Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ryanyth

My Modern Zen 2-Room 35sqm (Type 1) HDB BTO Apartment Renovation Journey

@ryanyth, than you for your advice.

You are right to have aircon trunking not to be buried beneath the tiles. My sister had her aircon trunking behind her built-in wardrobe. As the result when she needed to do re-trunking (for new aircon), the contractor said that he had to tear up the wardrobe. For me, I would never put any fixed stuff like tiles or wardrobe over the trunking enclosure. Aircon is the most frequent serviced item.

Good idea about tile skirting. I would consider.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello @ryanyth!

I was following your blog 2 years ago and now I re-visit your blog to refresh my memory as I prepare for renovation. 

Thanks for sharing your experience! 

One thing I wanted to point out is I finally understood why there is a need to install the SlideArm. When I read your blog I thought I do not need that as I do not like to leave my main door open. 

Yesterday I went to open my bto door and I had ENOUGH of that soft closing door! I did not prepare a door stopper and it was such a fuss going through the door with it always moving towards shutting. Immediately I remembered reading in your blog that you have installed something above the door as a door stopper and I made up my mind to install that too! 

On 12/21/2019 at 3:05 PM, Cranberries said:

Hello @ryanyth!

I was following your blog 2 years ago and now I re-visit your blog to refresh my memory as I prepare for renovation. 

Thanks for sharing your experience! 

One thing I wanted to point out is I finally understood why there is a need to install the SlideArm. When I read your blog I thought I do not need that as I do not like to leave my main door open. 

Yesterday I went to open my bto door and I had ENOUGH of that soft closing door! I did not prepare a door stopper and it was such a fuss going through the door with it always moving towards shutting. Immediately I remembered reading in your blog that you have installed something above the door as a door stopper and I made up my mind to install that too! 

Thanks for your reading my blog! :)
Hahaha ya that soft closing door can be abit of an annoyance.
But that said, is already not bad HDB give us soft closing door. Last time the door i think isn't soft closing.
Slidearm still works nicely for me now close to 2 years and I still recommend it.
If you are tighter on budget tho, you don't need to install it. A door stopper or a ball/magnet combo will still do.

Hello, @ryanyth!

I did not know there is such door stopper mechanism till I read your blog. Would have chosen the magnet, but magnet will turn rusty after some years (that's the case for my current home) and for usual rubber door stopper, I foresee asking myself "where is that door stopper ?!" when I need it 🤣😅. So a door stopping mechanism installed above the door shall be best choice😁

On 12/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, SuperZ said:

@ryanyth, than you for your advice.

You are right to have aircon trunking not to be buried beneath the tiles. My sister had her aircon trunking behind her built-in wardrobe. As the result when she needed to do re-trunking (for new aircon), the contractor said that he had to tear up the wardrobe. For me, I would never put any fixed stuff like tiles or wardrobe over the trunking enclosure. Aircon is the most frequent serviced item.

Good idea about tile skirting. I would consider.

This is very true and all owners should take note and learn about this, usually, IDs or contractors wouldn't advise you against it as they prioritised design over serviceability.

Sorry i just wanted to post this for fun. :P
There is something really very Special and Magical about being able to
bake your very own loaf of bread in the kitchen of your very own HOME.❤️

bread1.jpg

bread2.jpg

Edited by ryanyth

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 11:29 PM, ryanyth said:

Sorry i just wanted to post this for fun. :P
There is something really very Special and Magical about being able to
bake your very own loaf of bread in the kitchen of your very own HOME.❤️

Looks yummy! Please post more!  I still have a few years to go before getting my keys and the wait is killing me already.  So nice to read homeowners enjoying the 2 room flat lifestyle :)