Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

BTW, a four room unit at blk 89 just sold for $555k!!! how come less than 5 years can sell?

Flat Type : 4 Room

Street Name : Tanglin Halt Rd

Block No. : 89 to 91

Resale Approval Date : Jan 2009 to Apr 2009

Click on the to sort the records according to the categories shown.

HDB Town Block Storey Floor - Queenstown 89, 21 to 25

Area (sqm) - 90.00

Lease Commence Date - 2008

Resale Price - $555,000.00

Resale Approval Date - Mar 2009

In this economy still can get such price, I think all of us are in good hands lah! I am putting up my common room for rental again and the demand is still quite hot. I believe the going rental rates for our estate is still between $750-950/mth, depends on your furnishings and services provided.

Anyone who is keen to rent also, pls don't need to spend money go pay agents! Just the name of our estate will keep your hp ringing after you post on those rental websites.

Edited by zirhk3355

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am using citygas heater and I have a rain shower in my room; no problem at all! Its more like a 'heavy drizzle', but definitely acceptable to most people. But if you got one of those power massaging rain showers, I am not sure if its gona work.

Hee thanks zirhk3355. Mine's the normal type, so I guess I'm An Wei le. Not a wrong buy.

In this economy still can get such price, I think all of us are in good hands lah! I am putting up my common room for rental again and the demand is still quite hot. I believe the going rental rates for our estate is still between $750-950/mth, depends on your furnishings and services provided.

Anyone who is keen to rent also, pls don't need to spend money go pay agents! Just the name of our estate will keep your hp ringing after you post on those rental websites.

A neighbour who is an estate agent pop by and told me onli $500 to $600 with aircon and internet services plus a fully furnished room of course. LOL

She wants us to rent out a room immediately when reno is completed cos people will like everything brand new and will get higher rental. True? I thot location matters? haha

Next time we want to rent, I PM you for help can? :)

A neighbour who is an estate agent pop by and told me onli $500 to $600 with aircon and internet services plus a fully furnished room of course. LOL

She wants us to rent out a room immediately when reno is completed cos people will like everything brand new and will get higher rental. True? I thot location matters? haha

Next time we want to rent, I PM you for help can? :)

Ok details for my common room: It is fully-furnished with aircon and I am capping their utilities fees at $250; anything above will share. I also provide free wireless internet, SCV basic channels and once-a-week housekeeping services (clean room, change bedsheets, wash/iron clothes). I am asking for $900/mth, and I am already getting more than 15 calls within two days and I shown the room to more than 5 people. If nothing goes wrong I should be closing a deal with one of them at $850/mth very soon.

There are alot of agents out there wanting to do quick deal. At $500-600/mth, the tenants will be banging your door to get in, so confirm can close deal on the spot at first viewing. The only problem is to convince the landlords to accept it, which is what he is trying to do to you.

Some people think, hey higher rent the agents will get higher comm mah, why won't they help me get high rent?? To the agents, if I can CONFIRM close a $500 deal and get my comm quick, why should I work hard to TRY a $900 deal, which may not even happen? Its a no-brainer.

But low rental, landlord suffers, and in turn they will be stingy on their services to the tenants, and they also suffers. So who's the final winner?? Agents! They will be laughing away with their easy comm!

So pl don't let that happen; yes come to me if you need help on rental next time. ;P

Edited by zirhk3355

Did anyone experienced the same thing as me? Last night I was caught in the freak rain storm, when I got home at about 10+pm. I swear I never felt such wind in Singapore my whole life!

The TREES along Tanglin Halt Rd were bent (I swear!), the plants at our playground looked like they are going to break off, sand flying everywhere, half-filled dustbins flew off, and I actually had difficulties opening my eyes and walking! People's laundry were falling off also, heng never got hit by the bamboo projectiles...

Just saw the news today:

April 23, 2009

Freak storm wreaks havoc

By Felicia Wong , Derrick Ho

A FREAKISH storm with strong winds uprooted trees, damaged cars and left a trail of destruction on Wednesday night, all within about 15 minutes.

There were numerous reports of fallen trees island-wide, with at least one car damaged by the falling branches in an open carpark. At a housing estate in Dover Road, a large tree almost snapped in half and lay fallen on its side, with other branches strewn across the grassy area.

Eyewitnesses also reported that large plastic barricades used in roadworks were blown across a road by the strong winds, causing traffic obstruction. Pham Tan Hung found a large tree fallen outside Hong Leong Gardens in Clementi while on his way to work on Thursday morning. 'It's a shocking scene to me. It covered the whole walking path to the bus stop, around 6 to 8 metres,' he wrote to straitstimes.com

Weather maps from the National Environmental Agency (NEA)'s website showed that a rain storm blew over Singapore shortly after 11pm on Wednesday.

Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter were also abuzz with postings about the freak storm. Bloggers in Singapore also recounted personal stories, with many saying they were awoken by the violent rattling and slamming of doors caused by the winds. Others reported car alarms going off.

