Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ben3555

Bennewhouse

Have finally selected the colours for the painting work starting this week.. will be using ICI Dulex

Living Room - Silvermink + SailWhite

Dining Room - Sail White

MBR - Mocha Delight + Monsoon River (Earth tone colour)

Girl1 Bedroom - Pecan Brone + SailWhite (Earth tone)

Girl2 Bedroom - Pastol Pistachio + Sailwhite (Green tone)

No more pink tone for the girls rooms as will follow FSM advise..Will replace with pink accessories etc.

Also confirmed that all my carpentry will be using glossy white liminate i.e, wardrobe in all the bedrooms, study table in the girl rooms, Display and storage cabinet in dining room, TV console, Shoe cabinet and kitchen cabinets.

As the kitchen floor tile is black and wall tile is grey, wife felt that the tone is too dark and as such, decided to change the colour for the kitchen cabinet glass back splash from Black to Persimmon Berry (Orange).. I think this colour will contrast very nicely with the white cabinet and add a dash of colour to the kitchen.. Hope I'm right..

Also selected the 3 x bedroom doors.. damage - another $1k+

Will be in white with double frosted tempered glass

DOOR.jpg

Really like this door as compared to the normal classic door although it will be cheaper...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Went light hunting over the weekend by myself as wife not free and got 8|8|8|8| ... :(:( . Lesson learnt - don't go shopping without wife... However, not a big problem as ID Kelvin to the rescue... managed to resolved and cancelled the order for 3 x bedrooms, 2 x kitchens and 1 x crystal dining light.. Thanks to Shawn from Litevault who is both helpful and accomdating...

Only managed to confirm the following:

PLC for living room, foyer to bedrooms and kitchen

13-04-07_1427.jpg

We got the same downlight...:)

Wah really like ur doors man. But since ur doors gonna be in white, dat means the frosted glass gonna change to other colours liao. If not there wun be any contrast.

Some update on the reno...

Wet work all done but found some mistake..The guy got the measurement wrong for the washing machine and fridge base and will be redoing it..

Washing Machine Base.. Dryer will be stack on top.

13-04-07_1607.jpg

Fridge Base.. The gap between the base and the wall is for the kitchen sliding door..

13-04-07_1610.jpg

Rubbish Bin installed..will be covered up by carpentry..

13-04-07_1609.jpg

Plastering for whole unit completed and now, all the walls are nice and smooth..

15-04-07_1130.jpg

Aircon trunking also completed..

15-04-07_1125.jpg

Electrical work should be done by today..no time to check..

15-04-07_1127.jpg

Tomorrow - False ceiling, light box, follow by painting...

Hi ben i am also using silver mink for my living room! But somehow it look abit brown to me now.. hee.. Must be the lightings...

Glad to see your reno moving fast!!

Wah really like ur doors man. But since ur doors gonna be in white, dat means the frosted glass gonna change to other colours liao. If not there wun be any contrast.

FSP.. ID actually proposed for light blue tint but wife is against it.. so will maintain the natural colour and will mtach with the white power coated bi-ford toilet and shower door which will also have the same colour acrylic.. my preference is to go for the blue tint but sometime must give way as she agreeded to getting this door instead of the classic door..

Like your kitchen colour combination...white and orange, cheery and bright, like Odie's! 8| Supposed to be good for whetting the appetite in kitchen 8|. Like the sample door, too. Looks like my kitchen door 8|.

ben,

the paint colours for ur gals bedroom, can check out my blog.. its the same :sport-smiley-004:

u can know what is the effect like before hand !!

Knda agree with c_stradale, if wanna buy electrical appliances, better go to those big names electrical shops like Best Denki or Courts etc... Go there not to buy but go look c loo c. When u finally found the model u want, write down the model number & then go to those neighbourhood electrical store & ask for pricing. U'll be surprise the price difference man :~ & moreover, watever promotion those big name shops have, they oso have.

For example i recently got a Mistral fan. Forgot the model but it's the model where it can sweep not only left & right, but can oso sweep up & down. Go to Best, selling at $128,. Called my electrical shop, selling only $90. Quick savings of $38 !!

totally agree!! I bot my fridge, washer and tv at neighbourhood electrical store (hong liang), it saves me $900 plus, that is alot man... :~

Like my washer.. best denki selling $900 plus, close to 1k, and i only bot at $700. :sport-smiley-004:

is it that one got remote control one?

i bugged my hb to check out the neighbouring electrical shops in tamp but they sell more ex den best denki, courts etc! End up we bot from courts with 5% discount but i think its $100 plus too!

!!

Hi diva. Yes dat's the 1.

totally agree!! I bot my fridge, washer and tv at neighbourhood electrical store (hong liang), it saves me $900 plus, that is alot man... :~

Like my washer.. best denki selling $900 plus, close to 1k, and i only bot at $700. :sport-smiley-004:

Wah look like u've got urself very good bargains & savings too :~

hahah seems like everyone getting the same PLC lights ...heh

ahh this is the one i am saying abt ...22bux one ...had it with the bluey bulbs one ...very bright loh ...