Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

On 8/9/2017 at 11:07 PM, Blade07 said:

Yes! The kitchen sink and tap. :)

I see you also bought the vanity sink from TB as well. A picture of that set up would be good too. Wondering if I need to get the entire set of pumbling stuff from TB directly 

@Blade07

For mine, kitchen sink comes with what's needed, need not purchase separately. For vanity basin, I bought separately. The set up looks about the same lah haha. Here's one of my kitchen sink. :)

598dc109526e5_IMG_8457(1).JPG.babbc7f417c9d70a1a455a28d2cc85b5.JPG

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 8/9/2017 at 11:26 PM, greenbunny said:

Well, there are other series that are lighter than Boston Cherry but i guess you prefer dry finish (smoothing) to bark finish? I think that bark finish may trap some dirt, don't you think? And are you planning to add backsplash?

@greenbunny Yup since it's for kitchen top, I preferred a smooth surface one for easy maintenance. I did not do backsplash as I think it's quite a waste because I rarely cook. But if I do and budget allows, I think using kompacplus as backsplash looks awesome! (and easy to clean!)

On 8/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, binchotan said:

Can i have the contact for the acrylic panels? Thanks 

8 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

cani have the contact toopls.

@dietgalvon
cani have the link for your barstool please? how high is it? i'm looking for dining chair that can fit my 80cm high dining island table.

@Clarence Lye Bar stool link: https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000000163508.html

I got 75cm for 106cm bar top and it works fine :) They have different heights to choose from!

2 hours ago, Blade07 said:

@dietgalvon

Could I also get the contact for the acrylic panel too? Thanks! 

@binchotan @Clarence Lye @Blade07

For acrylic panels, you guys can try Dama Trading. I did not personally get my acrylic panels from them though!

23 hours ago, Stream said:

Hi Dietgalvon,

Did you get HDB to do free screeding for your flat, and how much did the HDB sub-con charge on psf basis to level up to 45mm? Was your screeding done satisfactorily?

Recently I've an ID who quoted me $6.30 psf to do cement screeding even though his prices for other works were reasonable. I haven't got quote from other IDs yet, but it seemed really expensive. He cautioned me that HDB sub-con anyhow do (he would say that wouldn't he?). With that kind of pricing, it would be cheaper for me to do homogeneous tiles instead.

@Stream Yup I got HDB to do the free screeding (up to 40mm) for me. Top up to 50mm costs $950. Mine was alright, it is impossible for everything to be perfectly level, but no issues with vinyl laying. HDB did tell me if the job was not well done, can get them to rectify.

My only issue is that near the entrance the height was a little too low but my contractor settled that for me since we're doing tiles at the entrance.

Overall, I think it's ok to let HDB do the job! Probably can save about $1k plus~

9 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

@Blade07

For mine, kitchen sink comes with what's needed, need not purchase separately. For vanity basin, I bought separately. The set up looks about the same lah haha. Here's one of my kitchen sink. :)

598dc109526e5_IMG_8457(1).JPG.babbc7f417c9d70a1a455a28d2cc85b5.JPG

Thanks for the picture! Okay, then I better get everything with the pumbling

Hi Dietgalvon,

Thank you for sharing your renovation journey. We are starting ours in a few months time, and your information is extremely informative and helpful.

May I ask for the following contact information please?

- J&E (which renovation company are they from?)
- Window and Window grille supplier
- Blinds supplier

Thanks.

7 hours ago, vampyre said:

Hi Dietgalvon,

Thank you for sharing your renovation journey. We are starting ours in a few months time, and your information is extremely informative and helpful.

May I ask for the following contact information please?

- J&E (which renovation company are they from?)
- Window and Window grille supplier
- Blinds supplier

Thanks.

@vampyre PM-ed!

1 hour ago, Rexxed said:

Nice house! 

Can I get the link for the side table please? 

Thank you! 

@Rexxed https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000002834300.html

33 minutes ago, JennyTan said:

Mind sharing the link for the kitchen tap and rain shower? Thanks.

@Jenny Tan 

Kitchen Tap https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000000115685.html
Rain Shower https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000000081203.html

VINYL FLOORING CAPPING STRIP

As mentioned, the vinyl capping that Evorich uses is quite an eyesore to me. I even went to search for capping used by different vinyl companies and I swear theirs is really the ugliest lol. So I texted my liaison with a picture of a thin metal capping strip but he told me that Evorich currently only carries the plastic one! I tried my luck and asked if there is any way we can change it to the metal strip kind, and he helped us to source and arrange someone to fix it.

The original capping looks like this.

IMG_7713.JPG.56db339dc2acad663fc30dee927c4de4.JPG

And originally, there was no capping at the main entrance separating the tiles/vinyl.

IMG_7856.JPG.3671c6019e02858d1d102d25c19b503b.JPG

And a friendly uncle came to help us change all 3 plastic cappings to the metal strip kind!

Main Entrance

59907367cbc85_FullSizeRender2.jpg.ef2338597a549104273375ecc1f21ec7.jpg

Initially the fiance wanted to ask contractor to fill the grout (initially was silicon filled by Evorich) but I suggested to do the metal strip so that we do not have to worry about cleaning the grout line. Heh. I love how it separates the tiles/vinyl!

Living - Kitchen

5990736664e82_FullSizeRender1.jpg.5c37279a23d945f7afe08d225acce7a9.jpg

Looks so much sleeker!

Living - Common Toilet

FullSizeRender.jpg.3548b50143d92daeeeae210e44b0011a.jpg

This, too!

Was told that the ground is not 100% level so the toilet tiles are actually a little higher. But one would not be able to tell unless one steps on the metal strip. Even then, it was not obvious so we changed it anyway. Looks so much better.

There was no capping separating the rooms/living and I'm thankful for that as it makes the whole space much nicer!

Side note, actually the glass top has been installed but the side is a little slanted so the vendor will be changing a new piece. We can really, almost, live in the home already!!

Edited by dietgalvon