'We had to duck from the many things that were blowing out of control. There was a road block signage that blew across a major road. heavy duty dustbins dropped like bowling pins. We had to take refuge on the outside of a building' wrote mistipurple on her blog.

'I don't know how widely the winds could have travelled, but tonight for about five minutes, I experienced one of the strongest winds since returning to Singapore,' wrote blogger mis-erialc.

'In fact, I don't remember a time that we've ever experienced winds so strong. As the wind repeatedly assaulted my blinds, I couldn't help but look outside at the environmental commotion it was causing - the bending of trees, the picking up and tossing around of random objects outside.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement & Condition of Access

Ok details for my common room: It is fully-furnished with aircon and I am capping their utilities fees at $250; anything above will share. I also provide free wireless internet, SCV basic channels and once-a-week housekeeping services (clean room, change bedsheets, wash/iron clothes). I am asking for $900/mth, and I am already getting more than 15 calls within two days and I shown the room to more than 5 people. If nothing goes wrong I should be closing a deal with one of them at $850/mth very soon.

There are alot of agents out there wanting to do quick deal. At $500-600/mth, the tenants will be banging your door to get in, so confirm can close deal on the spot at first viewing. The only problem is to convince the landlords to accept it, which is what he is trying to do to you.

Some people think, hey higher rent the agents will get higher comm mah, why won't they help me get high rent?? To the agents, if I can CONFIRM close a $500 deal and get my comm quick, why should I work hard to TRY a $900 deal, which may not even happen? Its a no-brainer.

But low rental, landlord suffers, and in turn they will be stingy on their services to the tenants, and they also suffers. So who's the final winner?? Agents! They will be laughing away with their easy comm!

So pl don't let that happen; yes come to me if you need help on rental next time. ;P

How you cap their utilities fees? I mean the electricity bill comes for the whole house. :dunno: (pardon my ignorance)

Still thanks for offering to help. Yup will find you when we want to rent :)

Did anyone experienced the same thing as me? Last night I was caught in the freak rain storm, when I got home at about 10+pm. I swear I never felt such wind in Singapore my whole life!

The TREES along Tanglin Halt Rd were bent (I swear!), the plants at our playground looked like they are going to break off, sand flying everywhere, half-filled dustbins flew off, and I actually had difficulties opening my eyes and walking! People's laundry were falling off also, heng never got hit by the bamboo projectiles...

Yes. We are currently staying in Jurong. The wind was really much stronger than usual. When we opened the window to peek (a small opening), all the tiny leaflets just blew straight into our living room! Luckily no car alarms going off or trees falling at our side. At the most just random items like plastic bags flying everywhere. lol

How you cap their utilities fees? I mean the electricity bill comes for the whole house. :dunno: (pardon my ignorance)

Its capped for the whole house; I will pay the first $250 on the utilities bill, anything exceeding will be shared equally based on headcount (ie wifey and me will be counted as two head counts).

Its capped for the whole house; I will pay the first $250 on the utilities bill, anything exceeding will be shared equally based on headcount (ie wifey and me will be counted as two head counts).

my utilities so far been around $250 olso. 24/7 with pple at home and cook 5 days a week. with fish tank running 24/7. air con for 1 room at nite. :) kana 300 bucks before and its so scary :(

my utilities so far been around $250 olso. 24/7 with pple at home and cook 5 days a week. with fish tank running 24/7. air con for 1 room at nite. :) kana 300 bucks before and its so scary :(

Wah like that I can be safe that my bills will be below that; most of the time no one in the house, the only thing running 24/7 is my fridge.

Wah like that I can be safe that my bills will be below that; most of the time no one in the house, the only thing running 24/7 is my fridge.

where your wine chiller? i yet to taste the expensive wione you have manz.

Wah this is very irresponsible and unsightly. I hate those neighbour messing up the corridor, especially drying of clothes etc. Those from blk90, do alert town council about the charcoal stove.

Wah this is very irresponsible and unsightly. I hate those neighbour messing up the corridor, especially drying of clothes etc. Those from blk90, do alert town council about the charcoal stove.

why no action from HDB? or it should be town council cos anything that is outside main door is tanjong pagar TC problem. HDB and town council dont communicate. they busy doing tai chi exercise :P maybe the charcoal stove need to burn down the whole building before any action is taken. look at our koufu food court, house flies flying around.

i'm not complaining here. the government say we are not third world country anymore. this is why there is certain kind of expectation in terms of standard of living as a citizen. there is LOTS of rats running around the estate at night too.

khriz is there anything you can do to voice about it? we dun have any choice cos when election come it forever be a walk over here.

n the vandalism @ the garden exercise corner... i juz told off a bunch of 'pests' yesterday for trying to spoil the instruction board and spitting... terrible...

Saw 2 girls from Queensway Sec lying down near the lift (from Koufu) on Deck 4 of MSCP this morning. Yes, lying down side by side.

Rushing off to work so did not exactly see what they were doing.