Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Anyone got lobang good reliable locksmith around here?

need to change my metal gate handle cos its currently hitting (or rather pushing very tightly) on my main door lock screen.. :(

heh no need locksmith already.

i replaced the gate handle thats hitting on the screen with the original wooden door handle. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
for the full day child care, i'm not so worried. there's another one at Queenstown CC. It's the after school care for my next year P1 girl tat I'm having a headache. Cos the HDB sparkletots do not have after school care service while the Queenstown CC may or may not have the service for next year as this year 2009, there's onli a 3 students (low attendance = cancellation of after school care class).

Mothers here all sent their children to New Town Primary School since it's downstairs OR............???

Well, already installed le. Still haven't really get to use it (the system a bit faulty, big shower head and handshower both on at the same time, haven't have time to get the company's installer to check and retify) The water pressure wasn't strong despite living in the mid floor. :bangwall: Where's the gravity!

Hi Kari

Sorry for the late reply as I've not logged in here for a long time. Just saw your posting.

I have two pri-sch going girls (P1 & P3) who are currently studying at CHIJ Kellock. Well, my elder girl was attending that school before I moved, so I decided to stay put and register my younger one in the same sch too. Previously, I was staying at Telok Blangah which is within 1km to CHIJ.

I'm fortunate that I've my mum who helps me with my kids, hence they take school bus to and fro.

I've done a quick search in the MCYS website on student care centres around our area. You can call them for more details:

1. Commonwealth Student Care Centre Blk 37B, Commonwealth Dr, #01 - 01, 02, SINGAPORE 142037 (Tel: 64749209)

2. Topmarks Student Care Centre Blk 143, Mei Ling St, #01 - 153, SINGAPORE 140143 (Tel : 64792500)

3. YMCA Gan Eng Seng Student Care Centre 100, Redhill Close, Gan Eng Seng Primary School, SINGAPORE 158901 (Tel: 64790601)

4. Joy Place Blk 38C, Belvedere Close, #01 - 03, SINGAPORE 159883 (Tel : 64752680)

5. Little Professors Student Care Centre (Redhill) Blk 75D, Redhill Road, #01 - 108, SINGAPORE 154075 (Tel : 93277010)

You can access the list of childcare and student care centres at http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/.

Alternatively, you might want to consider finding a part-time nanny (who stays in Tanglin Halt) to take care of your kids for a few hrs while you are at work?

Hope that helps! :D

Hi all....

I have been MIA for a long time.

Did anyone in blk 91 noticed a rattan chair being disposed inside the lift today? Really had a shock when i saw that rattan chair sitting inside the centre lift serving 21st-40th storey.

Too bad i can't post the pic here due to administrator restriction for photobucket.

Rattan chair in a lift

Hi Kari

Sorry for the late reply as I've not logged in here for a long time. Just saw your posting.

I have two pri-sch going girls (P1 & P3) who are currently studying at CHIJ Kellock. Well, my elder girl was attending that school before I moved, so I decided to stay put and register my younger one in the same sch too. Previously, I was staying at Telok Blangah which is within 1km to CHIJ.

I'm fortunate that I've my mum who helps me with my kids, hence they take school bus to and fro.

I've done a quick search in the MCYS website on student care centres around our area. You can call them for more details:

1. Commonwealth Student Care Centre Blk 37B, Commonwealth Dr, #01 - 01, 02, SINGAPORE 142037 (Tel: 64749209)

2. Topmarks Student Care Centre Blk 143, Mei Ling St, #01 - 153, SINGAPORE 140143 (Tel : 64792500)

3. YMCA Gan Eng Seng Student Care Centre 100, Redhill Close, Gan Eng Seng Primary School, SINGAPORE 158901 (Tel: 64790601)

4. Joy Place Blk 38C, Belvedere Close, #01 - 03, SINGAPORE 159883 (Tel : 64752680)

5. Little Professors Student Care Centre (Redhill) Blk 75D, Redhill Road, #01 - 108, SINGAPORE 154075 (Tel : 93277010)

You can access the list of childcare and student care centres at http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/.

