Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

My Modern Zen 2-Room 35sqm (Type 1) HDB BTO Apartment Renovation Journey

New Entry: Blog Entry Date: 29th October 2017 Sunday
Click Here to Access.

Updates: End of 6th week after Key Collection.

Lightings still being worked on, Bathroom Door is Replaced.

Just showing the complete list of Lightings that I use.
I love the newly replaced Bathroom PD-Door! :D

Edited by ryanyth

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm....just a couple of days after I posted my How-To Guide for IKEA Curtains,
MAJGULL Block-Out curtains are SOLD OUT in IKEA Alexandra :D
Really funny, because when I was there, there were plenty of stock.

I wonder if my blog had something to do with it tho? :D
IKEA must thank me for helping push their products lol!!

Dear Readers, if you're looking for this MAJGULL curtain, IKEA Tampines still got stock. (For Now.)
On that note, the IKEA Smartphone app is also very useful because it can show you
which place got what stock and stuffs.

Screenshot_2017-10-30-00-26-21.png.ad58abb17f8a2ef82f08d71a8f5fd754.png

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, ryanyth said:

This was the "BANG!!" the worker pointed to earlier.
Honestly, I didn't see any big external damage other than the little chipped area that you see circled in RED.
Sure, having my cabinet damaged doesn't feel good, but at this point in the renovation, after the shock I had with my Lightings earlier,
I kindda, sorta mastered the Art of Zen already lol :D As long as the damage isn't too obvious, its guess its alright? Honestly too drained to chase anymore.
Luckily its inside the cabinet so I can at the worst case scenario hide it or something. (Of course having it repaired would be better lah!)

The Casement Door looks so LONG in the picture!! The whole idea of Casement Door is to be able to still open
it and access the MCB Electrical Box if I have my desk there. Casement Door do so long defeats that purpose right?
:wacko:

Is it really so hard to have a Casement Door at the Top Half, and Sliding Door at the Bottom Half
so I can access both areas even if I have a desk there??? Grr!!
:angry:

Ughhh Why can't anything go right with this DB-Box? I have a feeling its cursed. :~
Wadever man, if they can't resolve this, i really can't be bothered anymore. Too drained to chase anymore....Sigh.... :(

Carpenter will have to rectify whatever defects you spotted. Dont worry, I think everyone have problem with the carpenter, lol. As long as they rectify swee swee for you can liao. I got carpenter to come back to rectify my platform bed at least 4 times after handover.

Is the DB box door done by the same carpenter? If yes, they would know the measurement of your table and hence do the door according to the measurement. If no, they there should be communication in advance on the measurement. 

Just now, mmoh said:

Carpenter will have to rectify whatever defects you spotted. Dont worry, I think everyone have problem with the carpenter, lol. As long as they rectify swee swee for you can liao. I got carpenter to come back to rectify my platform bed at least 4 times after handover.

Is the DB box door done by the same carpenter? If yes, they would know the measurement of your table and hence do the door according to the measurement. If no, they there should be communication in advance on the measurement. 

Thanks mmoh. Your words are indeed comforting. :)
My estate's facebook people put the pictures like done swee swee at one go makes me abit jelly lah.
Maybe who knows they also had issues that didn't wanna say lah lol. :D
Anyway I'll definitely need them to rectify if i spotted anything. His descriptive "BANG" doesn't sound good lol. :D

Yea DB Box is done by same carpenter. Sigh. i dunno lah, i actually think the DB-Box Cabinet is cursed lol.
Of course i'll need him to re-correct it properly. But even if he chut pattern say cannot change i also don't want to chase anymore.
Feel very drained seeing how its not rectified even after so long. (Who knew a DB-Box cabinet would be so hard to do huh?) :(

20 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Yea DB Box is done by same carpenter. Sigh. i dunno lah, i actually think the DB-Box Cabinet is cursed lol.
Of course i'll need him to re-correct it properly. But even if he chut pattern say cannot change i also don't want to chase anymore.
Feel very drained seeing how its not rectified even after so long. (Who knew a DB-Box cabinet would be so hard to do huh?) :(

No, do not accept. then you db box cannot open how? or the bottom sliding door taller than table how? just tell them nicely that this is NOT acceptable. They have to bear they own cost of doing things wrongly.

55 minutes ago, mmoh said:

No, do not accept. then you db box cannot open how? or the bottom sliding door taller than table how? just tell them nicely that this is NOT acceptable. They have to bear they own cost of doing things wrongly.

Actually i just received update from Jason. Apparently he rush down onsite and checked the height is ok wo. Won't kena block by my desk.
Nevertheless, Thanks mmoh really appreciate it!! Hope the height is nice.

Initially i thought the upper casement door too long cannot open due to kena block by my desk. Hmmm...
The lower sliding door area sure didn't look like 73cm for me (the height of my study desk)  :)
Maybe I cock eye lol, tomorrow i will go do re-measure and re-check. :D
Hopefully theres a happy ending somewhere.

Edited by ryanyth

Blog Entry Date: 5th November 2017 Sunday
Click Here to go back to Page 1 - Table of Contents

End of 7th week after Key Collection. Carpentry Works - Part 3 / 3

Whoops seems like I've exceeded the maximum image storage limit of 35.12mb in Renotalk.
Well, when you have 30 blog entries (And Counting), it adds up :D
Lucky I had a backup blog hosted on Wordpress, so i'm gonna link my images from there.

