Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Need advice! I was at Harvey Norman the other day and the sales staff told us that the service yard tap for new BTOs are not suitable for front load washers, can anyone advise? Apparently need to change tap to the olden type design (that looks like this Sus304-stainless-steel-washing-machine-f)

Is it true or he trying to smoke us?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
27 minutes ago, slashmylove said:

Need advice! I was at Harvey Norman the other day and the sales staff told us that the service yard tap for new BTOs are not suitable for front load washers, can anyone advise? Apparently need to change tap to the olden type design (that looks like this Sus304-stainless-steel-washing-machine-f)

Is it true or he trying to smoke us?

well the tap for my washing machine is quite different from the other house taps. it has a smaller spout. i didn't take note of the one at my new place.

13 hours ago, gumbokins said:

well the tap for my washing machine is quite different from the other house taps. it has a smaller spout. i didn't take note of the one at my new place.

Thanks! :)

12 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Eh. Just need an adapter lah. Don't need change new tap. Plumber will do for you. If not you can ownself buy from Selffix. 

Haha cos my plumber's coming this Sat but we haven't arranged delivery. In that case I'll ask him on Saturday, thanks! :)

Another no picture update!

Day 12
ID informed that will fix lights by today (day 13). Tiles are done, and bedrooms' vinyl flooring will be completed on day 14 (Friday).
Carpentry will be up by next week.
So this Saturday, we're going to see our house again (finally) and meet the plumber to decide on the positioning & height of the things that we require.
Bought the toilet fittings at Hoe Kee Tanjong Katong Plaza and it was delivered with the sink we bought. Otherwise it's cash & carry FYI.
Nothing special lor, normal toilet fittings lol.
Toilet glass screen door would be last to fix as the ID said that he didn't want any chances that the workers spoil it when they use the common toilet (we're fixing only in common toilet).
Estimated completion date is still 20 Oct.

With that, it means that we're moving to carpentry stage and the next stage of payment!!
Move too fast my wallet is bleeding....... lol.

That's all folks!

just want to check if your ID always present when the construction activities being done? because mine not. and when questioned, he said all his contractors are professional so he doesnt need to be there, but the outcomes are... you can see the attached photo for sample...

IMG-20161015-WA0012.jpg

Hello! Popping by to say that I've been following your updates and boy, things are moving along quickly! I'm still waiting for carpentry stuff to be fabricated :( Progress really is slow and steady haha.

Wise decision by your ID to have the glass stuff up last! My contractor says the same as well (we're getting an external self-sourced supplier), cause he's scared that his workers will break things they aren't supposed to. Have you managed to find out more about the storeroom racks and curtains? Any particular kind of racks are you looking at? Need to start sourcing for them soon too :lol:

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, eri80 said:

just want to check if your ID always present when the construction activities being done? because mine not. and when questioned, he said all his contractors are professional so he doesnt need to be there, but the outcomes are... you can see the attached photo for sample...

IMG-20161015-WA0012.jpg

Cos I also don't go down frequently (once a week only) so I cannot see for myself whether my ID goes on site everyday or not. One reason we don't drop by frequently was that it's quite inconvenient, the nearest bus stop is quite far.

What I feel is that no, he doesn't go down frequently. Only his partner does, but his partner is not the one in charge of our project, he's more like being there to promote their company and get people to take up renovation packages with them.

So far there had been some issues (will be updating in a while) and carpentry is gonna be up by today so I'm also a little worried.

How did you resolve the issue with your ID in this case? Is that a chip on your countertop?

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:05 PM, kingandbin said:

Hello! Popping by to say that I've been following your updates and boy, things are moving along quickly! I'm still waiting for carpentry stuff to be fabricated :( Progress really is slow and steady haha.

Wise decision by your ID to have the glass stuff up last! My contractor says the same as well (we're getting an external self-sourced supplier), cause he's scared that his workers will break things they aren't supposed to. Have you managed to find out more about the storeroom racks and curtains? Any particular kind of racks are you looking at? Need to start sourcing for them soon too :lol:

Haha hello! Yah mine is moving too fast so I'm a bit worried about the quality of work but when we went to check last weekend, seems to be ok overall, some issues that should be able to be rectified. Gotta say that the paint job was not well done at all. Sigh.

In fact, we spotted a small chip on the window frame the 2nd time we went up, and the thing is it cannot be fixed, the ID said that can only paint over. So upset.

Another thing that irritates me greatly was that the workers opened the toilet in the MBR to use when I saw last Saturday!!!! SO ANNOYED. Is it because I'm anal? I feel that they should stick to using the common toilet cos their usage is SO FREAKING DIRTY!!!! ARGH!

We're still looking for storeroom racks and curtains.. Still thinking whether it's justifiable to spend like 1k+ on curtains or should we DIY. Storeroom racks totally haven't source cos recently had been busy with other stuff. I'm looking at the typical boltless racks (is that it? I donno also).. you? Please do share when you decided! I follow your Tblog too :)

Day 15

Went down to meet the plumber to discuss where we want the things to be fixed, and also to bring down the toilet paper holders we'd bought separately from the other toilet fittings.
Took a look around our house and while the paint colours were nice, the paint job was terrible!! This one complain to ID also no use cos he said this is only the first coat, will touch up after that. But I wonder, the deep scratch on wall, bumps and peeling paint can be fixed meh?
And why never put masking tape along the edges/skirting these to get a nice, straight line?! wtf I can paint better than that lor!!!

