Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Quick update as of Day 31

Anyway, pertaining to my previous comments, the ID had fixed it but we haven't gone to check (very busy with wedding stuff). The TV wall laminate issues - will change the laminate. The MBR wardrobe laminate issue - the switch will cover so no problem. Slanted cabinet door in kitchen will be fixed. The empty switch **** room - will fix a light at the original lighting point cos now cannot connect to the downlight liao but no additional charge, just that we have to buy another light. Think that's about it. Till this weekend then I go see then can update again.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

chanced upon this. quite an amazing job you are doing so far. :)  which ID are u using for your home project.

and your floor plan so similar to mine o.o 

floor plan.png

Edited by cosmax

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, cosmax said:

chanced upon this. quite an amazing job you are doing so far. :)  which ID are u using for your home project.

and your floor plan so similar to mine o.o 

floor plan.png

Haha nowadays the floor plan quite standard.. Just that mine, the household shelter is in the kitchen. Your windows look bigger than mine though! PM you my ID..

Day 36

Seems like more or less done.. left with the glass in common toilet and kitchen glass door. And painting touch up again...

I have a question though, I remembered seeing one T-blog with a similar issue - is this gap for the cooker hood acceptable? It's gonna be difficult to clean right? :x

P_20161105_175718.jpgP_20161105_175725.jpg

The other issues raised earlier were more or less fixed.
The "empty" switch - fixed a light at the original light point cos cannot re-direct the electrical wiring liao.
My photos all very blurred so no photos haha!
The connecting joint between the tiles & bedrooms' vinyl cannot be put cos it would be too high, and the door would not be able to close.
Have to live with it, although the joining part between the tiles and MBR vinyl is a little ugly... sigh...

Finally settled my curtains! After searching high and low, finally got Vincent's contact through a fellow forummer and contacted him.
Messaged him last week & he called back shortly after, fixed an appointment last Saturday (5 Nov 2016).
Took measurements, decided on material and agreed on price. He said it would be ready for installation by end Nov, which the chemical washing have to be done by then, cos he would directly hang the curtains liao.
No issues with us though.

18 hours ago, Sendo999 said:

Hi Slashmylove, 

Have seen my hood... They did leave a gap... Think it is a space for expansion n contraction of the hood.. 

Sorry. But no expansion or contraction takes place for the hood. Lol

the gap is only for clearance a few mm to insert the hood, it should not be too big. Just a few mm if it's properly done. 

On 10/27/2016 at 3:28 PM, slashmylove said:

Help!!

Just saw this at the bottom of my sink!

IMG-20161027-WA0017.jpg

Apparently all sides have!!!

Is this normal?! :~

Anyone with Blanco Silgranit sinks can advise me please?

My Pleon 9 also got same crack lines, guess it's due to cost factor they've not smoothen the sink bottom. My wife also a bit worry when first saw it, haha.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:14 PM, Sendo999 said:

Hi Slashmylove, 

Have seen my hood... They did leave a gap... Think it is a space for expansion n contraction of the hood.. 

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:50 PM, upthetoon said:

Sorry. But no expansion or contraction takes place for the hood. Lol

the gap is only for clearance a few mm to insert the hood, it should not be too big. Just a few mm if it's properly done. 

Thanks ya!! Now I feel more re-assured haha! But it's definitely going to be difficult to clean x.x

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, soulforger said:

My Pleon 9 also got same crack lines, guess it's due to cost factor they've not smoothen the sink bottom. My wife also a bit worry when first saw it, haha.

Yah lor.... but the staff did tell me it's normal la.. I tried the sink and it doesn't leak so that's the most important.. hehe..

Day 50 (no picture update)

Last Saturday, went to our unit to clean a bit cos the fridge and washing machine were going to be delivered.. at least the area there need to be clean so bo bian we had to clean.. lol..

the whole house reno is completed. ID requested us to lend him till end Nov as showroom so we also don't know when can we move in, cos I want my curtains to be up before arranging the furniture delivery. Must ask for discount la!! cos he using my unit as showroom is affecting my move-in.. lol

Had managed to contact Vincent who had many positive reviews on this forum and he responded really fast. Took measurements etc and said that it would be ready by end Nov. Quite good so far!

No pictures cos nothing else changed.. except that the kithen's glass door and common toilet's shower screen up.

that's all for now!

3 hours ago, slashmylove said:

Day 50 (no picture update)

Last Saturday, went to our unit to clean a bit cos the fridge and washing machine were going to be delivered.. at least the area there need to be clean so bo bian we had to clean.. lol..

the whole house reno is completed. ID requested us to lend him till end Nov as showroom so we also don't know when can we move in, cos I want my curtains to be up before arranging the furniture delivery. Must ask for discount la!! cos he using my unit as showroom is affecting my move-in.. lol

Had managed to contact Vincent who had many positive reviews on this forum and he responded really fast. Took measurements etc and said that it would be ready by end Nov. Quite good so far!

No pictures cos nothing else changed.. except that the kithen's glass door and common toilet's shower screen up.

that's all for now!

whoa! using your house as showroom! def ask for discount! hahaha! congrats!

2 hours ago, 81chimphua said:

whoa! using your house as showroom! def ask for discount! hahaha! congrats!

haha thanks! actually I don't find it very pretty leh like normal flat lor lolol. use as showroom means I need to wait some time before we can plan to have our furniture delivered (cos don't want strangers to sit on my sofa etc lolol although I think most people wont do that also lah....)

On 11/21/2016 at 3:41 PM, slashmylove said:

haha thanks! actually I don't find it very pretty leh like normal flat lor lolol. use as showroom means I need to wait some time before we can plan to have our furniture delivered (cos don't want strangers to sit on my sofa etc lolol although I think most people wont do that also lah....)

agree , my sofa new then just random people will sit liao.. nonono :o