Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

What: CNY Lou Hei 2009

Where: Blk 89 Tanglin Halt Road #34-356

When: 6 Feb 2009, Friday, 7:00pm till late

Food: Meihao's Mini Buffet A, choice of food as earlier mentioned...

Budget: S$15/adult (own children free)

Payment: POSB savings account no. 040-28263-7

*** Appreciate if can pay by Sunday (1st Feb 09) as we confirming buffet on Monday (2nd Feb 09) ***

Who:

1. zirhk3355 & wife [PAID]

2. jule & husband [PENDING PAYMENT]

3. oda [PAID]

4. cartoon_wayne & wife

5. Edwin & wife [PENDING PAYMENT]

6. CF Wendy & husband [PAID]

7. Andy & Wife [PAID]

8. Angeline Poon-Tan [PAID]

9. GTeton & husband [PENDING PAYMENT]

10. Wendy Lee & husband [PAID]

11. TYM and wife [PAID]

12. Sakae_sushi & wife [PAID]

13. Sherryl & husband (maybe)

14. Aven Khoo & wife [PAID]

15. June Tang & husband

16. Home2be & Wife [PAID]

17. Aruloli & husband (maybe)

18. Desmond & wife (maybe)

19. Eugene & wife (maybe)

(more more!)

Total: 28 pax confirmed, 8 pax maybe. (Woohoo!)

Khriz, just to confirm, you received payment from me liao hor?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Khriz, just to confirm, you received payment from me liao hor?

Yes, I did. ;)

----------------

YAAA! WE HIT 30 PAX ALREADY!! ;)

Food: TBA (either YLS or Four Seasons, Meihao has bad feedback)

*** Appreciate if can pay by Sunday (1st Feb 09) as we confirming buffet on Monday (2nd Feb 09) ***

Who:

3. oda [PAID]

4. cartoon_wayne & wife [PAID]

5. Edwin & wife [PAID]

7. Andy & Wife [PAID]

9. GTeton & husband [PENDING PAYMENT]

11. TYM and wife [PAID]

15. June Tang & husband

16. Home2be & Wife [PAID]

17. Aruloli & husband [PENDING PAYMENT]

18. Desmond & wife (maybe)

19. Eugene & wife (maybe)

(more more!)

Total: 30 pax confirmed, 6 pax maybe. (Woohoo!)

Edited by zirhk3355

Hmmz, then I think we gotta start addressing you by the surnames on Friday! :sport-smiley-003:

Hey, count me in (2 for me and my wifey)....Khriz, your home still busy with filming ah...just saw over abt 1 week ago, some filim crew at your home...

Speaking of filming, anyone of you caught that channel 8 drama at 9pm where the 3 kids whacked the lecher in the supermarket? That was Sheng Siong downstairs at Blk88 right...I'm pretty sure of it.

Food: 10-course buffet from YLS Catering, must-eat is their kong ba bao! (Trying to order more of it...hehe...)

Who:

3. oda [PAID]

4. cartoon_wayne & wife [PAID]

5. Edwin & wife [PAID]

7. Andy & Wife [PAID]

9. GTeton & husband [PAID]

11. TYM & wife [PAID]

15. Home2be & Wife [PAID]

16. Aruloli & husband [PAID]

17. Desmond & wife (maybe)

18. yster & wife

19. Raymond Heng & wife [PAID]

(more more!)

Total: 32 pax confirmed, 4 pax maybe. (Woohoo!)

Edited by zirhk3355

Hey, count me in (2 for me and my wifey)....Khriz, your home still busy with filming ah...just saw over abt 1 week ago, some filim crew at your home...

Speaking of filming, anyone of you caught that channel 8 drama at 9pm where the 3 kids whacked the lecher in the supermarket? That was Sheng Siong downstairs at Blk88 right...I'm pretty sure of it.

Yeah there was another show they are doing...hehe, how did you know it was my place?? You came up to watch? Why didn't walk in to say hi??

Didn't know about the drama at Sheng Siong, though...

Neighbours/Drivers, any cheap and good car wash near our place you would recommend besides the SPC along Queensway?

Btw, anyone have their vehicles clean by the Indian guy in our MSCP? How much is it and is it any good? Was approached a few times but still very hesistant cos I seen some clean the whole carpark with one pail of water.

Neighbours/Drivers, any cheap and good car wash near our place you would recommend besides the SPC along Queensway?

Btw, anyone have their vehicles clean by the Indian guy in our MSCP? How much is it and is it any good? Was approached a few times but still very hesistant cos I seen some clean the whole carpark with one pail of water.

