Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

for me, personally i am not so interested nor eager for these pple to come visit the estate as i feel that whoever who is organising such an event is pretty much a ball carrier....why do i say so?

1. specially arrange for cleaners to spruce up the place - why cant they leave the place in its original filth. let them see what it is like on a normal day

2. block up many common passage - is there a need to go to such an extent to inconvenience all the residence

3. reserve a huge number of parking lots in the carpark - is this fair for residence who have paid for these parking spaces

let whoever wants to come just come, it is fine to organise games, generate noise, etc...as this is part of the atmosphere and community living but going the extra mile mentioned above is just uncalled for

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
for me, personally i am not so interested nor eager for these pple to come visit the estate as i feel that whoever who is organising such an event is pretty much a ball carrier....why do i say so?

1. specially arrange for cleaners to spruce up the place - why cant they leave the place in its original filth. let them see what it is like on a normal day

2. block up many common passage - is there a need to go to such an extent to inconvenience all the residence

3. reserve a huge number of parking lots in the carpark - is this fair for residence who have paid for these parking spaces

let whoever wants to come just come, it is fine to organise games, generate noise, etc...as this is part of the atmosphere and community living but going the extra mile mentioned above is just uncalled for

I do agree pretty much too. But this is exactly how the corporate world works. My company also has this kinda ppl. Always doing the uncalled for stuffs like

"special" housekeeping.

"special" lunch buffet for auditors.

"special" treatment for VIPs even if it means to break rules that has never been broken before.

And the list goes on and on....

Luckily on that day there were no funeral... Else would the usual rule apply whereby funeral will take place at the pavillion or would the dead would have to give way to such events. (errr... i'm refering to the block party) are we talking bout the same thing.

Edited by armani

Actually I also not sure why this fella is coming; he is not even in our GRC!

But well, about the balls-carriers, dun take it too hard. To many of them, its just work. I used to hate such people too; kiasu, kiasee, kia kui + kia cheng-hu! I would label them as spineless souls floating around, no aim in life and waiting to die only. But now I learnt to accept them lor.

Then to others, its just plain respect; its like welcoming a guest to your house. Surely if someone you respect is coming to your house, you won't leave your house in its 'original filth' and let him/her see what its like on a normal day, would you?

Anyway, 2nd Nov there will be a big party also; this is by the RC, who are all residents here and not govt servants. They will also announce the detailed plan for the new upgrading at the hawker. Do come and enjoy lah!

Not too keen on such visits too but just happy that the food centre will be upgraded. Probably just need some vip to announce it.

Luckily on that day there were no funeral... Else would the usual rule apply whereby funeral will take place at the pavillion or would the dead would have to give way to such events. (errr... i'm refering to the block party) are we talking bout the same thing.

Actually there was a funeral at Blk 90 during the block party.

Not too keen on such visits too but just happy that the food centre will be upgraded. Probably just need some vip to announce it.

Actually there was a funeral at Blk 90 during the block party.

Didn't know of it...the 3 circles? hm...hope my favourite porridge stall won't disappear after that...love it since my childhood days..

corporate world i dont really care as it is all about business and survival but for such estate activities, what survival are we talkin about? it is all already monopolised in a conglomerate style....where is there a need to be a nuisance to the residence

anyway yes there was a funeral during the block party, it was unfortunate that the funeral had to be relegated to the void deck instead of blk91A pavillion

corporate world i dont really care as it is all about business and survival but for such estate activities, what survival are we talkin about? it is all already monopolised in a conglomerate style....where is there a need to be a nuisance to the residence

Even thou I am not too keen on such activities but do not really agree with your reasoning. There are some residents who enjoy such activities, and such activities also bring life and vigour to the neighbourhood too. Besides, as MP/grassroot leaders, you must be seen to be doing things to your constituency (be it upgrading, visits, parties etc etc) and not just appear once every 5 years for election.

