Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Actually the MSCP roof garden is very vulnerable to vandalization. With the MSCP conveniently located and with all the surrounding schools, seriously impossible to keep it in decent shape in long run. I read from another forum that TPY central horizon's roof garden face the same problem initially. Seem like there are some voice out from the residents and that some kind of padlock implementaton is done. Anyone in for such similar petition :-) ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Saw 2 girls from Queensway Sec lying down near the lift (from Koufu) on Deck 4 of MSCP this morning. Yes, lying down side by side.

Rushing off to work so did not exactly see what they were doing.

wow. girl on girl. like the show i did :P

:blink: What show did you do?

lol it was the TV show call "girl on girl" for clear men shampoo.

strange why chairman khriz not online to "listen" to our request. ;)

if u look back at some post back, in fact i think many, u will realise that i did mention about students lying around on Deck 4 of the MSCP, have witness that too many times, especially on P.H where girls be lying around and there will be the so called "guys" that walk around up from one staircase and down from the other.... no idea what these pple are up to.

lol it was the TV show call "girl on girl" for clear men shampoo.

strange why chairman khriz not online to "listen" to our request. ;)

I am not chairman! Haha... ;P And well, what do you expect me to say?

During the last block visit, it is noted that Blk 90 is indeed quite problematic; alot of 'everitt road' cases. There are several spiteful neighbours who are just out to make others unhappy. Police had been called in a few times already, but such neighbourly disputes are really hard to resolve lor. If I didn't remember wrongly, I think I know where this charcoal stove is. However the one who is complaining about the stove is no saint either. There's always two sides to a story, guys...don't just read stomp and get all worked up. Remember stomp is really every kind of tom, dick and harry complaints they also post one, no filter system no quality checks one! Always take stomp with a pinch of salt...

Not sure if this is cold comfort but the respective agencies were rapped that day, especially TC who went to close up the "man-made" hole on the bushes leading to Tanglin Halt road (near the roundabout). People need to walk, so you don't expect people who park their cars at the open carpark to go one big round. Hopefully they are going to build a staircase there soon.

As for the roof garden, I remember TC is saying they will cut the plants shorter; currently the plants/grass are so long and tall, the whole garden looks so wulu, with alot of hidden corners. Then again, this is the problem with roof-gardens; unlike ground-floor gardens where there will be passerbys, roof-gardens is always more wulu and prone to vandalism and other hanky-panky business.

Like I said before, those who are really concerned, can join me in the COP sessions and do your part for the community; currently its like died of natural death liao... ;)

Edited by zirhk3355

if u look back at some post back, in fact i think many, u will realise that i did mention about students lying around on Deck 4 of the MSCP, have witness that too many times, especially on P.H where girls be lying around and there will be the so called "guys" that walk around up from one staircase and down from the other.... no idea what these pple are up to.

Too much of sex education from AWARE? :P

Like I said before, those who are really concerned, can join me in the COP sessions and do your part for the community; currently its like died of natural death liao... ;)

Don't like that say leh, very pai seh since I volunteered but have not done much. Ok, so when should we revive this?

Actually the MSCP roof garden is very vulnerable to vandalization. With the MSCP conveniently located and with all the surrounding schools, seriously impossible to keep it in decent shape in long run. I read from another forum that TPY central horizon's roof garden face the same problem initially. Seem like there are some voice out from the residents and that some kind of padlock implementaton is done. Anyone in for such similar petition :-) ?

Kind of like the idea but will this inconvenient the old folks going to the senior citizens' corner at the rooftop garden?

Edited by TYM

During the last block visit, it is noted that Blk 90 is indeed quite problematic; alot of 'everitt road' cases. There are several spiteful neighbours who are just out to make others unhappy. Police had been called in a few times already, but such neighbourly disputes are really hard to resolve lor. If I didn't remember wrongly, I think I know where this charcoal stove is. However the one who is complaining about the stove is no saint either. There's always two sides to a story, guys...don't just read stomp and get all worked up. Remember stomp is really every kind of tom, dick and harry complaints they also post one, no filter system no quality checks one! Always take stomp with a pinch of salt...

Stomp has had useless and useful postings but who categorises these? It's our brains afterall. The situation is clear to see in the photos. From what's seen in the post, dust from all the cooking will be flying around, dirtying everyone's stuff and possibly coming into contact with infants. And that is just the secondary effect from cooking. THe primary effect or concern is fire given the windy conditions at Blk 90. That is a very real scenario. Even before anybody advises this culprit from charcoal cooking, his/her common sense must be questioned. Attended cooking reduces the risk but not the filth. Unattended cooking just takes the cake. Just goes to show the attitude of the culprit. Saint or no saint, it's really your call.

Oh btw, I'm not the one who posted in STOMP.