P_20161015_112223.jpgP_20161015_112438.jpgP_20161015_112050.jpg

One thing that really irks me was that the workers in our unit were so messy!

P_20161015_111210_PN.jpgP_20161015_111424_PN.jpg
Look at all these mess! Ok the electric heater for shower was just taken out from the household shelter by the plumber lah but still!! Passed by another unit with the workers IN the house and it was so much cleaner, no junk dumped on the floor.
In fact, there were cigarette butts everywhere before the flooring was done. I had reminded ID to get them to clean up before laying the floor but TBH, we will never know whether they do clean up or not!!!!!
Major loss of faith there.
And the workers were kind of dirty in my opinion. The toilet bowl is dirty fml. And not flushed properly (maybe cos the HDB toilet bowl flush has no power). (no picture cos so disgusting)
Another upsetting point was that the toilet in the MBR was opened for usage as well!! It wasn't opened the previous time we dropped by (day 9) so I'm quite pissed with that but tbh, there's nothing we can do T.T
Actually, we dropped by on day 14 night cos the ID told us that the lights were up, so we went to see whether the lights were bright enough (yes they were) and the shower mixer tap was not closed properly for god knows how freaking long so all the water wasted there.
ARGH am I very anal?! I felt so upset by these little things. Sigh.

Anyway, the kitchen cabinets' base, fridge base and washing machine base up. MBR shower kerb up too but no picture cos I was upset about the stupid toilet bowl hahaha!

P_20161015_111344.jpgP_20161015_111353.jpg

One of our downlights were spoilt!! Very irritated by this! I decided that it was their workers who spoilt it (although we didn't check the downlights) cos why else didn't they call to inform us that the downlight was spoilt when they opened it?!
Messaged our ID and his explanation was that it was already spoilt when the electricians opened it, but he told them to go ahead to fix it as he though we had gotten from his recommended shop and he would go to exchange for us (but why didn't he tell us WHY OH WHY).
Anyway, we told him we got ours elsewhere and it's freaking far for us to go ahead, we have no time plus we felt that it shouldn't be our responsibility to get the light since they didn't inform us when they opened it.

P_20161015_111505.jpg

Then we wonder... how come the downlight there got gap one.... is it a job not well done or norm?

P_20161015_111518.jpg

Donno why the bedroom ceiling fan cover removed... didn't ask.. forgot.. sigh. Oh yah, window grills up. Service yard's windows up too, love the big panel sliding window, looks so much more spacious than these tiny windows in the rest of the unit.

P_20161015_111232_PN.jpg

Anyway those being complained, the overall work still seems alright. The vinyl flooring seems to be laid quite well but we have yet to do a thorough check.

Tiles cannot check yet cos all blocked.

ID promised it'll be done by this week but really we're not rushing him. Anyway, these are the outstanding works to be done:

1. Carpentry (to be up by day 18 - today);
2. Counter top (to be up by day 21);
3. Aircon to be fixed on day 21;
4. Shower screen;
5. Kitchen glass door;
6. DB cabinet door which he removed and said that will cut to make it fit cos we had L-box (actually wanna ask him to help put a plank or 2 inside the box to make it like a shelving for modem, keys etc but we haven't seen him cos we usually go down when nobody's around);
7. Some switches (MBR & BR2 switches will be at the side of the wardrobes so didn't fix earlier);
8. T5 lights in the toilets (OH YAH, noticed that one of the acryllic panels didn't seem to fit well - need to check again when we inspect the reno);
9. Plumbing supposed to be done but still need to check; and
10. Door magnet for main door; and
11. Can't think of anymore at the moment.. will add on if required.. or if anyone got anything to add on pls let me know!

Ok that's all the pictures for the week.. the next time we're going down would be this Sunday (day 23).

your house is coming along nicely!

just curious, what made you choose curved tv? i was really tempted to get one but the salesman was telling me its not practical :~

16 hours ago, rae said:

your house is coming along nicely!

just curious, what made you choose curved tv? i was really tempted to get one but the salesman was telling me its not practical :~

I hope it would be completed nicely too haha! Oh cos it was just like a hundred dollars difference and we felt that as curved tv takes off, it would be the norm. Since not as expensive as I thought, then why not? We stood there really long looking at the video shown and we liked that even when we stand at the side, still can see everything quite clearly. it would be nice esp if our friends come over. otherwise, being right in the middle also quite shiok haha! plus we've been using normal tv for so long, time for a change hehe.. So in the end which tv did u get?

54 minutes ago, slashmylove said:

I hope it would be completed nicely too haha! Oh cos it was just like a hundred dollars difference and we felt that as curved tv takes off, it would be the norm. Since not as expensive as I thought, then why not? We stood there really long looking at the video shown and we liked that even when we stand at the side, still can see everything quite clearly. it would be nice esp if our friends come over. otherwise, being right in the middle also quite shiok haha! plus we've been using normal tv for so long, time for a change hehe.. So in the end which tv did u get?

i got a normal samsung tv :~ sales guy said if many people watching, those at the side wun have good view so we went with normal... should have taken the risk! D:

3 hours ago, rae said:

i got a normal samsung tv :~ sales guy said if many people watching, those at the side wun have good view so we went with normal... should have taken the risk! D:

haha nvm lah buy already don't think so much. maybe he's right? :P 

8 hours ago, slashmylove said:

haha nvm lah buy already don't think so much. maybe he's right? :P 

i really hope so!! will wait for ur actual review xD