Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rinee

Black yet comfortable house!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 11/20/2016 at 0:27 PM, rinee said:

Just a random short update as I was feeling bored today.

Before getting the keys, our mantra was always to get only the required but of high quality items.

so today, we shall talk about taps and rainshower etc. 

I have always dreamt to have toilets like those in the hotels. Dark comfortable toilet with marble walls, grohe tap and accessories but alas, we do not have so much money to burn.

And so we compromised. Things that touches water and require effort to replace, we went for quality while the rest we sourced from tmall.

Searching through, we gradually realised that grohe items that were make in Germany cost quite a fortune in singapore. We did not want to get the lower end grohe which was make in Thailand. As such, we decided to source them from the internet specifically insani24 website.

we got ourselves the following at a steal of 1.5k:rolleyes:

1) 2 rain showers with thermostats 

2) 2 high taps for the toilet

3) 1 kitchen tap

The items had arrived and they were really solid and heavy. Best part is I can have hot water in our toilet basin. I really considered these to be my best buys!

Can tell exactly each model did you bought? Is the tap hole size fit for Singapore? Thanks

On 11/20/2016 at 0:27 PM, rinee said:

Just a random short update as I was feeling bored today.

Before getting the keys, our mantra was always to get only the required but of high quality items.

so today, we shall talk about taps and rainshower etc. 

I have always dreamt to have toilets like those in the hotels. Dark comfortable toilet with marble walls, grohe tap and accessories but alas, we do not have so much money to burn.

And so we compromised. Things that touches water and require effort to replace, we went for quality while the rest we sourced from tmall.

Searching through, we gradually realised that grohe items that were make in Germany cost quite a fortune in singapore. We did not want to get the lower end grohe which was make in Thailand. As such, we decided to source them from the internet specifically insani24 website.

we got ourselves the following at a steal of 1.5k:rolleyes:

1) 2 rain showers with thermostats 

2) 2 high taps for the toilet

3) 1 kitchen tap

The items had arrived and they were really solid and heavy. Best part is I can have hot water in our toilet basin. I really considered these to be my best buys!

Can tell exactly each model did you bought? Is the tap hole size fit for Singapore? Thanks

13 hours ago, elimcs said:

Hi! The following were what I had brought. They were fitted in just last Saturday. My ID did not call me to report on anything so I figured they were working fine. Even if they do not fit, I guess your plumber could find an adapter for it. 

Oh but we did encountered a problem that our rainshower was too long for the master toilet as we had to box up the aircon pipping (My unit was on the highest floor so there was no initial pipes for hdb to box up). In the end , the plumber had to cut off a bit to fit in and attach to the wall.

I had found both the rainshower set and kitchen tap retailing in singapore so I feel safe ordering them from the net. I took my chances with the toilet taps as I could not really find nice tall taps for the toilets locally.

Hope that helps!:D. One thing I never regret with this renovation it to spend this money on the taps and rainshower:yeah:

IMG_2950.PNGIMG_2951.PNGIMG_2952.PNG

Edited by rinee

Could not settle down to do work so I decided to come in to update on the few appliances that we had got over the past few weekends mainly the TV, washing machine and fridge. I can say at this point of time, we were a little tired of burning up our weekends to run errands for the house. We are both stay-at-home person so this is really taking a toll on us. All we wanted is a comfy home to stay in. :)

We kinda listened to the sales person and got whichever appliances that he recommended. We do not really have a brand in mind to get except for LG TV. As a result, we got all stuff from LG:lol:. Of course, it does not help that LG is running a bundle promotion:P. We got a free cordless vacuum for the following items:

1) 55 Inch TV (55UH615A ). We are unsure that if it is too big for our living room considering that the distance between the TV and sofa is 2m. We did for a moment even considered buying 65 inch.:ph34r:

2) 11 kg Top load Washer  (WFT1181DD). Now that we think about it, we should not have brought this washer. We had only three people in our household and we got this monster.:wacko:

3) 400L Bottom freezer fridge (GB-B5191PZ). Once again, we got overkilled for getting such a big fridge for our small household. I doubt we will be buying lot of grocery as we have a supermarket just at our carpark.

Well, we certainty learned from our mistake and will not repeat them on our next house.:horse:

Edited by rinee

54 minutes ago, rinee said:

Could not settle down to do work so I decided to come in to update on the few appliances that we had got over the past few weekends mainly the TV, washing machine and fridge. I can say at this point of time, we were a little tired of burning up our weekends to run errands for the house. We are both stay-at-home person so this is really taking a toll on us. All we wanted is a comfy home to stay in. :)

We kinda listened to the sales person and got whichever appliances that he recommended. We do not really have a brand in mind to get except for LG TV. As a result, we got all stuff from LG:lol:. Of course, it does not help that LG is running a bundle promotion:P. We got a free cordless vacuum for the following items:

1) 55 Inch TV (55UH615A ). We are unsure that if it is too big for our living room considering that the distance between the TV and sofa is 2m. We did for a moment even considered buying 65 inch.:ph34r:

2) 11 kg Top load Washer  (WFT1181DD). Now that we think about it, we should not have brought this washer. We had only three people in our household and we got this monster.:wacko:

3) 400L Bottom freezer fridge (GB-B5191PZ). Once again, we got overkilled for getting such a big fridge for our small household. I doubt we will be buying lot of grocery as we have a supermarket just at our carpark.

Well, we certainty learned from our mistake and will not repeat them on our next house.:horse:

thank you for sharing your experience, its a learning experience all the time right :)

56 minutes ago, powerlee said:

thank you for sharing your experience, its a learning experience all the time right :)

haha. I guess for every renovation, there bound to be some "what if?" and " I should have done this and that" situations.

Oh well, look on the bright side, maybe this is a sign that we can grow our family to a bigger size faster?:P

On 11/18/2016 at 1:51 PM, rinee said:

Are you referring to the toilet wall tiles? We got them from Hafary. The black one is around $3.20  while the white one is about $3 I think. 

Thank you for the information.☺ 

On 11/18/2016 at 1:51 PM, rinee said:

Are you referring to the toilet wall tiles? We got them from Hafary. The black one is around $3.20  while the white one is about $3 I think. 

Thank you for that info.

It's had been such a busy week for work that it took my mind off the renovations. With my hubby off on a work trip, we basically left our ID to rectify and finish off the work. 

Meanwhile, a old picture of the nicest view I can get from our house~:)

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

On 11/26/2016 at 9:16 AM, rinee said:

It's had been such a busy week for work that it took my mind off the renovations. With my hubby off on a work trip, we basically left our ID to rectify and finish off the work. 

Meanwhile, a old picture of the nicest view I can get from our house~:)

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

what a view to behold!

12 minutes ago, slashmylove said:

Haha at least doing laundry will be more pleasant with that view! :P 

with that view! I may not finish laundry lah! hahaha

6 hours ago, slashmylove said:

Haha at least doing laundry will be more pleasant with that view! :P 

6 hours ago, cancan83 said:

with that view! I may not finish laundry lah! hahaha

I know right~ I nearly wanted to make it as a balcony. Sadly, as it is unblocked, the paint started to peel. We got the BSC to rectify it for countless time till we gave in and built windows to shelter them from the unfriendly weather. :~

9 hours ago, rinee said:

I know right~ I nearly wanted to make it as a balcony. Sadly, as it is unblocked, the paint started to peel. We got the BSC to rectify it for countless time till we gave in and built windows to shelter them from the unfriendly weather. :~

Could u not have used paint for exterior walls.. They shld be able to withstand the elements better..