Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Heard from the carrot cake/porridge stall auntie that she will open her stall during 1st March secretly...hehe...maybe the contractors not demolishing her stall yet on 1st March ba...

Can meh? Won't the elect and water be turned off for the upgrading works?

Hey hey! Sorry change topic:

Anyone want to revive THUM?? ;)

Can, if got people go, will join in also.

Sorry for the late post!

CNY Gathering 2009: Renotalk + Facebook

CNY-gathering2009.jpg

Finally get to see the photo, I got no Facebook.

Paiseh, cannot remember all the names and faces.

Yup, I chanced upon it too on my way home. Saw police barricades and the tentage where the body is supposed to be. Very sad... :(

My mum heard from someone at Blk 90 that it's an auntie staying on 4th level. Not too sure which level she jumped from though.

The news article appeared in the evening chinese papers on Friday. The deceased is an old man.

Edited by TYM

Can meh? Won't the elect and water be turned off for the upgrading works?

Hmm...maybe auntie never think of that problem...or maybe she'll bring her own water....always see her bring her own flask of coffee and drinks...

Mine just changed today...so far no problem after big business.....so how long did you wait for the silicone to dry? the contractor said 2-3 hours to dry...also he said cannot use soap water to wash the toilet floor for 2-3 weeks...issit true? :dunno:

Sorry for late reply. Yes, silicone usually takes abt 2-3 hrs to dry. Hmm...I'm not too sure abt using soap to wash the floor...cos I wash leh. A day after they changed my WC and yesterday. I did that too when I fixed my shower screens, no leaking or watsoever problems. I guess it shd be fine, just be careful not to scrub the silicon part when washing the floors for the time being.

My WC is the Saniton brand. Yours also the same?

Sorry for late reply. Yes, silicone usually takes abt 2-3 hrs to dry. Hmm...I'm not too sure abt using soap to wash the floor...cos I wash leh. A day after they changed my WC and yesterday. I did that too when I fixed my shower screens, no leaking or watsoever problems. I guess it shd be fine, just be careful not to scrub the silicon part when washing the floors for the time being.

My WC is the Saniton brand. Yours also the same?

The contractor actually said the soap water can cause the silicon to turn yellowish...I guess it's a minor side effect ba....anyway, yup...the brand is Saniton.

Finally the forum is back up! How's everyone??

This downtime of renotalk gave me an idea...looking at the number of people we have during CNY, should we open our own forum now? Its cheap, I can maintain it, and its more relevant also.

Any suggestions for the website's name? www.tanglinhalt.com, www.tanglin88.com, etc?? Hehe... :P *enthu*

Finally the forum is back up! How's everyone??

This downtime of renotalk gave me an idea...looking at the number of people we have during CNY, should we open our own forum now? Its cheap, I can maintain it, and its more relevant also.

Any suggestions for the website's name? www.tanglinhalt.com, www.tanglin88.com, etc?? Hehe... :P *enthu*

Wow zirhk, you are the man!

Having our own forum is an excellent idea. But firstly we might want to identify the aims and feasibility of having our own. What features, contents etc do we intend to have? Will there be active participation or discussion from our neighbours here? etc...

Btw, was RT down for the past 1 mth? I didn't realise it was down until I tried to log in last week. Realised that the last posting in this forum was in end Feb!

Wow zirhk, you are the man!

Having our own forum is an excellent idea. But firstly we might want to identify the aims and feasibility of having our own. What features, contents etc do we intend to have? Will there be active participation or discussion from our neighbours here? etc...

Btw, was RT down for the past 1 mth? I didn't realise it was down until I tried to log in last week. Realised that the last posting in this forum was in end Feb!

how many members n non-members would participate? gate crasher from other estate? facebook contents is good enough ba..

Well the key word for the website is: Community.

Its not about having a lot of people, but just a community of people who wana make friends with their neighbours. As for people from other estate, well there is no barring them but if our conversations are always stemmed in our estate, then they would leave quietly anyway. Topics can range from renovation, accessorizing, marriage/family-planning, cars, shopping, etc etc.

Participation vs contents is always a chicken-egg story; there will only be participation if contents is interesting, but contents can only be interesting if there are various participation from everyone. So it got to start somewhere. We can print simple flyers and put it on everyone's doors (must differentiate ourselves from those usual salesman's flyers!), put up 'illegal' posters on lift lobbies, and most impt is words of mouth.

Cost is not an issue at all; since its expected to be small, I can host it on my current webspace, so that leaves a small cost (less than USD10/yr) to register for a domain name, I can pay for that. We can talk later if its really grows and needs more webspace.

All I need is your mandate that you will personally participate and occasionally help to spread some words of mouth. That's all. If can help in the forum or print/give out flyers, that's a bonus liao.

let's hear from the rest. maybe the next thum come gather members and mods.

ive this question. why do the lift break down so often and why do high floor service lift need to pass through the lower floor too? doesn't this defeat the purpose of having high and low level lift?

ive this question. why do the lift break down so often and why do high floor service lift need to pass through the lower floor too? doesn't this defeat the purpose of having high and low level lift?

good questions! they could have build all 6 for the whole block. 3 higher floor & 3 lower floor really cmi with the silly automation. blk89 breakdown easily because the lower floor lifts are over-work, especially the retarded bigger lift.

some estate lifts could be allocated at different level as stand-by unit, if there're 2 lifts at ground floor, the 2nd lift will automatically go up.

We've 6 lifts. If HDB can set 1 ground floor, 1 mid floor & 1 at 40 all time with other 3 to stop randomly, this might help with the nearest lift to be activated to the call button. but then again, some floors do not have all 6 doors.

OR

Higher floor service lifts - 1 ground floor, 1 at 30th floor & 1 at 40 floor

Lower floor service lifts - 1 ground floor, 1 at 10th floor & 1 at 20 floor

Hee, how i wish to have a lift at my door-step at all times :D

Edited by HOME2BE

its common sense to set the lift at 1st. mid and higher floor. its pretty dumb that sometimes all the lifts just go up at once. i believe this can be solve by programming the software.

this is what they did for some of the older estate whey cant they learn from the past and improve? just like the sheltered walkway between 89 and 90. its literally useless when it rain.

just like temasek polytechnic new campus. it flood whenever it rain cos it was designed by a ang mo firm from canada! they have no tropical rain and wind!

totally agreed!! to the lifts and abt TP (coz i [wifey] was student there)...

sometimes the day is really spoilt by the fact of the 'intelligent' lift system we've got... :bangwall::curse:

Edited by explorers