Yoyo...not very near...but quite a good deal...caltex after you exit pie stevens. 1 for 1 wash promotion till march I think. But you need to go back within a week to claim your free second wash. 7 bucks. thus 1 for 1 makes it 3.5 bucks.

They are more thorough as compared to other petrol stations, inclusive of wheel shining which not many petrol stations do at 7 bucks.

Anyway, sorry if I offend anyone, I disapprove the idea of the indians washing cars in the lots. They make the whole ground wet. I used to ride a bike and I slipped and skidded across half the carpark right after I came down from a slope because of their soapy puddles, though not our carpark, but it is caused by the same group of people. Town council does not approve this and has informed me to tell them when I see....but I was hesitant because I think many of our neighbours are using their services.

The puddles of water here and there does make it more risky both for motorists and elderly people....washing bay are designed for a reason...

I had been using the car wash at the Caltex station after Anchorpoint (Caltex and Shell are side-by-side). They are quite popular and always packed during peak hours. Think mainly because they are cheap, MPV is only $8.

Andy, the Esso station opposite the Caltex you mentioned has the best car wash I known in Singapore; alot of top-notch cars and people go there to wash, but they are expensive. To reach there you must travel PIE towards Tuas exit Stevens Rd; PIE towards Changi exit Stevens Rd will only let you go into Caltex. The boss is a short, beng-looking Chinese guy, behaving like an army general; you can see him shouting at his staff all the time, sometimes with vulgarities! (Maybe that's why they are good...)

I also do not approve of car washing in MSCP, save for the washing bay, because it makes a mess of the place and like Andy said, its dangerous for bikes and people as well. Imagine if your old folks slipped and fell. Sorry if this sounds bad but I don't have pity for the indian carwashers because they do not look like locals to me. Foreigners are an asset to us only if they are talents or supplement our workforce, but not when they do illegal things like such car wash. I also heard of horror stories like when you turn them away, they will vandalise your car (other estates, not ours! Hehe).

IMO we should complain to town council to stop this; those neighbours who are guilty of supporting such car wash should be asked to stop lor. If it doesn't work maybe town council should explore if there are any legal provision to impose fines on the car owners for dirtying the MSCP, which I think is possible since the carwashers are paid by them to work, so their wrongdoings represent that of the car owners'. No point to go after the carwashers because they will play catching with you, even if caught, they also got no money to pay fine and nothing to lose...

Edited by zirhk3355

Yoyo...not very near...but quite a good deal...caltex after you exit pie stevens. 1 for 1 wash promotion till march I think. But you need to go back within a week to claim your free second wash. 7 bucks. thus 1 for 1 makes it 3.5 bucks.

They are more thorough as compared to other petrol stations, inclusive of wheel shining which not many petrol stations do at 7 bucks.

Anyway, sorry if I offend anyone, I disapprove the idea of the indians washing cars in the lots. They make the whole ground wet. I used to ride a bike and I slipped and skidded across half the carpark right after I came down from a slope because of their soapy puddles, though not our carpark, but it is caused by the same group of people. Town council does not approve this and has informed me to tell them when I see....but I was hesitant because I think many of our neighbours are using their services.

The puddles of water here and there does make it more risky both for motorists and elderly people....washing bay are designed for a reason...

7 bucks, 1 for 1, that means washing twice in a week? Currently washing once a week, paying $3 for washing at SPC Queensway when you top up there, redeemable within a week also. But tks for the info.

hmm.. never thought of the risk for motorcyclist. But then again, there are some who wash thier cars at the washing bay and the soapy water flowing across the carpark as well. As for TC, if they are serious in eradicating this, they can just stationed their people at the MSCP at night, no need for the residents to inform them. So far, i think these people are not causing any nuisance and I would also close one eye.

7 bucks, 1 for 1, that means washing twice in a week? Currently washing once a week, paying $3 for washing at SPC Queensway when you top up there, redeemable within a week also. But tks for the info.

hmm.. never thought of the risk for motorcyclist. But then again, there are some who wash thier cars at the washing bay and the soapy water flowing across the carpark as well. As for TC, if they are serious in eradicating this, they can just stationed their people at the MSCP at night, no need for the residents to inform them. So far, i think these people are not causing any nuisance and I would also close one eye.

Oh...3 bucks is cheap! But i have been using caltex all along..plus now getting the 17% caltex discount with safra card. hehe...