COP program arent going to deter anything cos we are powerless. wat works is authority. does it hurts to patrol the estate like every hour or something? the presence of man in blue will at least deter any nonsense that might happen, make someone think twice before doing anything. someone did question why we never see our man in blue walking and patrol the streets like in HK. although our crimes rate is low does it have to get any serious before we see actions?

btw, i saw NEA officer at market hawker taking photos this morning. guess can go buy 4D liao cos its so rare to see them working. :P once the flu thingie die down they will disappear again.... just like the indian rojak case now no news liao.

yes. its all up to individuals common sense. i tot using of charcoal cooking is ban in hdb estate?

Don't like that say leh, very pai seh since I volunteered but have not done much. Ok, so when should we revive this?

Hehe...when are you available again? Hey I think I saw you a few times at the void deck but maybe you can't recognise me... ;P

For me most of after office hours is good for me, my work now quite 'stable' don't need to do alot of OT... :D

Stomp has had useless and useful postings but who categorises these? It's our brains afterall. The situation is clear to see in the photos. From what's seen in the post, dust from all the cooking will be flying around, dirtying everyone's stuff and possibly coming into contact with infants. And that is just the secondary effect from cooking. THe primary effect or concern is fire given the windy conditions at Blk 90. That is a very real scenario. Even before anybody advises this culprit from charcoal cooking, his/her common sense must be questioned. Attended cooking reduces the risk but not the filth. Unattended cooking just takes the cake. Just goes to show the attitude of the culprit. Saint or no saint, it's really your call.

Oh btw, I'm not the one who posted in STOMP.

Your misconception of the whole situation is exactly what I meant by taking everything on stomp with a pinch of salt. I do not want to fan fire, so I will talk in a 'beat-around-the-bush' way, but just to let you guys in a little more on what you do not see on stomp:

1. The charcoal stove is not there all the time, its only out there at "certain times";

2. 60% of the time the charcoal stove is not in sight, while only 10% of the time it is in use;

3. The improvised rack with bamboo poles, hangers, clothes, etc, you see on the railings does not belong to the charcoal stove's owner. No prize for guessing who it belongs to;

4. If you noticed, there are two religious altars on the wall; they belong to separate people;

Lastly, since HDB was already informed, we saw it during the house visit together with HDB/TC/police/etc and the MP, why still nothing was done?? Think about it. ;)

COP program arent going to deter anything cos we are powerless. wat works is authority. does it hurts to patrol the estate like every hour or something? the presence of man in blue will at least deter any nonsense that might happen, make someone think twice before doing anything. someone did question why we never see our man in blue walking and patrol the streets like in HK. although our crimes rate is low does it have to get any serious before we see actions?

btw, i saw NEA officer at market hawker taking photos this morning. guess can go buy 4D liao cos its so rare to see them working. :P once the flu thingie die down they will disappear again.... just like the indian rojak case now no news liao.

yes. its all up to individuals common sense. i tot using of charcoal cooking is ban in hdb estate?

For that matters I was the one who previously said why our policemen are not patrolling as much as those on the streets of HKG. But I wasn't seriously asking them to visit every HDB estate every hour! Did you actually know how many HDB estate we have in Singapore? I will be the first to protest if they start to get our policemen to do such jobs...

While who does the job remains debatable, what is clear to me now is that this is my home, I stay here; if something wrong and nobody is doing anything about it, I WILL DO IT. I am definitely not pro-government; I never am. But precisely because I am not that's why I am doing what I am doing; they cannot make it what, so I do myself lor. If I ever saw a kid scratching a car in the MSCP or vandalising the walls, h*ll, he will be lucky if I call the police! Who says I am powerless??

The point is, settle the problem first, complain later. I am sure those who care enough about your homes here in Tanglin Halt will also agree with me. I not asking you all to take the law into your own hands, but I hope we don't ever feel that we are powerless la...

For that matters I was the one who previously said why our policemen are not patrolling as much as those on the streets of HKG. But I wasn't seriously asking them to visit every HDB estate every hour! Did you actually know how many HDB estate we have in Singapore? I will be the first to protest if they start to get our policemen to do such jobs...

its not just HDB flat. generally the whole of singapore. do you see the cops around our estate? hardly at all. you find them inside the aircon room next to the hawker. :)

While who does the job remains debatable, what is clear to me now is that this is my home, I stay here; if something wrong and nobody is doing anything about it, I WILL DO IT. I am definitely not pro-government; I never am. But precisely because I am not that's why I am doing what I am doing; they cannot make it what, so I do myself lor. If I ever saw a kid scratching a car in the MSCP or vandalising the walls, h*ll, he will be lucky if I call the police! Who says I am powerless??

you can call the police but will they act? will they be fast enough to arrive. i don't think we have the power to detain the culprits until the police arrive.

The point is, settle the problem first, complain later. I am sure those who care enough about your homes here in Tanglin Halt will also agree with me. I not asking you all to take the law into your own hands, but I hope we don't ever feel that we are powerless la...

the problem is how can we settle problem? its not we tried but its useless that why give up. for example, i've case against HDB, town council. they tai chi here and there hoping you give up. i got fed up and wrote to our PM only then the tai chi exercise end.