Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ben3555

Bennewhouse

Hi people,, abit slow in my update.. busy with work and must also say..getting abit shack and lazy as well.. Reno moving along smoothly and most work are done..now waiting for carpentry,, as well as touch up around the place.. polishing/varnish of the 3 bedroom flooring in progress and Kelvin will be redoing some portion of the toilet and shower.. will update on these later...

Now, the lighting.... pending the purchase of Dining, Kitchen and 3 bedroom light

Living Room..

2 side cove light on / with downlight on

24-04-07_2046.jpg24-04-07_2047.jpg

4 side cove light on / with downlight on

24-04-07_2106.jpg24-04-07_2107.jpg

Only Halogen Light on at future feature wall...

24-04-07_2048.jpg

Another view of the living room with the painted wall...

24-04-07_2054.jpg24-04-07_2053.jpg

Dining Room cove light (missing the dining light)

24-04-07_2050.jpg

Walkway between Living and dining

24-04-07_2051.jpg

Light view of Living and dining / Walkway to bedroom

24-04-07_2055.jpg

24-04-07_2052.jpg

MBR - painted wall and the cove light above the 2 future wardrobe.. also have a halogen light between the 2 wardrobe but forgot to take photo

24-04-07_2058.jpg24-04-07_2056.jpg

Girl1 room - covelight & downlight on / with halegon light on as well...

24-04-07_2059.jpg24-04-07_2100.jpg

Girl 2 - covelight + downlight. / Clipsal too ex... make do with these switches and dimmer for spotlight

24-04-07_2104.jpg24-04-07_2045.jpg

Side track - The bi-fold door for the toilet and shower

24-04-07_2105.jpg

Once the reno is completed, will take proper shots with a real camera..

next critical item will be curtains.... must get it in time to cover up all the old/ugly windows in the house.. hopefully once painted..they will not be too bad but definetly must cover up.. Have to wait for HDB to start on the MUP then will have new windows.. I hope it will be withn the year..fingercross...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey ben...nice lightings ! :)

Got so many cove lightings...maintenance can be tedious....hee...i also have lots of cove lightings...:notti:

ur cove lights are realli gorgeous ...by the way ur girl 1's room ...how come got this stainless steel bar hanging one? training her for chin up test before and after meal?? hehe

Edited by c_stradale

Hi people,, abit slow in my update.. busy with work and must also say..getting abit shack and lazy as well.. Reno moving along smoothly and most work are done..now waiting for carpentry,, as well as touch up around the place.. polishing/varnish of the 3 bedroom flooring in progress and Kelvin will be redoing some portion of the toilet and shower.. will update on these later...

Now, the lighting.... pending the purchase of Dining, Kitchen and 3 bedroom light

Living Room..

2 side cove light on / with downlight on

24-04-07_2046.jpg24-04-07_2047.jpg

4 side cove light on / with downlight on

24-04-07_2106.jpg24-04-07_2107.jpg

Hee. Nice place..we ve the same cove lighting for the living room...super bright..

hey ben...nice lightings ! :)

Got so many cove lightings...maintenance can be tedious....hee...i also have lots of cove lightings...:dancingqueen:

Cove light cosy and cheaper..

ur cove lights are realli gorgeous ...by the way ur girl 1's room ...how come got this stainless steel bar hanging one? training her for chin up test before and after meal?? hehe

Hey Bro..where got chin-up bar... I think it s the angle of the photo.. it is the ceiling wiring for the bedroom light..

Not much progress last week as waiting for fabrication of carpentry... Electrician completed the installation of the girls bedroom lights, toilet and shower ceiling lights.. Will need to get the mbr and dining light by this week..headache..

Only achievement...managed to confirm all the curtain selections..Again thanks to my ID Kelvin and his lobang...

Living Rm - Full length day and night curtain.. Night Curtain is block-out material that can block off 90% of heat ..Day Curtain..organza.. abit funny as where got sunlight at night.. :(

MBR - Full length night curtain

Materail selected by ID and Wife.