Indeed quite stupid to wash car every 7 days..haha..so until now I also only did that once...would prefer to wash myself, but not able to find time most of the time. Need to pay 7 bucks to wash...still can't justify very well for myself..haha..

Town council is not very proactive about the car-washing thingy. I informed and complained because of my slip and fall incident. They only commented that I can inform them if I see again. But whether they will take any action, I am also not sure at all. And yes, inconsiderate car-washers also leave the soapy water beyond the car-washing bay. The washing bay does not hold the water in well. I do try to flush them back if I spill out of the bay, but the floor would still be quite wet.

I had been using the car wash at the Caltex station after Anchorpoint (Caltex and Shell are side-by-side). They are quite popular and always packed during peak hours. Think mainly because they are cheap, MPV is only $8.

Andy, the Esso station opposite the Caltex you mentioned has the best car wash I known in Singapore; alot of top-notch cars and people go there to wash, but they are expensive. To reach there you must travel PIE towards Tuas exit Stevens Rd; PIE towards Changi exit Stevens Rd will only let you go into Caltex. The boss is a short, beng-looking Chinese guy, behaving like an army general; you can see him shouting at his staff all the time, sometimes with vulgarities! (Maybe that's why they are good...)

I also do not approve of car washing in MSCP, save for the washing bay, because it makes a mess of the place and like Andy said, its dangerous for bikes and people as well. Imagine if your old folks slipped and fell. Sorry if this sounds bad but I don't have pity for the indian carwashers because they do not look like locals to me. Foreigners are an asset to us only if they are talents or supplement our workforce, but not when they do illegal things like such car wash. I also heard of horror stories like when you turn them away, they will vandalise your car (other estates, not ours! Hehe).

IMO we should complain to town council to stop this; those neighbours who are guilty of supporting such car wash should be asked to stop lor. If it doesn't work maybe town council should explore if there are any legal provision to impose fines on the car owners for dirtying the MSCP, which I think is possible since the carwashers are paid by them to work, so their wrongdoings represent that of the car owners'. No point to go after the carwashers because they will play catching with you, even if caught, they also got no money to pay fine and nothing to lose...

Really?! haha...I didn't know...cause all along only tried shell and caltex washing services...but if you say expensive, then i don't bear to part with the money to let them wash liaoz...kekeke..

as far as the indian car washer goes, i dont mind his presence though i will never use such pple to wash my car but what irks me of his behaviour are three things:

1. The water he uses is not from the car wash bay but stolen from the taps (actually I also dont care) but the crux of the issue is sometimes the tap is not torqued back resulting in water wastage after he leaves. As long as he uses the water is not so bad, at least our earth resources were utilised in a form or another.

2. The pails he uses are stored at the staircases of the MSCP. To me again this is not acceptable, cant he just take his pails and rags home instead of leaving them lying around in an unsightly manner. How do I know? hahha I am one of those few jokers who opt to take the stairs almost all the time

3. The way he washes, is via sprinkling water onto the car, almost like sprinkling holy water, thus the cars on either side will also get wet which is really frustrating if one has just washed their car and very particular about water stains.

Anyway revolving around the estate, the most irritating is the driveway to the MSCP where SS disallows delivery trucks to use the delivery bays resulting in these trucks parking all along the drive way resulting in drivers having difficulty navigating out of the MSCP near to Block 89/90. I have taken all the necessary photos but am too busy to highlight to the relevant authorities as I know it is going to be a long hauled game with these bunch of officers, maybe when I get a little time off my work.

i have even come across once where they were unloading onto a trolley along the drive way with the other trolley fully loaded in the middle of the drive way rendering it impossible for cars to pass. i was kind and patient to not even tap my horn while the looked at me waiting for them to unload more stuff with no shame or responsibility to bother to move the trolley that was blocking my path. It took a good few minutes before they finished unloading and pushed the trolley away while giving me the _|_ look

Edited by deepakvali

It's better to DIY washing for me. I intent to stop using "FOC" water supply nearby as our MSCP camera is up. Dunno wat's tat for. You can even find them along stairway. The "FOC" water also not clean if I'm not wrong.

It's better to DIY washing for me. I intent to stop using "FOC" water supply nearby as our MSCP camera is up. Dunno wat's tat for. You can even find them along stairway. The "FOC" water also not clean if I'm not wrong.

haha...come to think of that...maybe we few neighbours can wash together...keke...our washing bay max I think can go in 3....2 officially, but 3 should still be fine...washing alone quite boring..