling isn't it? The impact of any small object thrown from high floor can be deadly. Luckily it landed on the top of the pathway... imagine it landing on a person!

Wah seh! :)

That's y i also try to avoid walking across the airwell on the ground floor, who knows what might fly down.