Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fingerscross

Our 4-Bedder Resale Condo Reno Journey 54.5k (excl electric works)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dinning 

A 10 ft side buffet connected to the tv console to be done on the long wall side. Other wall will be a movable 4.5ft side buffet in matching laminate. (Movable bcos i want to adjust it such that its right at the centre of the dinning table) 

20170916_113611.jpg

Kitchen

Complete overhaul of the kitchen. Because the kitchen and dinning tiles are flushed, cannot do overlay. No choice, hack away and relay.

The yard door will be replaced to pd glass door

20170916_114033.jpg

Edited by fingerscross

Yard and utility

Remove utilty door. Will use this room to iron clothes. Overlay floor tiles for utility. Remove floor tiles and do waterproofing for yard and relay tiles. Yard seems rather small, hence we converted the yard toilet to be like a second yard

20170916_114017.jpg

Yard toilet 

This is the smallest area of the house that has gone thru the most changes in the planning phase

At first i wanted to hack away the whole wall where the sink is and extend my kitchen....but i very pantang, feng shui wise, not good to have my kitchen below someone else's toilet. 

Then i wanted to remove toilet bowl n cut 2 small holes and have a planted aquarium here. This got Wayne all excited since it will beautify both the dinning and kitchen. While the tank will be "easy" to maintain since its aldy in a toilet. 

I used to have a planted tank in my first house....the full system type with co2 n stuff....nice to look at, ****-lot of work to maintain. The plants grew real fast and constant trimming and replanting was required to keep the desired look. This part drove me nuts....at this age, dont tink i want this kind of cheap trills.

Then i wanted to seal off the entrance and knock a small entrance at the toilet paper holder side so that it becomes a little ensuite for bedroom 4.....didnt even get to ask ID for quotation. Youngest son knocked some sense into me...he said, " Dad if i take another 5 steps, i get to use a bigger toilet, why would i want to squeeze into this?" He liked the aquarium idea better.

So i tot, maybe the same 2 holes idea and a terrarium and keep some frogs in there. Went to research about this and nope, just as hard work. Frogs will get infected and that could mean a visit to the vet....worst then keeping fishes. With fishes, if they are infected and dont look like they will survive, i can just.....ok u dont wanna know. 

Finally we settled on removing the toilet bowl and sink, will chemical screed the wall tiles, overlay floor tiles and just convert it into a second yard. Will have my dryer in there.

20170916_113910.jpg

Master toilet

Extensive work done here(planning and wet work wise)to make it look good. ID trying to do as little and hack as little to help me safe cost, but i m really not into shower kerb. Hence not making his work easy. Most likely the floor needs to be hacked with new layer of water proofing done to make the slope he suggested at the shower area. Then there is the wall tiles. He suggested just doing a feature wall since white goes with almost everythg. But to do the slope, they need to hack abt 0.5 inch deeper at the shower area so might result in the old white wall tiles loosing its seamless waterproofing contact with the newly laid floor tiles. Then there is that constructed vanity.....now i totally understand why some IDs will suggest hack everythg and just relay.

Keeping my fingerscross on this one

20170916_120050.jpg

Bedroom 3/ Eldest son's room

Eldest son didnt get en-suite because of some crazy feng shui reason. I believe in the 9 sectors and that each sector belongs to a diff family member. This room is right smack in the eastern sector....best for eldest son. Surprisingly he is all cool about it. 

Hacking away wardrobe and change to sliding type. Headboard and study table done here too.

20170916_114139.jpg

On 19/09/2017 at 9:29 PM, Songz said:

Seems like a lot of work need to be done.

Good luck for your renovation and hope to see more updates. 

Thks Songz, pace starting to pick up as the start date draws nearer