Anyway, will be there to take a look at the upgrading exhibition. :yamseng:

Even thou I am not too keen on such activities but do not really agree with your reasoning. There are some residents who enjoy such activities, and such activities also bring life and vigour to the neighbourhood too. Besides, as MP/grassroot leaders, you must be seen to be doing things to your constituency (be it upgrading, visits, parties etc etc) and not just appear once every 5 years for election.

Anyway, will be there to take a look at the upgrading exhibition. :yamseng:

Hmm....they come...I think most of us won't care...at most take a few looks...but need not cordon off passageway with tape, need not get a carpark lady to guard/ block multiple season parking slots the night before. Cleaning up, I don't mind cause at least it's our block that is cleaner, even for a day or 2, it's still to our benefit...but only wished it's done more frequently.

The parking part, should let them park as per everyone. Honestly, the carpark is huge, there are alot of parking spaces, won't run out anytime soon I think. no need to get someone to stand guard over a few chosen lots...

Cordoning off passageway is even more crappy...might as well put red carpet, gold path? haha...they are also humans...need to have special path mehz? and it really does inconvenient so many residents since the day before...

precisely....they are welcome to come as they want, party as much as they want, entertain as much as the crowd wants, what I do not agree is the need to spruce up, barricade walkways, reserve parking lots etc

to spruce up the place on an impromptu basis for such a visit does not have the same analogy to havin visitors to one;s home. the cost used to spruce up comes from the community versus sprucing up one;s home is individual;s cost.

anyway so much said....

I agree. sin't the money the used to spruce up for the event taxpayers' money? Well.. i know they can get sponsors for such events but as far as i know... Some of the funding do come from government so though it's not directly taxpayers' money. but indirectly it came from us isn't it? Esp. Those who were in CCMCs will know.

there is nothing wrong with "putting up show" but there is a limit to this and i believes most of the time it happened far too often and too much and too tiring.

encountered a few incidents with this kind of people and things just get tai chi around. until, i wrote in to PM's office and his PA replied. amazingly all things was resolved with the most amazing speed :bangwall:

to spruce up the place on an impromptu basis for such a visit does not have the same analogy to havin visitors to one;s home. the cost used to spruce up comes from the community versus sprucing up one;s home is individual;s cost.

Its the same, only on a bigger scale. VIP visits your home, you spend money to welcome him. VIP visits to the community, the community spends money to welcome him.

But I think the difference is whether there is an unanimous agreement amongst the community that he is VIP in the first place...? :notti:

For me, like above, I too questioned on the purpose of K Shanmugam visiting us, since he is not even a MP in our GRC.

Hi people, check with u guys.. any one here uses Citygas and can use rainshower? I was told that citygas cant use rain shower cos of pressure and temp issue. How true is this? then btw, anyone uses citygas dryer? can give feedback too??

Hi people, check with u guys.. any one here uses Citygas and can use rainshower? I was told that citygas cant use rain shower cos of pressure and temp issue. How true is this? then btw, anyone uses citygas dryer? can give feedback too??

Hi Pongy,

I use all these that you mentioned and everything is working fine for me. Water pressure is sufficient and the temperature is good. Only setback, where I think Zirhk is experiencing too, is that citygas heater heats the water when you turn on the hot water tap. This means those water that are already in the pipe between the heater and the tap would not be heated up. This results in a lag time for the hot water to come. Other than that, the heater provides sufficient hot water for 2 individual showers at 1 time, at least for my house. I am quite happy to have installed the citygas.

Dryer wise, works fine, simple to use too. Take note that the dryer comes with a rack that allows you to place it above your washing machine. This rack is self standing, need not drill any holes to any wall. I am quite angry with the sales who sold it to me cause they did not inform me of this, end up I catered space for my dryer and washing machine to be separate in my kitchen. Waste of space in my situation. So, don't follow in my footsteps.

On a side note, as the rack cannot be used in my case, I got an extra rack for the dryer. Anyone who wants it can buy from me. SP services told me they sell it for 120 if sold separately. I am willing to part it at 50 bucks. hehe....

Hope this helps..if you need to know more, feel free to contact me. :)