Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Your misconception of the whole situation is exactly what I meant by taking everything on stomp with a pinch of salt. I do not want to fan fire, so I will talk in a 'beat-around-the-bush' way, but just to let you guys in a little more on what you do not see on stomp:

1. The charcoal stove is not there all the time, its only out there at "certain times";

2. 60% of the time the charcoal stove is not in sight, while only 10% of the time it is in use;

3. The improvised rack with bamboo poles, hangers, clothes, etc, you see on the railings does not belong to the charcoal stove's owner. No prize for guessing who it belongs to;

4. If you noticed, there are two religious altars on the wall; they belong to separate people;

Lastly, since HDB was already informed, we saw it during the house visit together with HDB/TC/police/etc and the MP, why still nothing was done?? Think about it. ;)

My point is simple and clear. There should be no charcoal cooking at the corridor. That is a very windy area and charcoal burning generates immense amounts of soot and dust. Imagine the problems of the neighbour living directly below his unit. A high chance of dust coating his door area. Since it is an act that causes obvious inconvenience to neighbours, why does it matter if it is used x% of the time? The fact that HDB may/mayn't allow is besides the point. As neighbours, we must think of others before embarking on an act especially outside the confines of our unit. Think about it, why didn't they charcoal cook in their flat? Because it's better to dirty the corridor or because HDB disallows? What the rules don't say doesn't mean common sense shouldn't be used. And who the clothing belong to is immaterial. They were just a side topic since they are fuel to fire.

I still admire you for your responsibility and initiative to the neighbourhood :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hehe...when are you available again? Hey I think I saw you a few times at the void deck but maybe you can't recognise me... ;P

For me most of after office hours is good for me, my work now quite 'stable' don't need to do alot of OT... :D

Aiyo, how can i not see our "Chairman" :P mayb bcos i always deep in thoughts recently, busy with work.

After office hours also ok for me, just sms me.

My point is simple and clear. There should be no charcoal cooking at the corridor. That is a very windy area and charcoal burning generates immense amounts of soot and dust. Imagine the problems of the neighbour living directly below his unit. A high chance of dust coating his door area. Since it is an act that causes obvious inconvenience to neighbours, why does it matter if it is used x% of the time? The fact that HDB may/mayn't allow is besides the point. As neighbours, we must think of others before embarking on an act especially outside the confines of our unit. Think about it, why didn't they charcoal cook in their flat? Because it's better to dirty the corridor or because HDB disallows? What the rules don't say doesn't mean common sense shouldn't be used. And who the clothing belong to is immaterial. They were just a side topic since they are fuel to fire.

I still admire you for your responsibility and initiative to the neighbourhood :)

Aiyo, sorry for my bad english; think I beat around the bush too much that you cannot understand me.

Simply put, this charcoal stove owner does not really use the stove to cook their meals. They bought it just to spite their "Good Neighbour", whom I had mentioned isn't much of a saint himself. I dare say he had done worse things than the filth of a charcoal stove. This is a case of 'everitt road' neighbour dispute.

Hope the above is clear enough. zz

Sorry, I'm rather thick up there so couldn't catch your hints. Well if HDB/Police/TC can't handle this, then may the meanest party survive this war. Hopefully some party mediates :)

no offence but from the way you described things, you seem to know exactly which family the clothes rack, charcoal stove and altars belong to, would you mind to share more details?

from the look of things in the picture, the altars (both the altars) seem to belong to the family that was using the charcoal stove to cook.... and it seems to be different from your description.

no offence but from the way you described things, you seem to know exactly which family the clothes rack, charcoal stove and altars belong to, would you mind to share more details?

from the look of things in the picture, the altars (both the altars) seem to belong to the family that was using the charcoal stove to cook.... and it seems to be different from your description.

Privacy bro...sorry. But its a believe it or not...so, up to you.

My point is just to share how we should take everything from stomp with a pinch of salt and not get all worked up. ;)

Need to check out with you guys who have kids.

I notice there's only 2 childcare centre around our area within 1 km distance.