Girl 1 Bedroom.. Solid curtain rod with half length curtain

Girl 2 Bedroom - 2 x solid curtain rods and 2 x half length curtain (her room have windows runing the full length of 2 walls). Materail selected by wife

Kitchen - Roller Blinds

Total Damage :) - a reasonable $1700+

For this week, carpentry will be going up from tomorrow onward.. should be done by friday.. Instalation of shower screen... then final touch-up.. cleaning...

Delivery of Fridge & Washing Machine - 12 May

Delivery of Dining Table/Chairs & Sofa - 16 May

Handover - 18 May

Moving in - 21 May :deal:

Report Time.... Updated by Kelvin that carpentry works started on Wed but have yet to find time to check it out.. will do so tomorrow as have to take delivery of Fridge and washing machine..

Also managed to complete the purchase of beds & mattress for both girl as well as fabricated a queen size divan for my existing mattress.. All done at The Sleep Centre/Ackerman.. Again with ID's lobang..

2 sets of Custom made Super Single Beds with additional pull out Super Single Mattress - Total 4 mattress. Brand - Max Coil. Frame will be covered with white PU. ..Reasonable quality as the Branded Type too ex...

A Queen Size Divan with White PU

Total Damage: $1700.

Delivery will be on 18 May 07.

Now, picture time (courtesy of my responsible ID). Although I do not have the time to check, he continue to update me on the progress vie MMS.. Thanks Kelvin... :curse:

My half completed Storage cum Display Cabinet at the Dining Area. Kelvin updated that the guys had installed the normal mirror at the display portion. Will be removed and change to tea-coloured mirror for better effects...

10052007.jpg

My kitchen cabinets... when completed, it will be in glossy white laminate with Orange coloured glass backsplash throughout... nice !!

10062007.jpg

The other side of my kitchen..with sink installed...

10072007.jpg

I will take more photos of the carpentry tomorrow.. should have some progress on the TV feature wall, study tables and wardrobes.. till then...

Not much progress last week as waiting for fabrication of carpentry... Electrician completed the installation of the girls bedroom lights, toilet and shower ceiling lights.. Will need to get the mbr and dining light by this week..headache..

Only achievement...managed to confirm all the curtain selections..Again thanks to my ID Kelvin and his lobang...

Living Rm - Full length day and night curtain.. Night Curtain is block-out material that can block off 90% of heat ..Day Curtain..organza.. abit funny as where got sunlight at night.. :curse:

MBR - Full length night curtain

Materail selected by ID and Wife.

Girl 1 Bedroom.. Solid curtain rod with half length curtain

Girl 2 Bedroom - 2 x solid curtain rods and 2 x half length curtain (her room have windows runing the full length of 2 walls). Materail selected by wife

Kitchen - Roller Blinds

Total Damage :curse: - a reasonable $1700+

For this week, carpentry will be going up from tomorrow onward.. should be done by friday.. Instalation of shower screen... then final touch-up.. cleaning...

Delivery of Fridge & Washing Machine - 12 May

Delivery of Dining Table/Chairs & Sofa - 16 May

Handover - 18 May

Moving in - 21 May !!

wah.. your timeline quite similar to mine as well!!

but my carpentery not started yet.. so sad.. the workers din do anything for 2 weeks till today..

we aiming to shift in by end may!! yep~

hope your process of shifting in will b smooth sailing...

wah.. your timeline quite similar to mine as well!!

but my carpentery not started yet.. so sad.. the workers din do anything for 2 weeks till today..

we aiming to shift in by end may!! yep~

hope your process of shifting in will b smooth sailing...

I think should be on time for you..carpentry will take 3 to 4 days to complete..mine will be done by tuesday.. just saw your blog.. we also on leave for the same period..haha

wah so many things done up liao. btw what is a tea-coloured mirror ? light green color or light brown tinted color one? tea got 2 kinda of colors mah. :notti:

I also want tea-colored mirror! how come i neber think of that?!

If i'm not wrong, tea color mirror are those mirror like copper color tinted....:(