That said, just a gentle reminder, I have an exact copy of the same blog hosted on Wordpress,
in case this blog in Renotalk gets taken down for any reason in the future. :P

The Wordpress one is also a preferred link, if you prefer reading the blog from beginning to end with no interruptions.
So once again, the web address for the Wordpress version of my Blog is at:
https://hdb2roomrenovation.wordpress.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So … Day 3 of Carpentry.
Not much different to report from Day 2 honestly, but since the Workers don’t work on Sunday,
I thought this would be a good time to capture some images of Carpentry done so far without them around. :D

This blog entry will just be a Carpentry Photo Collection I guess. :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living Room DB-Box
This is a re-post of the DB-Box picture I’ve posted yesterday.
Didn’t think its necessary to retake any more pictures of it.
dbbox2.jpg?w=1680

Bathroom Vanity Storage Cabinet
Also a re-post of the Bathroom Vanity Storage Cabinet picture I’ve posted yesterday. Sorry. :P
bathroom-vanity1.jpg?w=1680

Kitchen Carpentry
This is an overall look of the Carpentry done for my Kitchen.
(Really really love the Integrated Dining Table concept) :D
img_20171105_131838.jpg?w=1680
img_20171105_131734.jpg?w=1680
img_20171105_131703.jpg?w=1680

Kitchen side showing my Induction Cooktop + Oven + Microwave + Fridge Kerb.
img_20171105_131924.jpg?w=1680

And here are the Cabinets above the area.
img_20171105_131938.jpg?w=1680

Here’s the Kitchen Side where I have my Kitchen Sink + Washing Machine Kerb.
img_20171105_132003.jpg?w=1680

And here are the Cabinets above the area showing the Dishwasher Rack Cover.
img_20171105_132015.jpg?w=1680

My Bedroom Platform Storage Bed
img_20171105_131016.jpg?w=1680

My Bedroom Platform Storage Bed (With Drawers Open)
img_20171105_131220.jpg?w=1680

Waddya’ll think of the Carpentry Workmanship so far? :D
Personally i’m happy with it, and it seems that most of Carpentry is already completed.
All thats left is the Quartz Countertop Layer, a few LED lighting strips to install and some miscellaneous stuffs to touch up.

We’re now very close to the end of the Renovation.
All that’s left as far as I can see other then the above outstanding Carpentry work, is just
Air-Con Installation, Finishing Touchups, Chemical Washing, before Final Handover.

I’ll have to see what Jason plans to do.
Just 1 or 2 weeks more folks! The end is near! Dun Dun Dun!!! :lol:

I’ll see ya’ll in the next Blog Entry!:yeah:

Click Here for the Next Blog Entry: 
8th Week after Key Collection – My_Quartz_ Counter Tops are Up. Also Updated Schedule till End of Renovation

Click Here to go back to Page 1 - Table of Contents

Edited by ryanyth

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mmoh said:

you can install shelves in the DB box.

Good idea, but for now i think i'm done with my DB-Box lol
Gonna sit back relax abit more before deciding what i'll do with it :D
Initially thought of using it to keep brooms and cleaning tools.

50 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Good idea, but for now i think i'm done with my DB-Box lol
Gonna sit back relax abit more before deciding what i'll do with it :D
Initially thought of using it to keep brooms and cleaning tools.

underneath the table or above table? hmm...

Think this is a common request. My ID do it for me foc :x

Edited by mmoh

2 hours ago, mmoh said:

underneath the table or above table? hmm...

Think this is a common request. My ID do it for me foc :x

I've had enough adventures with this dbbox already lol. I don't want to look at it anymore after so much saga on it. :D
Whether they want to charge money to put shelves, or give me a free unicorn with rainbow farts put inside the DB-Box I also dun care liao :D

Anyway original idea was those type of mini small broom with dustpan or mini vacuum cleaner
put at bottom side so easier for me to take out and clean my computer table area etc.
(maybe can also put a small cleaning brush / accessories / toys for my future kitty cat too :wub: )

Top casement area will put my network router la, mini toolbox and anything technical related.
So drained already though. I will focus my attention on other parts of my apartment and come back to it much much later :D

Edited by ryanyth

On 30/10/2017 at 12:35 AM, ryanyth said:

Hmm....just a couple of days after I posted my How-To Guide for IKEA Curtains,
MAJGULL Block-Out curtains are SOLD OUT in IKEA Alexandra :D
Really funny, because when I was there, there were plenty of stock.

I wonder if my blog had something to do with it tho? :D
IKEA must thank me for helping push their products lol!!

Dear Readers, if you're looking for this MAJGULL curtain, IKEA Tampines still got stock. (For Now.)
On that note, the IKEA Smartphone app is also very useful because it can show you
which place got what stock and stuffs.

Screenshot_2017-10-30-00-26-21.png.ad58abb17f8a2ef82f08d71a8f5fd754.png

Thanks for the detailed write up on the parts needed for a day and night curtain set up!

Did you come across any curtain tracks that is mounted on the ceiling at Ikea? 

2 hours ago, Diluted said:

Thanks for the detailed write up on the parts needed for a day and night curtain set up!

Did you come across any curtain tracks that is mounted on the ceiling at Ikea? 

Hi thanks! :)
Actually yes, I did see some versions that are mounted on ceiling.

This is one of them. There are many more other versions of course.
Hope this helps! :)

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/70299092/#

vidga-ceiling-fitting-white__0442302_PE5