1) Blk 46 Tanglin Halt Road and

2) Queenstown CC

For those mums who are working, please help.

How do you settle your kids who are in primary school?

Blk 46 do not have after school care.

Queenstown CC currently do not have after school care cos they do not enuff kids to form a class. Pending next year attendance to decide whether to start one.

SO, working mums with primary school kids at Tanglin Halt who do not have in-laws and maid, WHERE do you girls place ur children?

Seriously, need help on this! Thanks

Hope they can do the same check here :(

ON May 5, a member of the public wrote a letter to AsiaOne complaining about rats sightings at Blk 75A/B/C Redhill Road.

The reader said there had been many rats spotted since moving to the area in 2007, stating one incident in which he "saw two small rats running around the drains at 4pm in board daylight" while having coffee at the coffee shop.

AsiaOne wrote to National Environment Agency (NEA) for a media response.

NEA's statement of response

Our officers had carried out an inspection of the Redhill Road estate, and detected four active rodent burrows in the vicinity of Blk 74, 75A, and 75D Redhill Road.

It was assessed that poor refuse management (leading to the availability of food) was the main contributing factor to the increased rodent activity in the area.

The Tanjong Pagar Town Council (TPTC), who manages the estate, had responded by activating their Pest Control Operators to treat the rodent burrows.

NEA has on its part served an Order under the Control of Vectors and Pesticides Act, requiring TPTC to undertake the necessary measures to suppress the rodent population.

The maximum fine upon conviction for the first offence of failing to comply with the requirements of the Order is $20,000 and for the second or subsequent offences, $50,000.

For effective rodent control, there is a need for all stakeholders in a same estate to play an active part in denying food sources to the rodents and ensuring proper waste management.

NEA has directed the Town Council and the food establishments in the area to ensure that proper waste management and rodent control measures are in place to keep rodents at bay.

Enforcement action will be taken against any parties found with poor waste management or hygiene lapses.

Spokesperson

National Environment Agency

moral of story here is someone need to feedback to the press, make public before they will take actions. our estate have lots of rats families. maybe this year is year of rats thats why they leave them alone. LOL.

Spot the picture game mah. Me & wife had a good time guessing...next time khris must tell me your answer ya.

Spot the picture game mah. Me & wife had a good time guessing...next time khris must tell me your answer ya.

What game?

finally can login... Somemore my office PC got problem with renotalk forum.. can read, cannot login...

I think I know which families Khriz is talking about. We saw the units during the Block Visit few weeks back. And it seems there's some history already, not a recent event... Both sides been calling the HDB, TC etc. but unable to resolve their differences. That corridor is really "crowded", just hope it wont be hazardous.

What game?

That Charcoal stove + 2 alters (Hanging & Seated) + Clothes Rail + 1 door loh...

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/photo/ge...oto.do?id=12486

My Guess:

Clothes Rail & The Hanging Alter belongs to resident living on "your left".

The seated Alter belongs to the door facing you. Because someone book the wall earlier so they place their charcoal stove to block them?

2 neighbours involved ba.

if wat u all claim are true, i.e. knowing which family, belongings of those clutter, calling of Town council....then what on earth is the Town council doing? Resting on their laurels and not act but to wait for a mishap (recall the Redhill incident where a child fell thru the rusty railings)....dont we have a case for escalation?

sometimes the way these organisations function really amuses me.....

if wat u all claim are true, i.e. knowing which family, belongings of those clutter, calling of Town council....then what on earth is the Town council doing? Resting on their laurels and not act but to wait for a mishap (recall the Redhill incident where a child fell thru the rusty railings)....dont we have a case for escalation?

sometimes the way these organisations function really amuses me.....

Let's cut them some slack lah. TC is not God; they cannot (and I also do not expect them to) be at the site 24/7.

The neighbours are probably playing 'catching' with them, when TC comes, they remove the clutter. When they leave, the stove is placed back. And like I said the stove is not there all the time, so maybe on a few occasions when TC went there, they didn't see it.

Its not an easy job, mate.