Alternatively, you might want to consider finding a part-time nanny (who stays in Tanglin Halt) to take care of your kids for a few hrs while you are at work?

Hope that helps! :D

Hi countrylover.

Thanks for the reply and effort to search. Well I know abt this mcys website but then I was only aiming for those centres that are of walking dist like the one at the HDB office and Queenstown CC (Ok i admit I'm lazy :P )

I dun realy dare hire a maid or stranger to look after my kids plus want them to spend more time being expose to other children and of course longer hours of studying.

I guess I'll jus try my luck whether I can get to register her for the centre at Queenstown CC (pray there are enuff attendance to start the class).

BTW. Anyone can let me know after these few years, which broadband provider is better.

SingTel or StarHub?

SingTel - have to pay 3 months once subscription fee for the ADSL but at least fixed line

StarHub - Free residential line but scared with so many users, the internet speed will be very very slow

Pls advise on this since the PC show is now on. Thanks :)

Hi all....

Did anyone in blk 91 noticed a rattan chair being disposed inside the lift today? Really had a shock when i saw that rattan chair sitting inside the centre lift serving 21st-40th storey.

Too bad i can't post the pic here due to administrator restriction for photobucket.

Rattan chair in a lift

oh my hb found condom at the staircase near our unit... that one best...

Hi all....

Rattan chair in a lift

Good for the lift's attendant, huh? "Which floor, sir?" :P

anyone using singtel mobile broadband? Hows the connection? was thinking of getting a 2mbps plan for home use...

i am on that plan now. For mobile broadband, only use in the day...after evening time, it's almost practically crap. Same goes for starhub 7.2mbps prepaid. M1 i think heard from my friend intermittent too...

Was anybody aware that someone jumped from Blk 89 yesterday evening? Very sad...3rd case liao. :( Saw blood splattered all over the floor and walls as I walked past. Really gross...even lost my appetite during dinner. Heard it's a lady in her 40s.

Was anybody aware that someone jumped from Blk 89 yesterday evening? Very sad...3rd case liao. :( Saw blood splattered all over the floor and walls as I walked past. Really gross...even lost my appetite during dinner. Heard it's a lady in her 40s.

Not just blood... Alot of flesh sticked all over the walls also. Sad way to die...

Haiz, scary and sad. I didnt witness this scenes at our place, but reminded me of a suicide incident i witnessed at toa payoh blk79 (also 40 storey flats). During that time, i happen see the body with crack head etc, and the police hv yet to barricade the area. Thinking of it now, i start feeling feverish already.. :(

My in laws said it was reported in Chinese Papers. Jumped from 40th Storey, a Chinese Women, Private Tuition Teacher... Got eye witness saw her at 40th floor, loitering... but only know she jump down after hearing a loud sound...

Very sad... third case... I personally believe there is a way out other than commit suicide... if a person has the courage to jump from 40th storey, he/she should be able to have the will and courage to face whatever problems they currently have...

My in laws said it was reported in Chinese Papers. Jumped from 40th Storey, a Chinese Women, Private Tuition Teacher... Got eye witness saw her at 40th floor, loitering... but only know she jump down after hearing a loud sound...

Very sad... third case... I personally believe there is a way out other than commit suicide... if a person has the courage to jump from 40th storey, he/she should be able to have the will and courage to face whatever problems they currently have...

Sigh. Papers reported that she's not a resident here, stays at Jurong. Seriously, there is no need to come all the way here to jump from 40th storey lah. Falling from 8th or 10th storey is enough to take your life. :(

Hi there,

Been awhile since I logged in. I am staying at Blk 91 and have problems with rubbish on my aircon ledge and around my kitchen ledge. I have things like towels, newspapers, rags, onion peels, etc. It is quite gross when you look out the kitchen window. I am wondering how to clean this up because if I use my bamboo stick, its hard to reach some things and make sure it does not drop downstairs.... How? :P